• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Parental G-uidance - Gildarts Clive (Fairy Tail) vs Garnet (Steven Universe)

Going for Gildarts honestly, The disassembly should be able to break garnets physical form as well as her gems in one go, and her future vision wont be able to predict Gildarts attack the first time

I doubt the same thing that happened to Natsu could happen to Garnet due to her not being living

1 for Gildarts, 0 for Garnet

What do you mean on the second part though? And I think she'd be able to predict which would be the primary reason why she has to not get hit, although that is difficult

You know when natsu became a mini army.

I dont thinkt hat will happen to garnet, due to only 1 gem

Honestly it seems a little stompy via Gildarts' hax

Garnet has no idea what Gildarts can do honestly, as well as it not showing the actual future

Chances are Gildarts will get at least one shot with his disassembly and kill her on the spot, similar to the gem destabilizer

And i doubt Garnet has ever faced someone like Gildarts

Unless Gildarts knows to aim for Garnet's gems off the bat she can just regenerate into Ruby and Sapphire, re-fuse, and then know to avoid the attack

Exactly. She has a bit of time before he figures it out. And sides, precog.

Though it would be a pain for her to try and attack Gildarts when one is aware of his power.

WeeklyBattles said:
Jinx666 said:
I dont thinkt hat will happen to garnet, due to only 1 gem
Garnet has 2 gems tho...
I mean Garnet cant split her gems into a mini army can she, so its not gonna work on here

Gildarts doesnt need to aim for the gems, he just as to aim at her as a whole, the gems along with her. either ruby and sapphire will appear, or the 2 gems as a whole will be broken. Its like the gem destabilizer honestly, the crash can break garnets gauntlets via hax, and then proceed to break both

its pretty hard to avoid Gildarts for long, hes been shown to be unpredictable, even with precog, and it only takes one attack so Gildarts for me

I'm honestly not sure if it ignores durability as much as it obliterates/overwhelms those who'd be weaker than him, otherwise he should've low-diff'd Acno, or anyone for that matter if his basic attack is a one-shot.

The real cal howard said:
I'm honestly not sure if it ignores durability as much as it obliterates/overwhelms those who'd be weaker than him, otherwise he should've low-diff'd Acno, or anyone for that matter if his basic attack is a one-shot.
Acnologia eats all magic and is immune as direct consequence so his powers are worthless literally anyone against Acnologia in FT verse is a fodder, except for possibly E.N.D Natsu who uses curse and maybe fairy heart but we don't know a lot about it.

Gildarts wins this easily in serious battle he always uses his disable magic a he is gonna hit her since she wouldn't even know why that attack is so dangerous.

Honestly though, we can all agree its quite a big stomp right via Gildarts hax, so i dont think it should be added personally.

you cant do much when you literally die from only one of this guys attacks

From the way it seems she's not gonna die in just one strike. She has a couple of times she can survive even with the acknowledgement that Gildarts destroys a large portion of the enemy. And hey I don't see that argument being acknowledged in Garnet vs Meiling despite it being a more clear stomp.

Gildarts only needs one shot at the gems, he can surely break the gauntlets via hax, and Garnets dead

WeeklyBattles said:
Unless Gildarts knows to aim for Garnet's gems off the bat she can just regenerate into Ruby and Sapphire, re-fuse, and then know to avoid the attack
And sides, Garnet is not stupid.

And point still stands.

@Weekly so far it's been seen to affect just about everything; stone, people, buildings, fire, hell at one point he destroyed a miniature black hole (though a dubious feat) the only thing he can't affect it seems are beings resistant to magic. And he doesn't have to touch it to crash it.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
WeeklyBattles said:
And sides, Garnet is not stupid.
And point still stands.
of course she isnt stupid, but i doubt Gildarts cant land one good hit on her

So...he'd basically just have to intercept one of Garnet's punches with his own and Garnet would be done for. Seems fair...

Precognition makes hitting someone a bit of a pain in the ass. Unless I'm misunderstanding just how good this so called precognition is then.... Because she's ages old and she doesn't know how to deal with an attacker that she had to avoid making contact with? There's a thing called "dodging" and "hit and run tactics"

Im still confused, does Gil himself have to touch what he wants Crash to affect in order for it to work or does it apply to literally anything that touches him as well?

@COB Her precog would allow her to see the potential ways in which Gil could kill her and would allow her to do everything in her power to avoid those outcomes, but if Gil can literally nullify everything that she throws at him with Crash then there's not much she can do except maybe avoid and outlast him while poking with ranged attacks from a distance. But if he's still vulnerable to physical attacks then yes she could very easily employ hit and run tactics.

@Weekly he is still vulnerable to physical attacks, u just have to hit him when his guard is down. But he can also launch long range attacks so even then I wouldn't say it'll be the easiest thing in the world. And I'm still kinda confused about how ppl apply Garnets precog isn't it basically a mathematical deduction of events based on the data she already has? If so how would she deduct Gildarts unusual power?

@Cal I'm pretty sure Sieya are infinitely beyond anything Gildarts has shown.

Wait what?

Looks at his profile

Oh lol looks like Gil was hit with the downgrade stick. In that case Garnet's precog would let her know how dangerous Gil's magic is and allow her to avoid it until she can land a good punch.

Funny how people can make the biggest change at the slightest alterations in a tier even if it's that small. Even without that tier gap you could've argued for experience and range advantage. I mean I don't suppose Garnet doesn't have any idea that throwing would be effective?

Either way same conditions as before only this time either oneshots the other now.

No one has answered my question on how Garnets powers work. If she basically uses mathematical deductions she needs data, but Gildarts powers are pretty unusual- so how would she predict or defend against a power she's never seen b4

There are various ways to see the future tho. And I still love how the prediction arguments only start getting serious when a slight tier gap is added.

Back