• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Palutena vs Samus Aran

Oh yeah, I had Metroid vs Kid Icarus on my mind ever since Island level Basic Suit Samus existed. Anyway, this is a really tough match whom I'm not sure who to give this to. Palutena's barrier reflection is useless against Samus's Wave Beam since it bypasses barriers/shields, and armor. Samus is natural to a 960 G environment, so she has some resistance to Palutena's black hole; although she's pretty much screwed if she manages to get caught. Samus's pre recognition also helps her out since she'll be able to see various attacks from Palutena coming. Her Ice Beam could also counter all those meteors, and she has the heat resistance to withstand Palutena's Explosive Flame; Samus withstood being in the center of the sun in just her 6-C key. Then again, Palutena's teleportation and petrification could prove quite formidable to Samus; though she's dealt with teleporting and flying enemies to begin with. Extremely close call, I'm going to go with inconclusive.

Bonus Round: That's also a good one, but I'm going to lean towards Palutena. One's like a demi-goddess, but the other actually is a goddess. Both are just as attractive as they are kickass, but Samus looses a bit of her Waifuness when wearing her power suit. Additionally, I got a thing for Emerald and Sapphire heads.

Samus, basically what dragon said but Ice Beam AOE and the fact Samus being a combat heavy warrior , to a hilariously higher degree than Palutena, see Pit Vs. Palutena.

Samus should take this via huge amounts of experience fighting flying enemies; precognition; scanning her opponents to find their weaknesses; trained under almost 1000x gravity, making Palutena's gravity manipulation nigh-useless; faced intangible beings before like the hunter ing; and negating Palutena's defense with the ice beam.

I suppose I should start leaning towards Samus as well; in addition to all the reasons I mentioned above, Samus has a lot more actual combat experience. I should add that Samus dealt with teleporting enemies as well. And the Ice Beam possesses similar concepts to petrification, so that's not really new to her as well. Additionally, Palutena rarely actually fights now that I think about it, considering Pit does all that work for her. With that being said, Samus should take this mid to high difficulty.

Forgot to vote, too lazy to make my own reasoning, but Dark covered most of it anyways, so going for Samus on Dark's reasoning.

Back