• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Painwheel's soul resistance

I was just looking through the Skullgirls profiles, looking for matches, when I started reading Painwheel's resistances. The magic resistance is pretty poorly explained (how does Skullgirls blood fusion make her resist magic (I mean there probably is a reason, however it's not explained), but then I saw her soul resistance "Soul Manipulation Resistance: Via having 95% of her soul erased)".

That sounds like the exact opposite of soul resistance. Does Guts have souls resistance because someone stabbed his soul or KO because Enid ate his soul, no; so why does Painwheel have resistance for this? Shouldn't it be easier for someone to manipulation and steal 5% percent of a broken soul rather than a complete one. I guess it could be she can live without that much of her soul, but that won't be resistance to soul Manipulation, that would be the ability to live without a large chunk of their soul (which doesn't fall under manipulation or destruction since both can clearly happen to her as that's how she lost 95% of her soul in the first place). Also considering how her entire story is that she's physically and mentally suffering from what happened to her, that's probably not a feat for Painwheel and more a property of the Skullgirls universe.

Back