• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pages about Characters and Universe Ultimate and Revisions about profile with Marvel handbook

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, sorry for my english

Second, I have seen many pages not only marvel missing characters, but has called my attention enough why this particular being as famous hoped they were practically all the characters.

Characters like Vulture, Scorpion, Hydro-Man, Electro, Anti-Cap, Atlas, Banshee, Baron Zemo, Bastion, Blob, Darkdevil, Demogoblin, Demolition Man, Kraven, and many more.

I think that we should create their profiles

Third, I was surprised that there was no character in the Ultimate Universe. I thought that you would have on another page but could not find it. I also think we should start thinking its creation and how to place them. Since it is not the same America Ultimate Cap the 616, etc.

Last, but not less importat. I have seen that due to inconsistencies in the comics, you have chosen mostly by guide you through the handbooks. But ... I do not think is the most appropriate way what you are getting. As it has lots of inconsistencies. A casual reader of comics you see the tabs will find them absurd. A very simple example is Spiderman and Carnage.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Carnage_(Marvel_Comics)

Carnage is City level and Spiderman Big Building. You do not see a great inconsistency there? It is true that Carnage is higher than Spiderman but not so absurdly superior. I think not guided by the handbook is a bad idea. But the logic of comics must also be taken into account. If a character is a recurring opponent of another, it is impossible for one to be absurdly superior.

And on the handbook I think we should see it as follows: The classification given is too small and each section covers a lot, so that a character located in a same tier another may have enough difference in power. However, the handbook calls it superior to other characters in lower tiers. So I think that's where we should do Powerscaling.

Simple example: If we have two characters, Spiderman (MSH) and Hawkeye (Supersonic) and located in Tier 3 and 2 respectively. Then we find another character, being classified as Tier 3. This character should be: At least Supersonic+ (Listed superior to characters like Hawkeye)

Thanks for reading, it's just my opinion not insult please. Good day.

Sorry for my english again

Well, the problem with Marvel is that the power-scaling does not make any sense whatsoever.

Tier 9 characters regularly go up against tier 4 characters and survive, and in the case of Dormammu, he sometimes loses to tier 9-Bs, and other times wins against tier 1-B's.

Marvel Comics may be the uncontested king of inconsistency, to the point that it is almost hopeless to create proper statistics for the characters.

Antvasima said:
Well, the problem with Marvel is that the power-scaling does not make any sense whatsoever.
Tier 9 characters regularly go up against tier 4 characters and survive, and in the case of Dormammu, he sometimes loses to tier 9-Bs, and other times wins against tier 1-B's.

Marvel Comics may be the uncontested king of inconsistency, to the point that it is almost hopeless to create proper statistics for the characters.
Yes, for this reason i think that we should see the regulars comics and no events which which often mix characters and create great chaos. Spiderman amazing characters should look similar to Spiderman level (most regular enemies should be similar to not having a power up or power etc). And similars with The Increible Hulk, Avengers, The Fantastic Four, etc.

And if any doubt, look at the handbook and put it as I suggested. I think it's the best way, because it eventually will be impossible to classify vs and characters.

Also, maybe it´s necesary to separate Clasic Version Characters and Moderns (Pre-Avengers Dissambled and Post-Avengers Dissambled or Pre-Marvel Now and Post-Marvel Now) Points in history where a great change note. Since you can not do Power Scaling to a Marvel now with one of the 70s

Well, we try to use a combination of power-scaling from their official handbook statistics, feats, and consistency.

The comicbooks themselves are regrettably far more inconsistent than the handbooks, and as such more unreliable to use for power-scaling purposes.

It is far from a perfect system, but regrettably seems to be the least bad option.

Regarding profiles from different eras, it would cause far too much hard work, as we would have to read thousands of comicbooks to find and calculate appropriate feats. So, we go by their higher feats throughout their entire histories instead, as long as they are not complete outliers.

Antvasima said:
Regarding profiles from different eras, it would cause far too much hard work, as we would have to read thousands of comicbooks to find and calculate appropriate feats. So, we go by their higher feats throughout their entire histories instead, as long as they are not complete outliers.
another option would be ... throwing away all "classic" that is hard to find and is highly inconsistent to what current. Although this of different eras is only a measure of last resort.

But if we can make a product that covers current characters. I mean now that all this has happened with the 616 and Ultimate Universe. The All-Diferent Marvel I think it was. It would not be so complicated as just starting.

Antvasima said:
Well, we try to use a combination of power-scaling from their official handbook statistics, feats, and consistency.
The comicbooks themselves are regrettably far more inconsistent than the handbooks, and as such more unreliable to use for power-scaling purposes.

It is far from a perfect system, but regrettably seems to be the least bad option.
Yes, I think I do the best you can. But certainly some need a review

And you think about the way they wont to climb in the handbooks

Again: Simple example: If we have two characters, Spiderman (MSH) and Hawkeye (Supersonic) and located in Tier 3 and 2 respectively. Then we find another character, being classified as Tier 3. This character should be: At least Supersonic+ (Listed superior to characters like Hawkeye)

We mostly use the Master Edition of the handbook for speed levels. It is more precise.

Antvasima said:
We mostly use the Master Edition of the handbook for speed levels. It is more precise.
Speed and Strength are the best options

I have a Handbook downloaded and I see a section for "Attack Potency". Unless I'm blind.
but I'm asking you about how to scale I have suggested above with the example of Hawkeye and Spiderman.

Well, as I have tried to explain above, we are not going to change our system on your say-so. My apologies.

In addition, I have a hard time understanding your English.

Antvasima said:
Well, as I have tried to explain above, we are not going to change our system on your say-so. My apologies.
In addition, I have a hard time understanding your English.
Sorry, i use a translate for long texts

Ok about your system. And you opinion about the other things? Universe Ultimate and profiles about many characters

We cannot create lots of obscure profiles for you, especially not for the now discarded Ultimate Universe. It constitutes far too much unnecessary work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back