• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overwatch question

AidenBrooks999

VS Battles
Retired
Why the High Hypersonic+ feat was accepted so easy?

I mean, for example, Genji has both Supersonic and Hypersonic feats, but we can accept the Hypersonic one because the difference with the Supersonic isn't so big (Mach 1.8 compare to Mach ~6)

But the Soldier:76 feat is like Mach ~90, why that feat wasn't discussed as a possible outlier?

Soldier isn't really fast, If Genji had been that ine who did it instead of Soldier, well... It could maybe be less "outlier"

It kind of was but it was more of trying to discuss it as being short burst speed or something, idk.

DT seemed to have accepted and those from the OBD had taken those of the calcs made for Overwatch over from NF.

So........mmmm......yeah.

Although I like the game and everything, I still thinking that that feat could be an outlier.

Look at that. Even someone with a D.Va profile picture, which is nice, finds HHS+ so broken.

Well i'm more of just whatever here. I don't mind just putting them to around what we got for Genji.....unless somebody wants to recalc AMM's calc or just bring him over here or whatever...cause i'm not gonna do that.

Of course, we wouldn't want you to do any of that since you're just basically the bystander of this problem, Crisis.

Asdtgh said:
Look at that. Even someone with a D.Va profile picture, which is nice, finds HHS+ so broken.
1) D.Va is Bae, dude (Also because i like the tank class)

2) I just said that, if Genji had been that one who did it instead of Soldier, I could think that is least of an outlier

Or if others slower characters get similar feats

Is it really such an outlier when two Heroes can spend entire firefights without hitting each other (they used to take apart entire armies of Omnics, so no their aim isn't bad), react to other, comparable explosions (i.e. Tracer blinking out of her own Pulse Bomb), or casually run around, dodge enemy rounds, and shoot perfectly while on top of a train moving at more than half the speed of sound?

It's not an outlier because there's nothing in-canon that contradicts him being able to achieve those speeds. Genji having a feat that doesn't come out to a higher result doesn't mean that everyone else is arbitrarily limited to that one showing: it simply makes that a low-end feat, of which there are many in almost every fiction ever.

Well, being honest, in a game like Overwatch, HH+ feats looks... kind of "stranger"

But the problem is more about the inconsistency, also, if Genji is the fastest, and seems to be the only ine with such feats like reflecting bullets... Seems like a "regular" soldier running at Mach ~90 speeds is really an outlier.

I don't really buy the whole "regular person" argument when we have people like Hypersonic+ Captain America, and Massively Hypersonic Touma Kamijou (granted they all exist in series where magic and future tech exists), but they're both "normal" people stat wise with crazy reactions and combat speed comparative to the rest of their stats.

Also, Genji was stated to be the most mobile, not necessarily the fastest. In addition, Soldier: 76 underwent the "Soldier Enhancement Program", which gave him (and Reaper) "superhuman speed, strength, and agility" according to his Bio. So even if he's a Super Soldier, he's still superhuman.

I have yet to play Overwatch and know little about the world, but didn't Soldier: 76 undergo some kind of super soldier program sort of like Cap or something?

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
I have yet to play Overwatch and know little about the world, but didn't Soldier: 76 undergo some kind of super soldier program sort of like Cap or something?
Yeah, it's the "Soldier Enhancement Program" I just mentioned. His Bio explicitly stated that he attained superhuman traits from it.

Genji's speed can be scaled to Soldier 76 though, that superhuman speed feat really does not mean he was at his complete fastest

Back