• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! This thread contain Homelander's upgrade in stats and abilities.

Homelander should have Martial Arts in hif profile, cause he can match Soldier Boy and Billy Butcher in combat.

Also we can see Homelander's combat skills against Queen Maeve.

Homelander fights with comparable opponets, so he should be have comparable combat skills with trained militaries like Soldier Boy and Billy Butcher and trained superhero like Queen Maeve.

Legal scaling to Beginning of Series Invincible:

In the interview Robert Kirkman, Ryan Ottley, and Cory Walker talked about Invincible vs Homelander.

0:00-1:50

Robert
says, than Invincible in early series definitely will have hard time fighting Homelander, cause he's pro superhero (another proof why he must have Martial Arts). Also that make Homelander comparable with Beggining of Series Invincible.
As a result, Homelander will be have:
Attack Pottency: Large Island level+ (Has less strength, but strong enough to give hard fight to early series Invincible)
Speed: Relativistic+ (Comparable with early series Invincible)
Lifting Strength: Class K (Comparable with early series Invincible)
Striking Strength: Large Island level+ (Comparable with early series Invincible)
Durability: Large Island level+(Comparable with early series Invincible)

Important Note: This shouldn't be considered an outlier because Homelander doesn't have any anti feats. On the contrary, his best feat, for which he has a level, he accomplished without feeling anything, namely, surviving the explosion of the plant. He still has the potential for much greater achievements. In addition, as support, we have an indication that no weapon on the planet can harm him, which would fit perfectly in comparison with Invincible. This should not fall under the rules of limiting crossover scaling, because the author of Invincible, and the author of The Boys mutually discussed their stats. For example, we scale Ben Ten's aliens to Generator Rex, although this is a crossover, and all because their authors are connected to each other and these universes are narratively connected.

Agree: OlafThorsson
Disagree:
Neutral:

Last edited:
Homelander overpowers his opponents with strenght not skill, Soldier boy and Queen Maeve are stated to be opponents to homelander but still weaker than him and that's an important piece of plot that he is the strongest in the verse.
Pretty sure this was talked before in another CRT and rejected.

Dont think it's good ideia to use those, Luffy and Goku fought in a crossover and were apparently relative despite the clear difference in feats, they would never say something like "my verse is weak and would lose to x" they will always say things like "he would put up a good fight". Use that for scaling it's ridiculous.

Homelander overpowers his opponents with strenght not skill, Soldier boy and Queen Maeve are stated to be opponents to homelander but still weaker than him and that's an important piece of plot that he is the strongest in the verse.
Pretty sure this was talked before in another CRT and rejected.

Dont think it's good ideia to use those, Luffy and Goku fought in a crossover and were apparently relative despite the clear difference in feats, they would never say something like "my verse is weak and would lose to x" they will always say things like "he would put up a good fight". Use that for scaling it's ridiculous.
Nah, dude. Soldier Boy is comparable character to Homelander, and John said, than he strong as him. Also Robert confirmed, that Homelander is pro hero. Authors of The Boys and Invincible talked about this. By the way, DCEU Superman stronger than General Zod, but he has Martial Arts, but not Homelander.

Nah, dude. Soldier Boy is comparable character to Homelander, and John said, than he strong as him. Also Robert confirmed, that Homelander is pro hero.
Again being compable in strenght doesnt make them equal in combat skills and the show let very clear that homelander is supposed to be an upgrade he also says "you were the only one close as strong as me", and Homelander overpowered Soldier boy, Butcher and Hugh alone so them having the same strenght is not viable.
Sincerely i dont even think Soldier boy should have marcial arts on his profile, it's just a guess but if we base it on the comics there was no training in the army.
Regardless as i told it was rejected in the previous CRT.
Again pro hero doesnt make him as strong as invincible nor does it gives him marcial arts knowledge even more considering Homelander is known for having no actual threat to his supremacy.

In the war in question, Homelander achieved these things thanks to his power. I find it ridiculous that he scales with the skills of those against him, and he already stated that he was superior to them in terms of power when he attacked Soldier Boy. Since they could not rival Homelander in terms of power, they could not defeat Homelander collectively.

Again being compable in strenght doesnt make them equal in combat skills and the show let very clear that homelander is supposed to be an upgrade he also says "you were the only one close as strong as me", and Homelander overpowered Soldier boy, Butcher and Hugh alone so them having the same strenght is not viable.
Sincerely i dont even think Soldier boy should have marcial arts on his profile, it's just a guess but if we base it on the comics there was no training in the army.
Regardless as i told it was rejected in the previous CRT.
Again pro hero doesnt make him as strong as invincible nor does it gives him marcial arts knowledge even more considering Homelander is known for having no actual threat to his supremacy.
But Superman stronger than Zod, why he has Martial Arts?

I can agree with the martial arts but not with the tier upgrade. That video shouldn't be used for scaling purposes.

This breaks the crossover rules. Shovel Knight doesn't scale to Kratos even though his appearance in the game is officially mentioned to be canon.

Yeah, no. This definitely isn't gonna fly at all, you shouldn't really be using that video for evidence for this kind of scaling as this isn't proven at all. And even then, Homelander needs to have just as much consistent feats as Invincible does and so far I have not seen that at all.

Rejected.

Yeah, no. This definitely isn't gonna fly at all, you shouldn't really be using that video for evidence for this kind of scaling as this isn't proven at all. And even then, Homelander needs to have just as much consistent feats as Invincible does and so far I have not seen that at Bot

I disagree with this entirely. As others have brought, the actual reason Homelander can keep up with Queen Maeve and Soldier Boy is entirely because he's stronger.

And absolutely disagree with the Invincible stuff. It's pure nonsense.
But DCEU Superman also stronger than General Zod and he has martial arts, why? You really think, If you stronger in one percent than anybody but he trained and you not trained you'll win him in fight or what?

Yeah, no. This definitely isn't gonna fly at all, you shouldn't really be using that video for evidence for this kind of scaling as this isn't proven at all. And even then, Homelander needs to have just as much consistent feats as Invincible does and so far I have not seen that at all.

Rejected.
Both authors discussed this question, and they came to conclusion. Homelander can be comparable with Invincible. Just remember about Ben 10 and Generator Rex's scaling.

But DCEU Superman also stronger than General Zod and he has martial arts, why? You really think, If you stronger in one percent than anybody but he trained and you not trained you'll win him in fight or what?
That has nothing to do with what's being proposed here, stay on topic.

Homelander should have Martial Arts in hif profile, cause he can match Soldier Boy and Billy Butcher in combat.
Also we can see Homelander's combat skills against Queen Maeve.
Homelander fights with comparable opponets, so he should be have comparable combat skills with trained militaries like Soldier Boy and Billy Butcher and trained superhero like Queen Maeve.
Has been addressed and rejected before
Robert says, than Invincible in early series definitely will have hard time fighting Homelander, cause he's pro superhero (another proof why he must have Martial Arts). Also that make Homelander comparable with Beggining of Series Invincible.
Hard disagree unless Homelander shows actual feats comparable to Invincible. Then there's some basis to the statement. Pretty certain we don't cross-scale fiction like this either way
By the way, DCEU Superman stronger than General Zod, but he has Martial Arts, but not Homelander.
But Superman stronger than Zod, why he has Martial Arts?
But DCEU Superman also stronger than General Zod and he has martial arts, why?
I don't know why you're bringing up other verses, but I can also bring up that Adam Warlock is stronger than Drax and doesn't have Martial Arts

Also, in the final battle, Zod with his armour started off as comparable to Superman, but after taking it off, he got the upper hand against Clark on several occasions. There's even a blatant statement that Superman lacks the same combat skill and experience as Zod

That has nothing to do with what's being proposed here, stay on topic.
Ammm. But it's same situation. Superman stronger than Zod, but he has martial arts, Homelander stronger than Soldier Boy, but he hasn't martial arts. Your logic will work, If Homelander would be stronger in few times, but he wouldn't. Think, Moderator, think!

Ammm. But it's same situation. Superman stronger than Zod, but he has martial arts, Homelander stronger than Soldier Boy, but he hasn't martial arts. Your logic will work, If Homelander would be stronger in few times, but he wouldn't. Think, Moderator, think!
It’s best if you don’t use arguments that rely on whataboutism, we’re talking about two different verses here.

Also, the actual quote only has a single “Think”

Has been addressed and rejected before

Hard disagree unless Homelander shows actual feats comparable to Invincible. Then there's some basis to the statement. Pretty certain we don't cross-scale fiction like this either way

I don't know why you're bringing up other verses, but I can also bring up that Adam Warlock is stronger than Drax and doesn't have Martial Arts

Also, in the final battle, Zod with his armour started off as comparable to Superman, but after taking it off, he got the upper hand against Clark on several occasions. There's even a blatant statement that Superman lacks the same combat skill and experience as Zod
What verse is not important thing, I just gave example of your hypocrisy. You gave Superman martial arts, but I also can say he's winning cause he's stronger, but you won't give Homelander martial arts and I don't know why.

Whataboutism still isn't helping your case at all here.

DCEU is irrelevant to The Boys, bringing it up isn’t helping your case.

Anyway, disagree with both proposals for reasons above.

Considering this thread has been rejected by so many mods which would include me, I should start closing this unless if there's a good reason I shouldn't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back