• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Penny Polendina vs Soldier: 76

Peppersalt43

They/Them
ALTERNATE TITLE: REMNANTS OF THE PAST

So based on what I remember from her match-up thread. For a Penny fight, you need a character with relatively few haxes and has crazy skills. Now I'm pretty sure Soldier: 76 is one of the few skill gods of the verse and conveniently, he is pretty lacking in haxes

Let's hope this goes well. I recall @DaReaperMan and @WeeklyBattles are knowledgeable on both verses so let's see what kind of discussions end up happening.
● ------------------------------------- ●
The marketplace was a chaotic cacophony of neon lights and mechanical noises, drowning out the horrid crimes and screams for help in the area. Standing in front of a bar, Connor and Penny re-checked their sources before entering the place, finding it as disarrayed as the conditions outside. Scanning the patrons of the bar, the android's view was filled with long multi-paged lists of various criminal charges, all while techno songs played in the background. Despite all the distractions, the two found the person they were looking for.

"Commander? My name is Connor and hers is Penny" Connor greeted, met by only silence as the man in front of them downed another shot. The android proceeded to note something down in a napkin before folding and sliding it towards the commander. In annoyance, he proceeded to unfold it, finding "We're here to ask you a series of questions. If you feel it unsafe to do here, we can go to whatever location you choose". He simply scoffed at this before crumpling the napkin and tossing it away, earning Connor's ire.

"76, law enforcement is currently positioned in every exit. All communication between them indicates that they've been lead to you" Connor said, his words drowned out by the rest of the crowd though the commander heard this loud and clear.
"Hold this" he said, giving a beer bottle to the android.

This was followed by Soldier: 76 tossing another beer bottle at another patron, the shattering glass instantly silencing the crowd as said patron turned around angrily at the one person holding a glass bottle... In an instant, the patron quickly unholstered his handgun, firing it at Connor who swiftly avoided it before shooting back, hitting his opponent square in the arm. Unfortunately, that missed shot hit another patron, the silence broken by screams of every patron as an all-out barfight began. In the middle of all this, the soldier calmly picked up his rifle before hanging it over his back.

"Now, one more favor. I need to not draw attention which is a problem because..." Soldier: 76 explained before back-handing a patron running at him, shattering his head without any effort.
"Calculating... 21*10^9 joules. Comparison to base strength, 1.503 difference in strength" Penny calculated, the results earning her smile "I can take it!".

"3rd floor, room 324, 76543 765th avenue" the soldier explained before pulling out his rifle.

soldier__76___overwatch_by_dramegar_dazep6y-fullview.jpg

VS
rwby_cr___blade_blossom_by_adsouto_dcsix4e-fullview.jpg

Wait seriously? Wasn't he able to contend with people that can do shit like this?
That was tactics and aim because melee would never come to pass in that fight.

Neither of which matter when Penny is not near the bottom of the skill chain in RWBY and as such she dodges everything Soldier can do and picks him apart no diff.
does she skill stomp all overwatch high 8-C's? if not maybe there's a better overwatch opponent for her
I'm pretty sure. When first key Yang is only matchable with ******* Doomfist, yeah, you know there's a problem.

Back