• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overwatch Downgrades: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've also talked with Weekly off-site about "the statement isn't saying the gameplay isn't canon" and his argument for this boiled down to semantics regarding the word "strictly", where he proceeded to go back on his own word regarding what the word meant when I pointed out that his definition of it would invalidate gameplay feats.

So yeah, it invalidates gameplay feats, or at the very least our ability to assume first that they're canon.

Let me just dig up that MP4 file of me and all my friends all playing Rein on the same team.

Give me a second, it was recorded back when Overwatch was like 3 months old.

Doesn't duplicate heroes in opposite teams exists tho? It's basically the same thing.

Space-time shit in the form of alternate universes is the obvious solutio

I mean seeing as Sigma and Junkenstein kinda confirm an Overwatch multiverse thats not exactly hard to believe ovo

>Duplicate heroes on the opposite teams are a thing

>yeah but overwatch is a multiverse so its still canon guys

Pull me out of this simulation, I just can't anymore

Yes, but reacting so much to a very light and obviously joking jab makes me think you're taking this way too seriously.

Like, I get being invested (I'm invested in DMC stuff for instance) but still.

One of the verses i put an immense amount of work into is being torn apart by people who know nothing about it and no one is willing to listen to what i have to say about it so yes i am taking this more seriously than normal.

Weekly, I took hours of my personal time to hear you out both on this thread and in private, so please don't throw around that "no one is willing to listen to what i have to say". People can disagree with you while also comprehending what you're saying, understanding this is needed to debate reasonably.

I'm not responding to further attempts to derail this thread with drama, and I implore everyone else on the thread to stop making jokes on the situtation.

Weekly, it seems like you have been outvoted regarding this issue, so it is probably best to let it go and move on.

Well, everybody else here seem to disagree with you. There isn't much else that you can do.

Also, I sent you some PMs.

When im the one who is being asked to gather every scan in the verse i unfortunately cannot just drop what i am saying, especially when people are already angry about me doing so from past incidences where i was asked to drop arguments.

Weekly, I really don't want any staff drama, especially during an ongoing crisis for ensuring the survival of the wiki.

My apologies for being blunt, but your arguments have apparently not managed to convince anybody in this case, and the staff members who disagree have not been unreasonable. There really isn't much else you can do than drop it now or later when everybody involved have grown even more tired of dealing with it.

Just please try to step back and not take this so seriously. Thank you.

Perhaps we can go through with these downgrades at the moment, to finish this revision, and then Weekly can try to find greater feats that can be calculated and evaluated, as long as they are not Game Mechanics?

Why push an incomplete revision through when nothing has been concisely agreed on yet? Hell we're still gathering and calcing feats

7 people agree with the first part of the OP though. The rest of the discussion about feats is waiting for you to let go of the topic when the majority disagree with you so that they can evaluate and decide what to put on the profiles.

The first part of the OP hasnt even been fully discussed, agree or not it is against the rules to push an incomplete revision through before its done.

Are you certain that you cannot simply start a new revision thread later after you have got better feats calculated and accepted?

D.Va:

• Micro Missiles: 1, 2
  • Defense Matrix: 1
  • Boosters: 1, 2
  • Self-Destruct: 1
  • Light Gun: 1
Orisa:

• Halt!: 1 (For reference, a Tobelstein Reactor is the thing that Zarya's gun uses to manipulate gravity)
  • Fortify: 1, 2
  • Protective Barrier:
  • Supercharger:
Reinhardt:

• Barrier Field: 1 2 3, 4
  • Charge: 1 2
  • Fire Strike: 1
  • Earthshatter: 1
Roadhog:

• Chain Hook: 1, 2
  • Take a Breather: 1, 2
  • Whole Hog: 1