• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overwatch Downgrades: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
WeeklyBattles said:
Dammit i didnt mean to post that yet. Its not complete for those wondering
It's very surprising fandom didn't eat that up as it eats up large posts that take a while.

It only really does that if you let a age sit for a while, i actually copied the entire comment just in case that did happen lol i wasnt gonna lose four hours of work

I find it much more interesting that you planned on providing lore examples for all of Lucio's in-game abilities when he doesn't even have his own animated short and doesn't make any direct appearances in the comics.

...Which even a Layman can tell you, due to the fact that his official hero page doesn't have any comics or animated shorts linked in its "Related Media" section, unlike the pages for characters such as Zarya, McCree Doomfist, Reaper and Sombra who do have major appearances in either comic books, animated shorts, or both.

In fact, the closest thing we get to an "appearance" from that character in any comic or short is him appearing in a New Year's Eve concert advertisement in Reflections.

I told you, the list is incomplete, I am not done going through everyone's lore and I passed out about 5 minutes after posting that. He does have everything in his lore though, of that is can assure you.

I've read all of the comics already, and I can assure you that he doesn't make an in-person appearance in any of them.

Given that, on top of the fact that he doesn't appear in any animations either, you're going to be hard pressed to find any lore that even depicts him fighting, much less anything that would actually show him using any of his in-game abilities.

...And I feel like this is something you should already be aware of, considering how long you've been indexing this verse and studying its every detail.

So, since no one talked about, i will bring it here.

I think that the different life bars from the game should be considered GM.

If you don't know the other type of life bars, you can check it [[1]]. I don't know if their existence are cannon on comics, but here we go

Armor and Shields, either native or temporally, should not be considered on the characters profile. For once, wich characters have or don't have shields seems to be random and with no justification, well, besides the fact that we don't take in game stuff without them appearing in comics.

Same with temporally shields and armor. PCs like Doomfist are able to create their own temporally shields, with no justification in cannon, as far as i am aware, so they shouldn't have those as abilities unless they appeared in cannon

Unfortunate for Lucio, my brazilian brotha is never remembered in comics or shorts, wich is sad

@Drite:

The one thing I will correct you on is that Doomfist has forcefields which appear in his origin video. He should absolutely still keep them on his profile, because of that.

@King Im not talking about the comics for Lucio, im fully aware he's not in them

Ive already found lore of him fighting

WeeklyBattles said:
@King Im not talking about the comics for Lucio, im fully aware he's not in them Ive already found lore of him fighting
So I suppose that means you are not only capable of scanning through the lore at this very moment, but also have it with you to source for us.

Please do so.

WeeklyBattles said:
Surprise surprise canon stuff is cano
Using your own words from the previous thread, "Don't be snarky. This is a CRT, not a Fun and Games thread."

If you do it now, I can add it to the list myself. It will help move things along.

I believe the month and a half period in which we've been working through this revision has been enough of a lesson in patience for everyone involved.

That you apparently have the evidence (and the time to give it to us, going by the context of all of your recent posts thus far) and are simply refusing to do so upon being asked politely is...not helping your case right now, I'll be very honest.

It took all my will power not to post the spongebob one eternity later meme.

@Mrking I didn't post the actual meme... eh this has been going on for a month and a half, so forgive me this joke :p

Also a minor addition, Ana should have Pain manip for being able to numb the pain of being shot in the back by Reaper's shotgun

Isn't this a thing children would do?

"I know where it is, but I'm not telling you to waste your time."

Just tell us and stop stone walling.

@Pen:

Son, you're not helping.

@Weekly:

One topic at a time, please. I am asking you very nicely to give us the evidence you have found, as you have the time on your hands and doing so will help further this revision. There's no logical reason for you to keep it to yourself right this moment after you've made a point to mention having found it.

Instead of waiting five minutes for something to post you guys spent 5+ replies complaining about it instead yet im the one coming under fire when im the one getting the scans. Makes sense.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
@Weekly:
One topic at a time, please. I am asking you very nicely to give us the evidence you have found, as you have the time on your hands and doing so will help further this revision. There's no logical reason for you to keep it to yourself right this moment after you've made a point to mention having found it.

WeeklyBattles said:
Instead of waiting five minutes for something to post you guys spent 5+ replies complaining about it instead yet im the one coming under fire when im the one getting the scans. Makes sense.
And yet you're still not doing it.

@Uld Ah yes let me just snap my fingers and instantly have all the information of the verse available to you all at once at your beck and call. Not like i have to look for stuff or take screenshots and manually upload them or anything naaaaaaah im just being a stonewall, its not like looking for scans takes time or anything right?

But you said you had the evidence of Lucio fighting already. Right now, that's all anyone is asking for.

At this point i may as well start deleting the complaints about me not being omniscient because they do nothing but clutter this thread

WeeklyBattles said:
At this point i may as well start deleting the complaints about me not being omniscient because they do nothing but clutter this thread
That conflation between us actually asking for your source for Lucio fight being turned into "You're demanding I'm omniscient".

Are you actually self-aware with what you're writing?

And you know what would help stop clutter? Giving us this cited example of Lucio fighting you said not even an hour ago and stop playing victim.

You know what else would help? Letting me get the scans without 20+ replies complaining about how i havent gotten the scans yet.

Can we like, start a new thread? One where Weekly has compiled all the scans without someone berating him every 5 minutes?

We can address our issues with whatever when he is done showing the scans, for now we have nothing to discuss, nor debate.

WeeklyBattles said:
You know what else would help? Letting me get the scans without 20+ replies complaining about how i havent gotten the scans yet.
No one is asking for scans, Weekly, stop putting words in people's mouths, just tell us where you're pulling these and what area of your ass.

And I love how 6 comments calling you out became 20+. How does math work.

>No one is asking for scans

Have you not been reading what is being discussed? This whole conversation is about me getting scans for Lucio's abilities.

WeeklyBattles said:
>No one is asking for scans

Have you not been reading what is being discussed? This whole conversation is about me getting scans for Lucio's abilities.
Apparently more than you, the closest you got to people asking for scans is King saying the word "Scanning" which is in relation to you READING, not getting scans.

And why are you avoiding just giving a basic citation? Like, why don't you end the argument by copy and pasting either the name of the thing you're citing or the link from which you're reading.

My god, asking people to fulfil the burden of proof after 2 months of nothing must be so unreasonable.

The conversation as it began was about Weekly having already had the scans, and us asking him to post them.

The rest is relatively unnecessary, but the act of us asking for him to give us the evidence he had at that point claimed to have already had in his possession is not. It's only reasonable; if one mentions having something that will help further a revision, the logical next step is for them to present it upon being asked.

The commotion grew because Weekly refused to do so, and then later admitted to not having the evidence he said he did. I don't exactly like that things escalated because of that, but it's not terribly hard to see why they did, and the anger is perfectly understandable as well.

I am neutral. Now can we move on and focus on the topic at hand, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back