• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Non-Physical Interaction allows to beat abstract characters, but Holy manip can be counted as well
NPI allows the user to harm intangible beings, like ghosts or spirits. I'm saying that holy manipulation is likely his weakness, allowing for him to be killed by it permanently. (just guessing)

NPI allows the user to harm intangible beings, like ghosts or spirits. I'm saying that holy manipulation is likely his weakness, allowing for him to be killed by it permanently. (just guessing)
The power to interact with intangible or non-corporeal beings or objects. Users can both see and interact with intangible, or non-corporeal, abstract, and nonexistent objects or life-forms and entities, allowing them to make physical contact and possibly cause harm.

are there scans/video clips for this? just so we're on the same page
but here it is.

85JlBxNXdSA.jpg

but here it is.

85JlBxNXdSA.jpg
Sorry, I was eating. but from what I can gather, he's a ghost/spirit that embodies hate and anger. He exists on a different plane of existence, and is able to come back to life after being killed as long as hate and anger exist in the world. did I get all of that right?

he's a ghost/spirit that embodies hate and anger.
He is the spirit that acts a source of Darkness and is the concept of evil itself. That's why he have Abstract Existence (Type 1).
He exists on a different plane of existence
Yea, some sort of void.
and is able to come back to life after being killed as long as hate and anger exist in the world
Not exactly. He's existing in the void even if the world doesn't have any evil, hatred, anger and e.t.c. But it gaves him power to manifest himself in the vessels. In ther words, creates a physical forms.

He is the spirit that acts a source of Darkness and is the concept of evil itself. That's why he have Abstract Existence (Type 1).
thank you for clarifying.
Yea, some sort of void.
and his true form exists here?
Not exactly. He's existing in the void even if the world doesn't have any evil, hatred, anger and e.t.c. But it gaves him power to manifest himself in the vessels. In ther words, creates a physical forms.
so once the levels of hate and anger reach a certain point, his spirit is able to affect their world and create avatars?

then it's just abstract existence type 1 still. existing as a concept, being able to create avatars, and being unable to be affected is all under AE type 1. There isn't any mention of him lacking a concept of death, or something similar. and even though he does exist on a different plane of existence, it seems more like a sort of shadow realm, like yugioh's. and in general, characters with AE type 1 are just hard to kill without concept manipulation or existence erasure. And even then, you need NPI to even be able to touch them.
but some characters (Like USM Lloyd and FSM) is able to affect his spirit form directly.
because of the NPI mixed with holy manipulation. because they have both, they are likely the only one able to kill him. like a type advantage in pokemon. where water is effective against fire, fire to grass, grass to water, and so on. so they can harm him, interact with him, and likely kill him.

then it's just abstract existence type 1 still. existing as a concept, being able to create avatars, and being unable to be affected is all under AE type 1. There isn't any mention of him lacking a concept of death, or something similar. and even though he does exist on a different plane of existence, it seems more like a sort of shadow realm, like yugioh's. and in general, characters with AE type 1 are just hard to kill without concept manipulation or existence erasure. And even then, you need NPI to even be able to touch them.
because of the NPI mixed with holy manipulation. because they have both, they are likely the only one able to kill him. like a type advantage in pokemon. where water is effective against fire, fire to grass, grass to water, and so on. so they can harm him, interact with him, and likely kill him.
Lloyd and FSM destroyed him a few times but he's still exists. That's the point

maybe I should just watch the damn thing at this point.
I'll see if I can get a staff member to look through this look through this.

Agreed with this.

Agreed with this.
I have answered these statements above. Since both USM Lloyd and FSM have NPI, Holy Manip and high-level Reality Warping, they destroyed the Overlord's spirit directly, but it continues to exist. (In fact, they could destroy his spirit only because of the presence of Golden Power, which gives all the above abilities. Zane, who had no Golded Power by default, was also able to destroy the Overlord's spirit at the end of Season 3 by wrapping the Golden Power, that the Overlord used as Golden Master, against him absorbing it and producing an explosion)

I have answered these statements above. Since both USM Lloyd and FSM have NPI, Holy Manip and high-level Reality Warping, they destroyed the Overlord's spirit directly, but it continues to exist. (In fact, they could destroy his spirit only because of the presence of Golden Power, which gives all the above abilities. Zane, who had no Gold Power by default, was also able to destroy the Overlord's spirit at the end of Season 3 by wrapping the Gold Power that the Overlord used against him, absorbing it and producing an explosion)
That doesn't necessarily mean it must have Immo type 5. In fact, his reliant immortality covers it quite nicely.

That doesn't necessarily mean it must have Immo type 5. In fact, his reliant immortality covers it quite nicely.
This statement is opposed by the fact that the Overlord in Season 15 sought to destroy the balance (on which his Type 8 is based), which casts doubt on the existence of the Type 8.

What exactly is immo type 5? I can't find a concrete reasoning in OP.
5: Deathless Immortality: Characters who exist unbound by conventional life or death, or do not exist at all, and thus cannot be traditionally killed. Typically, abilities such as Existence Erasure are needed to destroy them.

5: Deathless Immortality: Characters who exist unbound by conventional life or death, or do not exist at all, and thus cannot be traditionally killed. Typically, abilities such as Existence Erasure are needed to destroy them.
This is not even my question, I asked for which reasoning are you giving overlord immo type 5 and which evidences do support that?

Wouldn't the balance be restored by his defeat?
It is worth noting the fact that he was defeated with the help of the Golden Power (4 times in a row in the series) and immediately after his defeat, all darkness and evil were expelled from the Realm, so I believe that yes: The balance after his defeat was restored once more.

In addition, the idea of Balance is quite controversial, since an Overlord can have Golden Power without any problems and even manage it at the same level as an FSM (if not better).

Then yeah, there you go. That's why he keeps popping up.
I doubt. In Season 2, the Overlord used the Balance only to restore his stay in the physical world by shifting forces towards Darkness. Rather, the destruction of the Balance enhances its dark forces, rather than affecting its existence as such.

Back