• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord_Darkness

Username Only
Hi.
I would like to consider revisiting the Overlord's immortality within his spirit form.

As we know, the Overlord in his spirit form exists beyond the plane of human existence (which was proved in the previous CRT). In addition, since the Overlord is also exclusively an abstraction (Type 1) due to its nature, immortality (Type 5) for its spirit form should be sufficiently justified. You see, it should look something like this in the corresponding section of his abilities: Immortality (Types 3, 5 and 8: reliant on the Balance and his existence: he will get back his physical forms every time the Balance is shifted towards Darkness, also Overlord exist outside of the mortal plane of existence).

At the same time, the following types of immortality should be indicated in its physical forms: 1, 6 and 9 since physical forms just its avatars that it uses to act in the physical world.

EDIT: in order for users not to have to review the entire thread in search of scans, I will post them here and express my interpretation.

This scan clearly states that the Balance restricts the Overlord from entering the mortal plane of existence, and does not affect his own existence.

This scan describes the immortality of the Overlord and the fact that even after he is destroyed, he continues to exist. Also, this scan says that Immortality Type 8 refers to its physical forms, and not to the Overlord itself as an abstract concept.

Here it is clearly stated and confirmed that the Balance limits the Overlord from intrusions into the physical world and the shifting or destruction of the Balance allows him to manifest himself.

Thus, it is safe to say that Type 8 refers exclusively to his physical forms, and the Overlord himself has Type 5, existing outside the mortal plane of existence, thereby surpassing the concepts of life and death.
85JlBxNXdSA.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm...

I'd prefer that we don't give Type 5 Immortality for simply being an abstraction and being outside the universe, Death needs to literally not apply to the individual at all, as in, they literally cannot due unless the concept of death is forced upon them(Example: Fate Tiamat)

I'd prefer that we don't give Type 5 Immortality for simply being an abstraction and being outside the universe, Death needs to literally not apply to the individual at all, as in, they literally cannot due unless the concept of death is forced upon them(Example: Fate Tiamat)
A good enough statement. It is worth noting that in Ninjago there is a world of the dead called the Departed Realm. The Overlord has his own unnamed place, where he summoned the soul of the deceased Harumi, and then resurrected her.

A good enough statement. It is worth noting that in Ninjago there is a world of the dead called the Departed Realm. The Overlord has his own unnamed place, where he summoned the soul of the deceased Harumi, and then resurrected her.
Eh, that's moreso an afterlife, is it not? I don't think everything that visits just automatically dies

And even then I'd they did being there would just grant resistance to Death Manipulation, not an Immortality.

Even when FSM Lloyd attacked directly the Overlord's spirit inside possessed Garmadon body, he wasn't dead and never been in the Departed Realm

Eh, that's moreso an afterlife, is it not? I don't think everything that visits just automatically dies
Not exactly. Everyone who is in the Departed Realm is literally dead. It's just that their souls do not disappear, but are sharpened in this world (there are ways to return from there, but this is extremely problematic)

Hmmm... could it be Overlord's spirit is the thing that's alive, not his body?
Well, no. His spirit was destroyed upon final of the Season 2 but he recovered. As Wu claimed in Season 15, the Overlord cannot be truly destroyed (like, destroyed for good)

Not exactly. Everyone who is in the Departed Realm is literally dead. It's just that their souls do not disappear, but are sharpened in this world (there are ways to return from there, but this is extremely problematic)
Then the souls have Immortality type 7

And if there are ways to get out, I dunno.
Well, no. His spirit was destroyed upon final of the Season 2. As Wu claimed in Season 15, the Overlord cannot be truly destroyed (like, destroyed for good)
Is this because of the type 8?

Cause I could see a possibly/likely type 5 Immortality from this with sufficient explanation on the profile

And if there are ways to get out, I dunno.
Yea. Like, Overlord or FSM can just ressurect guys if they will to do it. And there are some other things like day that happens once for 3700+ years, some Oni-demonic tea that grants ability open pathway even in Departed Realm.
Is this because of the type 8?
VERY questionably. Wu said that Overlord cannot be destroyed but in Season 15 he did not refer to balance, but simply described his immortality as part of his essence. He said like, yes, we can destroy it, but it will still continue to exist and then simply gain enough strength again to gain a physical body.

at the same time, creators (about 6 or 7 years ago on twitter) said that Overlord also part of the Balance that granted him Type 8

Also in doubt about the Immortality Type 8 is the fact that the Overlord can destroy the Balance. I.e. literally what it is a part of. This, in my opinion, goes a bit against the fact that he is dependent on it.

VERY questionably. Wu said that Overlord cannot be destroyed but in Season 15 he did not refer to balance, but simply described his immortality as part of his essence. He said like, yes, we can destroy it, but it will still continue to exist and then simply gain enough strength again to gain a physical body.
Okay that makes sense, can you drop a scan RQ?

I also had a question: if the Overlord can destroy the Balance and still continue to exist, then does it have to have Type 8?

5: Deathless Immortality: Characters who exist unbound by conventional life or death, or do not exist at all, and thus cannot be traditionally killed. Typically, abilities such as Existence Erasure are needed to destroy them.
Yea. Like, Overlord or FSM can just ressurect guys if they will to do it. And there are some other things like day that happens once for 3700+ years, some Oni-demonic tea that grants ability open pathway even in Departed Realm.

This is nice and good.

Scan are sufficient for type 5 and 8 I think.

In addition, since the Overlord is also exclusively an abstraction (Type 1)
well, abstract existence doesn't equal deathless immortality. for it to count, they have to completely lack a concept of death, so it doesn't apply to them. Even on abstract existence type 1, it says "lack a true physical form, and affecting them requires the ability to affect directly the abstraction itself", meaning that if you get rid of said abstraction, they die, so the concept of death still applies. I hope I explained it well.

I looked at the video you sent, and it just kinda supports abstract existence type 1. I don't really see anything else. you could maybe argue type 8 immortality, but that's it.
But it was directly said that he cannot be destroyed without referring to Balance that was used to describe his Type 8

But it was directly said that he cannot be destroyed without referring to Balance that was used to describe his Type 8
"Type 1: Exists purely as an abstraction. These characters lack a true physical form, and affecting them requires the ability to affect directly the abstraction itself, because eventual physical manifestations are merely avatars." That video says this, almost word for word. He exists as purely hate and anger, his physical form come back after being seemingly killed, and he's reliant on hate and anger to return. This is all Abstract existence type 1 and immortality type 8.

"Type 1: Exists purely as an abstraction. These characters lack a true physical form, and affecting them requires the ability to affect directly the abstraction itself, because eventual physical manifestations are merely avatars." That video says this, almost word for word. He exists as purely hate and anger, his physical form come back after being seemingly killed, and he's reliant on hate and anger to return. This is all Abstract existence type 1 and immortality type 8.
USM Lloyd have NPI that negates this

Also it was said that hatred, anger and e.t.c. helps him to take physical form as they grow up over time but it wasn't said that this thing affects his spirit

Also it was said that hatred, anger and e.t.c. helps him to take physical form as they grow up over time but it wasn't said that this thing affects his spirit
yeah, he exists as hate and anger, as those strengthen him as well. those things allow him to come back to life as well

Back