• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.X

He'd probably have lost anyway :p.

Now I gotta wonder for sure on what scale the old Demon Gods the thirteen heroes killed were on... maybe PDL simply limited his power immensely while with them.

for real though, we prob won't ever get a big mind resist feat

when all your important characters resist it, there's not a big chance it'll be brought into the story

that would def be something Ainz and others with mind immunty and WCIs scale 2 layers above any mind hax that's not from a WCI or bypasses immunities in the series i've realized

WCI resistance > Immunity > Resistance

Immunities in general are just higher resistances for our purposes, since they have a ceiling. But the WCI can outright be called immune as well I think, you literally just ignore other WCI without a care.

GAME BALANCE

but they would grant another layer of resistance right?

like say if Ainz fought someone in a vs thread who had death manip that has been shown to work on someone who resists it, would Ainz still resist because Immunity > Resistance in Overlord?

They would, yeah. Resisting stuff that is above other resistances is always applicable as proof of better resistances for obvious reasons.

And not necessarily. With stuff that can't use number of affected, the usual alternative is resistance chains (kinda like scaling chains). Resisting is just baseline stuff, and resisting something that is above said resistance is above baseline, and so on if it continues.

This is also the case if, for example (this is common in games), something provides resistance, some whatever stat, but as that stat grows the resistance also grows with it. Like in Exalted for example. essence goes from 1 to 10 and it is supposed to represent the strength of the soul and mystical power of a character. Already at 2 you can roll to resist death stuff, and the higher it goes the more dice you can roll, which shows the fact that you can resist much more effectively. So 2 would be baseline, and every level above would be above it.

Sorry if it's kinda odd, I am trashy at explaining these things sometimes.

Resist is literally a stat in Overlord too, so that's fun. No idea what it specifically does though

also i'm fairly certain Overlord also operates on "stronger people have stronger souls" thing as well

Yeeeh.

The thing is that it needs to be effective. A chance to resist, as happens in some games, and full on resistance aren't the same.

That's why RPG suck, unless you are Megami Tensei.

i wish the stat sheets made more sense, since there is no way it's meant to be taken at face value

i refuse to believe CZ can hit as hard as Demi

I don't.

The main and real issue here, and this is mostly something I have been thinking recently and I could be likely wrong, is that stats distribution is one thing.

But damage and defense after taking into account gear quality, the extra passives from classes and race levels, and the big difference in damage that levels make, is another.

Like, by the author's word. a mere 5 levels were enough for Cure's chances of winning to suffer due to the effect on his damage output. The same Cure that tanked more damage than arguably Shalltear before dropping. Those obviously have very big effect.

she can actually hit harder according to the wiki

and why wouldn't she ? Demi is a hybrid build who's speciality is summoning and support and who can do some melee and magic

and shizu was fighting against one of Jaldabaoths demon genrals with a tiny little knife

if you wanna make the CRT to try and convince everyone CZ and the Pleiades should be 7-B then, you are more then welcome to do so

I think he means it because of the fact that he can match Perfect Warrior Ainz to some level even if they were playing around for theatrics, which is hard to see CZ doing.

I had thought he had used it for the special occasion f the totally legit boss battle against Demi to make the theatrics better.

Also, people need to remember, one of his skills is literally shifting his body into shit. We shouldn't assume a punch of his is the same as turning his arm into a demon whip thing and unloading his slaver fantasies on you.

yeah his claws were described by evileye as incredibly sharp

iirc she said "able to cut through the world itself" as an exageration

and his giant demon arm is probably a lot stronger than his basic form

btw his magical attack stat is also comparable to Narberal

which again, is why i don't take the stat sheets literally

if we did, then all the Pleiades would be 7-B

I never read Overlord in english and I wonder why you use wrong terminology like: "Wild Magic" instead of Primal?

In original it's: ÒÇîÕºïÕăÒü«Ú¡öµ│òÒÇì, ÕºïÕă - start; origin; beginnings. Why wouldn't use same term as Author propouse in Dragon Lord classes - Primitive Caster, Primal or Primitive Magic?

Apeironaxim said:
Afaik it's always been translated as Wild Magic
As far is I know it's how this magic named in Web Novel but author change it's name in LN. Also Nigel an so fantranslators use Chinese not Japanese so I wouldn't trust them.

i'm just saying what i've always seen. My copy has wild magic, so if they changed it in later copies, then i won't know

they've done it before, so i wouldn't be surprised if they did it again

why does Sebas only have Superhuman stamina if he has Self Sustenance Type 3

now that i'm looking, it seems like a good amount of the Overlord characters with Self Sustenance type 3 don't have Tireless stamina for some reason

if no one opposes it, i can quick change anyone with self sustenance type 3 to Tireless/Infinite stamina

i'm just going by the description

The ability to continue acting forever without rest or need for sleep. These users of this ability require no rest and do not run out of energy, or even feel tired. This ability denotes practically infinite stamina and may support a resistance to certain types of Sleep Manipulation.

seems enough for "Tireless" stamina

Yeah seems fine to me I suppose, running out of mana is it's own thing and only relevant to characters that use mana... So physically tireless should be fine.

Le gasp! :p I took a break originally from this and other debate sites but it became a break from the internet in general now I'm back and revitalized. I had it on my message wall, which you obviosly didn't check...I thought we had something lance!!!!

I can imagine, internet and computers is the most normal thing to do for the last few days :O

Saw the little snippet of information on the PDL armor by Lucifer?

Back