• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.X

Resistance to paralysis might be a part of Resistance to Physical Impediment, but it wouldn't be just that, as shown with things like it making it so you can't be trapped/buried under snow, or slip on ice

actually, from the scene with Yuri resisting being immobilized by Sand Field All, would we give Entoma resistance to Paralysis since she also has resistance to Physical Impediment?

or would that be a specific showing for Yuri?

I thought the same thing.

I have never heard of the thing that gives her death manip on all her strikes only that they have some kind of curse effect

it's also not on the overlord wiki

the only time i remember Cursed Knight being related to instant death was Volume 2, where they are said to have instant death curses

well and that kaire (the one with Downfall of castle and country idk how to spell her name) couldn't be healed and died after being hit by shalltears attack

not really relating to instant death but rather to curses

depends on how the Low Godly works i guess, since things like True Death specify Resurrection magic

i'm really starting to doubt the existence of this death manip

i have the faint impression i actually saw the quote at some point that said it, but idk if i'm remembering wrong

so now the question is, is it actually accurate to apply that to Shalltear's lance?

not like we can have any showings of it to compare, since Ainz resists insta death and the fodder she killed in one of the later volumes just got oneshot anyway

also that Shalltear's hits can't or are very slow to be healed by low tier healing magic, so what would be consider low tier?

Tiers 1-4?

well since Zaryusu's brother has a healing spell that can regrow arms, then that's prob a good place to put her regen negation

speaking of, her Curse manip talking about not allowing wounds to regen should prob have regen negation linked in it, so i can do that eventually. Maybe

Depends. Regen is in general only yourself, healing can be yourself or others.

Depends on the mechanics.

Did Ainz's negative energy make Go Gin unable to regen?

"Wh-what is this? Poison… no, what is this?"

"I did not break the rules. This is a proper contest. That said, this is far beyond the word 'poison'. My touch can infuse negative energy into an opponent's body. However, a Troll's Regenerationn should be able to heal that."

Ainz made the same gesture he used when touching the Martial Lord, opening and closing his fingers.

"However, I have another ability in addition to that. I can inflict physical ability damage by touch. Thus, your strength and dexterity have been reduced. I don't think you can heal that, can you?"

From what Ainz knew, Trollish Regenerationn could only heal damage, but not the weakening of the body.

Ainz specifying Troll regen kinda implies other regens work differently, which could be interesting if it ever comes up

He could be referring to him in specific because he's battling him. But yeah, is kinda vague.

Am for the camp that it can be regened but it is more or less in the air.

But yes, negating healing and regen is best put separate unless there's feats for both.

so since he loses magic, but his racial abilities are still there, doesn't that mean they don't count as magic?

so wouldn't, say, his Despair Aura V work on someone with specifically magic based death manip resistance?

To be completely frank, am not entirely sure.

For Overlord, death hax is death hax no matter the source. But if the character has death resistance by extension of having magic resistance, it shouldn't interfere with his racial skills

If it was due to resisting supernatural things, though, it should still resist. This is talking about hypothetic things covering a wide umbrella of effects.

I think there was even a super vague tweet made by Maruyama that just said something like "Despair Aura V? That's not magic, it's instant death!"

dont you love how vague he can be

My translation of all CharSheets of Vol.14

RennerImp
Renner Theiere Chardelon Ryle Vaiself

Golden Princess

Position: ●● (future)

Racial Levels:

Imp - 1 lvl

Class Levels:

Actress (Regular) - Level 4

Genius - Level 5

Birthday - 7 day of upper fire month

Hobbies: Doing ●●● with Climb.

Personal character: The happiest woman in the world has trampled the happiness of many inhabitants of the Kingdom and achieved her dream in the best possible way. Does not feel guilty for the people of the Kingdom, but generally treats them with gratitude. Well, with the very one you experience with the components. Genius is an exceptional class that can replace any base or general class. But at a time you can replace only one class (now) and usually it is replaced by the "Princess". This is an exceptional class possessed by units.

ZanakArmor
ZanaÐü Valleon Igana Ryle Vaiself

Member of the Vaiself Royal Family, The Last King

Position: Crown Prince of the Vaiself Royal Family

Class Levels:

King (Normal) - 1 lvl

Prince (Normal) - 4 lvl

Charisma (Normal) - 2 lvl

Fighter - 1 lvl

Birthday: 14th day of the lower month of water

Hobbies: Eating, sleeping, lounging

Description:

His position was not very good, because he was inferior in position to his older brother, who was to become king. He did not have both support among the nobles and friends in the royal palace. Nevertheless, he never gave up and was a talented man who did his best and stubbornly thought about the future of the royal family. If Zanak, Renner, the Marquis Raven, and Gazef had cooperated earlier, they could once again make the kingdom strong and create a defense mechanism against the invasions of the Empire. It seems impossible, but it would have happened if Barbro had died without becoming king and Nazarik had not appeared.

ðƒðøðö
Tsaindorcus Vaision

Nickname: Platinum Dragon Lord

Position: He has a lot of them, it is impossible to establish certantly

Location: He has a lot of them, it's impossible to establish certantly

Class Levels:

Primitive Caster -? lv

World Connector -? lv

Overed Dragon -? lv

Soul Adorer -? lv

Birthday: Setting Star Night

Hobbies: Watching over the world

Description:

Dragon Lord of the strongest class. In the past, killed a player. Although he has a soft and benevolent character, looking at the situation as a whole, he is ready to shed blood without hesitation. Although he collaborates with a group of existing Dragon Lords when their goals are generally the same, their ultimate goals are different and therefore their relationship is very strained. By experimenting, he created many organizations in all places and strongholds. The Council State is one of his experiments. Most of the power is concentrated in the east and it's being ruled by reliable Dragon Lord. So if there is a decisive battle for the eastern lands, then it will be battle with Tsa.

IYhIj5UgP0U
Azuth Aindra

Adventurer Actor

Position: Scarlet Drop Leader

Place of residence: Capital of Agrand Council State, upscale hotel "Dragons Breath".

Class Levels:

Fighter -? lv

Sniper -? lv

Athletic Master -? lv

Birthday: 15th day of the lower water month

Hobbies: Drinking tasty alcohol (Not too strong)

Description: His real name is much longer (because there is a knight's title and so on), but this time I will introduce him with his beloved name. His own fighting abilities are probably the lowest, not only in his own team, but also among all adamantite adventurers. In addition to this, his set of classes is designed to control a power suit, and since he is not very reliable, although he relies on a power suit. But it's just impossible to call him weak, because using his talent, he was able to reach the power of the Orichalcum rank.

That dress reaaaaaally does wonders for her Reiner's ass, not gonna lie.

This is very interesting... Especially the bit about most of PDL's power base being on the east, his specific "World Connector" class, and Reiner's special class "Genius".

That's a very interesting ability...

World Connector

Cure Elim has same class + he also has classes "Primal Caster", and "Overed Dragon". But difference between them is Cure has "Soul Blasphemer" class, but PDL is "Soul Adorer" which makes them same and yet completely different in nature.

Considering how he's supposed to be using souls in a super weird way and rather unnatural due to becoming a necromantic dragon for both tier magic and wild magic.

i like how despite a big part of Ainz's thing is the fact he's a necromancer, him summoning undead never comes up in vs threads

i can't wait for this volume to end on a cliffhanger with Ainz about to use his WCI

i'm just expecting Maruyama to troll people any way he ca

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Not like any except the high tier ones can really help much except for maybe Death Knight.
well that's because mid tier undead are technically able to harm high level players and be atleast an annoyance to them but because that's game mechanics they don't have a good tier here that would justify the necromancy/summoning of anything under level 80 as an argument in a vs thread

Back