• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.X

Death Knight attracts the attention of people on itself and can survive any 1 attack, which would actually be helpful in giving Ainz time to maybe buff or something, but yeah, likely not going to come up

also yeah, the fact that chip damage basically exists in Overlord will prob make tiering more difficult

Them being able to hurt higher players is just game mechanics, like Gazef being able to deal damage to Ainz without his damage negation getting on the way, but dealing such mediocre damage Ainz could go to sleep feeling safe and unthreatened.

That's why I said Death Knights are the only ones I can see being useful in anyway besides the high level ones. Which still ***** us over because we have no idea about the skills of the high level ones.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Them being able to hurt higher players is just game mechanics, like Gazef being able to deal damage to Ainz without his damage negation getting on the way, but dealing such mediocre damage Ainz could go to sleep feeling safe and unthreatened.
That's why I said Death Knights are the only ones I can see being useful in anyway besides the high level ones. Which still ***** us over because we have no idea about the skills of the high level ones.
but Ainz can't sleep ovo

we know Eternal Death has an aura that combines Despair Aura V and I iirc, and it also reduces stats with it, but yeah, can't recall anything more about high tier ones

Gazef doesn't know that. Sasuga Ainz-Sama.

Murayama should become a **** actor or something, he seems to have mastered teasing shit and building desire and anticipation to the nth level.

also his little "If you don't know then I don't need to explain it" thing or however he worded it

kinda a dick move, ngl

I feel someone hurt him when he was doing the WN and the wound has stuck.

Kinda like how I hurt when I remember I am the only one that kinda sorta knows much about Exalted here,

found it

The battle scene in this book might have ended up becoming confusing. Originally, perhaps there might have been a need to go "this is why he did so and so" but I deliberately omitted it. This work really does place a big burden on its readers. Perhaps I might have failed as a LN author, but like I've said many times, I personally think "it doesn't matter if you don't understand." Incidentally, while my editor keeps telling me "please make it easier to understand", I haven't heard him say that recently.

seriously Maruyama, what the ****

Am telling you, someone hurt him.

Granted, I do admit I prefer this to Re:Monster levels of THIS DOES THAT AND I JUST GET STRONGER AND STRONGER MONOTONOUSLY.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
didn't you suggest we should treat it like

if it's little to no damage, no scaling

if it's a good/more noticeable amount of damage, scale

if it's a lot of damage, like most of their health, then no scaling for the character hit because that'd be more of an endurance feat then anything else

or am i crazy and making this up

It was me yea, but unless I am forgetting something, none of the middle level summons can do much, if anything, to people on Ainz level as far as damage is concerned.

Hence why I said I wouldn't scale anything but the high tier undead to the level where they can hurt someone that can endure Ainz's normal magic.

i'm also just making sure cause some people have tried to say either Entoma shouldn't scale to the rest of the Pleiades or Gagaran and those on her level should scale with her because she barely caused pain to her

so i wholeheartedly agree to that logic of scaling you proposed

interesting thing now that i think about it, is the fact that WoG scaling chain with New World people like Gazef and Clementine isn't entirely accurate anymore, as Hamsuke has gotten stronger. Heck even Maruyama himself says Hamsuke "has slowly gotten stronger"

prob not strong enough to take them on in their full gear, but undoubtably stronger

btw with mid tier summon I didn't mean death knights who are offensively pretty low tier but for example the level 50 demons

should be able to do a bit more than just miniscule damage imo enough that they should be almost scaling to the high tier that they were able to damage but way below them (maybe even a few tiers)

because Ainz or demiurge can summon hordes and hordes of demons or undead then their damage should rack up to not be negligible by this wikis standards

or atleast they could wear down the opponent and be a hindrance

(with mid tier I meant around level 50 +- 10)

in Overlord, just a 5 level difference is basically a near guaranteed win for the other side, or at least the one who is 5 levels ahead has a significant advantage, though it is likely due to more factors then just possibly hitting harder, so we are def not scaling level 50s to the top tiers

at the same time, the undead Ainz summons and the demons Demi summon are stronger then the normal versions because of the bonuses they give them, but i doubt it's enough to truly scale them

yeah it just seems stupid that an army of demons or undead which is the specialty of demi and Ainz however weak they might be are such a no factor

and isn't it possible to scale a character a tier lower than another ?

Well yeah. It was made at a certain point and now that point is past us.

Maybe Reiner will get farther in that list as well after this, even if she was never on it.

RulerOfTheAbyss said:
yeah it just seems stupid that an army of demons or undead which is the specialty of demi and Ainz however weak they might be are such a no factor
and isn't it possible to scale a character a tier lower than another ?
unless the character being scaled to is basically at baseline, i don't think so

hell, that was what happened to Wrath when Overlord was 6-C. They were essentially baseline, but Wrath was noticeably weaker, so he got downscaled to High 7-A

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Well yeah. It was made at a certain point and now that point is past us.
Maybe Reiner will get farther in that list as well after this, even if she was never on it. </div>
i misread that as Renner and was very confused for a quick second. Unless it's supposed to be Renner but you mispelled

Well I read PA vs PLD armor battle, also read Coal Black Scripture meeting with Blue Rose and Scarlet Drop.

Coal Black scripture members at least Clementine brother and Thousand Leagues Astrologer should be around level 40, they said to be stronger than whole Blue Rose combined each (without Evileye). Strongest man ( 10th seat, who looks like Barbarian) is said to be almost reach Evileye level, so I assume he is around 45+ level.

PLD armor is about level 90 tank build. He has absurb amount of HP and could use Primal Magic. He use four type of weapons - Greatsword, Katana, Lance and Hammer. His Primal Magic barrier is stronger than Cure Elim as is World Distortion Barrier of Cure could be leaved by teleport to edge and just walk through it, PLD barrier "Absolute World Barrier" couldn't be leaved or walk inside without world item. He has many resistance including timestop resistance and only real effective weapon agains him is acid magic. Though PA won't fight seriously and just ordered to collect information.

Also Primal Magic use his user HP, or I assume power of your own soul. So thats why Cure Elim couldn't use Soulruin Breath on his own without killing himself. But he could use normal spells as Dragon soul and they're HP are very large and also could be regenerate through time. But stronger spell took more HP.

Yeah, like I thought. PDL is on a whole other level of ridiculous.

People honestly thought the Armor may be something like level 70 or 80 one time I saw someone talk about it. My gut feeling was sorta right.

tbf, i think Maruyama said PDL's armor's level was higher then the Captain of the Black Scripture, who iirc one of the few statements of his strength was being stronger then Solution

i def don't blame people for thinking around 70-80, since "being stronger then Solution" gives a very wide range

Well yeah in that level ranking PLD armor is placed between Cure Elim (95 lvl) and Captain of Coal Black Sripture (60+ lvl). So his power is placed in really wide range.

so we know WCIs negate Wild Magic for the most part, but does it work it reverse as well?

does having sufficient Wild Magic provide the same protection?

i'm guessing we'll just have PDL's armor as a separate key?

if so, wouldn't the real PDL be able to just...fly over and fight after his armor is destroyed?

Is honestly hard to say, but unless PDL shows he can appear where the armor is or decides to go when it is destroyed, doing it an individual page and then linking it to PDL's page if we can ever make it sounds ideal.

also considering Maruyama's lack of care for explaining things in the Cure fight, i'm anticipating the same for any big fights with PDL

that's optimism i don't have. Maruyama has beaten it all out of me in regards to properly explaining stuff. Especially since he mentioned he was getting burnt out

I know exactly why you say it, but I mean it more because of the fact that PDL is kind of a massive hype point for the series.

Not everything was touched, but a ton of stuff was explained when he had to deal with Cure. Even Evileye's talent was revealed.

also i realized that since WCIs negate Wild Magic, wouldn't that mean anyone with a WCI would resist soul absorb on a scale of at least 5 mil? Since that soul absorb spell Cure used was Wild Magic?

Yes.

And wasn't it like 500k people instead of 5mil? I remember his maximum amount of corpses was 1,200,000 and usually had around 400k on him as his standard armor.

Keno shook her head.
Among the many races― the Rainbow-Eyes making up 90% of this comparison ― a nation of 5 million people was not too big. However, it was only because the surrounding countries were roughly the same size that a balance could be achieved.

Cure absorbed the souls of everyone in the country along with the surrounding ones, so it's prob at least 6 mil total

also Ainz deduced the amount of undead Cure could control that he makes likely has a limit, just as there is a limit to how many undead you can control with Undead Domination, so that's prob why there's only 1.2 mil on him

Huh, I actually thought there were only 500k. But yeah, they should resist if Wyld Magic truly covers Wyld magic.

True. Now, imagine if Cure didn't use them like armor but instead more like Nero Chaos's demons...

Back