• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.VIII

do i need to note it's not combat applicable, or should its explanation being it's a sort of ritual make that clear enough?

it really is a stupid rule. considering ainz has in verse immunity.

btw if we ever get a good speed and AP feat will Albedo stomp Gilgamesh because she can turn all his projectiled back at him ? lol

i know the Gil thing is a joke but it still hurts to read

Ainz having "immunity" has nothing to do with the rule being iffy

Eh mind hax are more solid to me then soul hax, atleast with mind hax your dominating a certain number of minds, I can see the logic even if i don't agree with it. With soul hax I don't get why effecting more souls equals more power

Ea is far above, not only in mechanics/hax but AP as well, to anything Albedo has dealt with

Not fully understanding it is normal. I can only see it's flaws. What the cast need right now are offensive haxes, speed doesn't really matter unless it's abilities that are faster than both characters in a vs match.

Muchacho mrm said:
Not fully understanding it is normal. I can only see it's flaws. What the cast need right now are offensive haxes, speed doesn't really matter unless it's abilities that are faster than both characters in a vs match.
are you saying Ainz needs more hax

speaking of Albedo, i feel like her using her WCI is the best chance we're gonna get at an AP feat

aside from maybe a dragon razing a city or country or something

unless Ainz just ******* busts out one of his 700+ spells and nukes a city

yeah true. Albedo ***** up the whole battlefield in a war or some cities in the next Volume and we can just scale that to everyones durability or Shalltear's Lance's AP because the item is said to be inferior to combat oriented divine class items.

the next best thing would be Mare using a really destructive wide AOE spell

But I thought Maruyama said Ainz isn't gonna be fighting in the coming war.

just watch it be a bloody melle massacre like the Quagoa tho.

that wouldn't be very World Item of maruyama

RulerOfTheAbyss said:
yeah true. Albedo ***** up the whole battlefield in a war or some cities in the next Volume and we can just scale that to everyones durability or Shalltear's Lance's AP because the item is said to be inferior to combat oriented divine class items.
the next best thing would be Mare using a really destructive wide AOE spell
that's the good thing. Assuming no powerful WCIs are in use, we have at least 9 characters who can do a feat and all the other top tiers will scale, so there's a lot of room

Muchacho mrm said:
Yes, I am. How can one be a god of death without the concept of death
you're reminding me of the time when people were arguing over whether TGOALID induced the concept of death

The rule is because, simply enough, there's literally no other single other possible way to accurately assess how powerful stuff like controlling minds and affecting souls.

And with nothing to say otherwise, it is only "simple logic" that affecting more minds or controlling more souls at once should equate to a higher potency. A higher number is much more straight forward and is way more common than other alternatives.

Well I wouldn't say 9 characters. the ones who really come into consideration for destructive power are albedo with her world item and Mare with nature magic.

On the other hand Aura could as a bow user who supports from long range give speed feats or you know we just have albedo or shalltear cross a battlefield in a second or smth like that

Sadly murayama wants to make us suffer so that won't happen

Then in the final chapter Ainz just casually yeets out of the planet for universal conquest and reaches a star in minutes

watch him bamboozle us with Nuclear Blast

Ainz mentions he will max out the range

......and it ******* covers the entire country

I think that controlling more = more supernatural energy from your reserves. Focusing that on a single person means the supernatural energy that the amount of people you can affect, would be focused on a single person if you use the same technique/ability on that single opponent.

The problem is that across verses someone that scales above that person on this site and has mindhax but can only mindhax a single person, that person has a lower potency mindhax despite putting in more energy.Something like a 7B vs a 5B, the 7B can resist a mindhax powered by the supernatural energy of that 5B because of his 'more people'.

I feel that arguing about this is pointless though, I just have a feeling it will go down.

For stronk ap, I think the best bet is seeing PDL's nuke in canon, or another atomization statement, but over a larger area

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
The rule is because, simply enough, there's literally no other single other possible way to accurately assess how powerful stuff like controlling minds and affecting souls.
And with nothing to say otherwise, it is only "simple logic" that affecting more minds or controlling more souls at once should equate to a higher potency. A higher number is much more straight forward and is way more common than other alternatives.
Minds I get, souls less so, minds even without special resistances still have the ability to function and often push back against things interacting with them, thus you must overcome this defense and will when interacting with many minds. I don't really agree with the logic but I understand it (To a certain extent)

Its souls i don't get. Across fiction souls vary so wildly that I cant agree with equalizing number effected to potency. Unlike mind manip souls are rarely if ever treated the same across different verses, in some verses souls aren't even self aware. To me it seems more logical that we treat soul hax like any other hax, where affecting a large area/group would equate to range rather then potency.

AP is meaningless....

Again, it is because in general terms, bigger numbers are just a general indication for more power. Plus, again, is much easier as a measure of more power in an ability instead of different, way less likely to appear alternatives. You yourself explain it very well, shit varies too much, numbers is something that rarely ever doesn't stay consistent though.

As for other hax, how big of a thing you can affect is very rarely used as any indication of power (in my personal experience).

I agree with the soul part but I think it's a good thing the page hasn't changed yet, although it's sort of accepted already though.

To understand my previous point:
Character A = Supernatural energy capacity/reserve = 1
Character B = Supernatural energy capacity/reserve = 10

Both have mindhax but character A has 1 million potency while B has 1. Let's say character A uses 0.5 each time he uses his mindhax and character B uses 5. By logic character B should mindhax character A because the total amount of supernatural energy hitting character A.

Also I didn't mean AP joules, was just showing the gap. But I think this also makes sense too, a tier 7B vs a 5B, the 7B is character A, judging by the amount of people they can affect, the 5B is far weaker in mindhaxing.

Regardless of what you want to call hax, they are still using their supernatural energy and using the above logic, character A isn't restricted by the author's writing, it is just that the percentage/value he/she always uses from their supernatural energy to mindhax is always lower than the 7B. Maybe I'm wrong but I didn't participate in that CRT to think otherwise so I won't speak about this matter till a new CRT is made.

Btw, guys, are the "worlds" of Yggdrasil just planets, or universes? Cuz, like, couldn't Ouroboros and Five Elements change the whole game? If they're different universes, those WCIs might have multiversal reality warping

Back