• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.VIII

Anyone else think Ainz has enough resistances to warrant a separate tabber for them?

Just to separate them from his wall of hax

idk how to do tabber stuff and I'm not at my PC, so if someone else could please do it that'd be great

Afaik it was just he was good at combat that he could dodge a lot and taunted people with "Touch me if you can!". I don't remember a cheat aspect of it

Dude is smoking some highly potent BS. IIRC Touch-Me was 2nd strongest in WN for the tournament but the 3rd defeated him.

Shouldn't we give hamsuke some extra notes in her profile for the magic item that offers mind resistance and her armor? (I know the armors featless but it should still boost her dura all be it to an unknown extent.)

In addition, magical beasts were not particularly resistant to mind control. Hence, Ainz lent an item to Hamsuke which made her impervious to mind control, but he was still uneasy that someone might try to manipulate her through means other than magic. --volume 10

Also we really need to add (undeserved title) next to her wise king of the forest title.

so in addition to the resistance and small dura upgrade, her armor and this item should be added to her Standard Equipment

I think so, she can use armor now and has a suit of it considering her training regime it would be odd for her to fight without it. The mental effect item is a gift from ainz specifically to protect her from mind alterations I cant imagine she takes it off in combat. So I think they're both safe to list as standard as they're now part of her standard combat gear. Would like to hear others thoughts on the matter.

Now on to the far more important matter of adding the note that her wise king of the forest title is undeserved :p

However, the real problem was how well the original body was capable of fighting. Entoma summoned her killer weapon— steel projectile insects. At the same time, she attached a talisman to herself and began to strengthen her ability.

Entoma is missing a talisman on her profile that buffs her

Shouldn't entoma have flight with that insect she used to carry her off at the end of the evileye flight?

Out of nowhere and insect appeared which attached itself to the insect maid's back. Leaving behind a few "Yeeh Yeeh" Sounds she flew into the night --volume 6

seems good, though we don't know the name of it, so just Flight (with insect summons) should be fine

it only showed up to carry her away when she was extremely injured, there isn't anything showing she would use it for combat

Also fair, but...I don't know she didn't need flight in that fight and I don't really see why she wouldn't use it in combat against another opponent holding air superiority. Though thats just my thoughts, if others feel its not combat applicable I have no problem with it.

2 out of the 3 people she was facing couldn't fly, so if she got Evileye alone and took her out, she would have slaughtered the other 2.

using flight would have helped her immensely in that fight, but she never did it

Huh also true.... And Im not sure entomas mind set would allow her to lure evileye away, she was bloodlusted and the denzins of nazerick really don't do retreat or surrender...The whole grind yourself to dust thing, Letting evileye's companions escape seems like something entoma wouldn't abide...

nothing better to motivate you to find feats you may have missed then an upcoming match

also damn, we're already at 430 messages

So I asked Ugarik about what lifting strength would CZ breaking chains around her be, and he said this:

Using this as a source peak load was at about 22000 lbf (98 kN) which is rougthly baseline class 25

So Pleiades and maybe Evileye might get a proper lifting strength finally

Yeah a fresh thread might be better. Entoma probably has some talisman for flight or countermeasures against it, as it's a major disadvantage in any fight. For example Fluder vs Death Knight, all he has to do is fly up and carpet bomb. We'll just have to wait and see in next volume I guess.

Also 98 kilonewtons = 9,993.22

While class 25 is 10^4 = 10,000

Almost there

so what would that be on the profiles?

just straight Class 25 cause it's close enough?

or something like "At least Class 10"?

I mean, in Fluder's case, is more that the Death Knight doesn't really have the ability for too much strategic thinking (that I remember) and having no ranged options at all.

Of course, the mobility of flight is still a big deal nonetheless.

now, how would it be put?

it's super close to Class 25, but not quite there, so would it be "At least Class 10" and then put the value in?

Just class 10 and put the value in, then at least for everyone else above her without their own higher feat to scale to.

Though... wait, was the thingy done with any effort or was it done easy? If there wasn't much effort, At least Class 10 with a likely class 25 should be good. Just gotta mention the value is a stone throw away from Class 25 and it was done with barely much effort (if it was).

Back