• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.VIII

very nice image.

I like to think that it depics a scene where shizu is playing a drinking game against the other pleiades and only her and Lupu (who is cheating by constantly using cure poison) are left while the others are already passed out drunk

do magic weapons and such being able to harm incorporeal things give them anything we can add to the profiles?

or does Overlord not treat it as we do?

Although he had already explained this in Crusch's village, unless they were to use magic weapons, weapons forged from special metals, magic or special martial arts, it would be exceedingly difficult to harm this kind of incorporeal creature.

So should anyone with the bolded things be given NPI then?

Although i'm not sure anyone qualifies for "special martial arts"

People who would qualify;

All the Guardians (Maybe besides Gargantua)

Possibly all the Pleiades (Even the ones without magic should qualify with their weapons, but that can be debated)

Evil Lord Wrath, Iguva

Probably Gazef with Razor Edge, Evileye, Fluder, Possibly Lakyus with her weapon, Cure

Any thoughts?

Shalltear just claps to kill those same undead he was talking about

so at the absolute least, she should get it

i'm fine if you guys think anyone but the top tiers getting NPI from this is iffy, but I think the top tiers should absolutely get it at the very least

i personally think anyone with offensive magic should get it at least, but that's just me

Pretty much everyone you listed should get it. Ainz listed requirements for harming incorporeals and these guys have stuff that fit the requirements, shouldn't need much deliberation.

we've implemented other small changes before without a CRT, so i don't think i need to grab other stuff to make a CRT

I was more asking since it effected a lot of characters (potentially)

regardless, i think the top tiers should be guaranteed to get it at least

Although he had already explained this in Crusch's village, unless they were to use magic weapons, weapons forged from special metals, magic or special martial arts, it would be exceedingly difficult to harm this kind of incorporeal creature.

And anyone else with the bolded things should get it too. Although it can be debatable if weapons like the one Lupus has count, so if we just want to go for confirmed magical weapons and those with offensive magic, i would be fine with that too

Didn't know you could change something without it. I think you should wait for more input I guess.

Just make a CRT to be on the safe side. You have all you meed and its not like these guys have anti feats to be called into question.

honestly most of the small stuff we've added has been forgotten things that should have been there in the first place

If it's worth anything, he did say this earlier:

"That thing can confuse one's mind with its wails, and it's an incorporeal creature. Unenchanted weapons are useless against it, so I couldn't overwhelm it with numbers."

i'd say that's more evidence that it's just magic/enchanted weapons in general, and not any specific enchantment, so that'll be useful if there's doubts about that. Thanks

we don't need to put down each type of mind manip they resist right, just having the "Mind Manip" is enough?

or do we actually need to list every type they resist?

good that's too much work for my lazy ass

Mental effecting stuff in Overlord that i could remember off the top of my head

Memory Manip

Mind Control

Fear Manip

Confusion

Insanity

Empathetic Manip

too much to add, so i'm glad if we can just slap resist to mind manip and be done with it

question, would we be able to use the dimensions of Nazarick as given in the WN/Overlord First Half?

Out of everything he could change, i feel it would be weird for Maruyama to make a drastic change to the size of Nazarick, but i would totally get if we couldn't use it

oh wait

i found the dimensions for the surface of Nazarick in LN

would we be able to use that to scale how much dirt/earth Mare moved and how fast he moved it, using the anime?

doubt it will be a big result, but still, it's something

> square four kilometres

I'll dodge that one, given how Arche couldn't even see the stadium or the lake despite being a couple hundred meters in the air.

After leaving the mausoleum, Momonga was greeted by a beautiful sight. The surface area of the Great Tomb of Nazarick was 200 meters square, protected by six-meter thick walls, with an entrance and an exit at the front and back.

This is the surface of Nazarick

Mare dirt
Would we not be able to find out how wide these waves of dirt are, from knowing the surface area of the surface of Nazarick?

nah dude, i don't know how to do anything like this. If anything, i would just be compiling the evidence to help the person calcing

Well he did post around that time so I assumed they at-least saw it. I guess you can put in a request for that. seem like it could reach even 8-A, if they end up with around the same mass as that dude, not even 10k m/s would reach 7-B.

Back