• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.VIII

Looks good to me, and it will make further profile additions more organized.

Yeah the dragons...We can make them their own category later if we see more of them but atm we haven't really seen enough of them to give them their own category, at least not yet.

Generally, the probability to be killed or injured even if stabbed changes.
This comes from Maruyama's school of thought that leveling up (growth) is a kind of evolution.
Even if a blade is stabbed with equal power, the degree of the wound will be different, like in the example with the person and bear below.
It's that sort of idea.
This is also why high-level humans have high resistance levels to poison and illness.

Would this be enough evidence to give resistance to poison and disease to humans like Gazef and Brain?

Or is this too vague on what "high level" could mean?

that's what i'm wondering

although, this comes from an author thought thing talking about the New World, so that might suggest it means New World high level

They should, yes. High level humans as in players is something that has likely barely ever existed before the players appeared, which is not even the case in this last occassion with Ainz, and i doubt this is talking about how stuff works in Yggdrassil

almost forgot about Fluder

also damn, apparently Gazef can reliable kill 1000 low level soldiers. Imagine seeing him just carving through that many people like he did with the angels

Weak points should be the eyes, not sure why bear Gazef needs to protect anywhere else when he did say the degree of damage depends on the tool and person. Stamina is the issue, there are probably characters the same tier as Gazef who can cleave through entire armies.

InfiniteSped said:
Ya know, now that we have more info on it, we should prob make a page for the Staff
pretty sure Ainz's profile has all the info on the Staff, not sure a separate page is needed

also, why does Narberal have Proficient in Hand to Hand? She's a caster with only enough warrior levels to be allowed to wear armor. Pure casters, especially damage ones would just spam damage spells and play the range game. I don't think Narberal has shown enough to qualify for being Proficient in Hand to Hand

alright, i'll remove it then

also, should Ainz have "7-B with magic, higher with Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown"?

it boosts his stats quite a bit iirc

also i never realized how good the poison resist was for Nazarick people

there's this poison in the Treasure area, and apparently you would die "after 3 steps" without poison immunity. Which is interesting that he doesn't say just a good resistance, but that you're kinda ****** if you don't have immunity to it

it also sucks cause we're never gonna get good mind hax feats. Afterall, why have it in the story if the main characters are pretty much immune to it

Warrior Takemikazuchi was all smiles as he began the Combo.
"Here I go! [Acalanatha]! [Fudo Kensaku]!"
The form of The Immovable One, Fudo Myo-o, appeared behind Warrior Takemikazuchi, casting forth a lariat from his hand.
The first blow of the Bright King Combo, [Acalanatha], had two attack components. The first, the [Kurikara Sword], did more damage the lower its opponent's karma score was. Without the appropriate countermeasures, it would be fatal. The second was the [Fudo Kensaku], which reduced the evasive abilities of opponents with low karma values. This decrease was directly proportional to the amount of negative karma its target had.

Since Cocytus also has Acalanatha (Immovable Wisdom King Strike), should he not get everything described here?

so give Cocytus Damage Boost against evil enemies with IWKS, and then add in his Stat reduction that it also reduces their speed if they're evil

that sound good?

tbf we can just compare their actions to other low karma characters in Overlord

there's also the fact that I think Evil Character is a tag

"...Do you think we could swap party members with teleportation magic?"

"Well, I think it's worth a try, but do you think the devs would be that nice? Since we're on different floors, we might not be able to teleport at all. Otherwise why would they put those doors at the entrance?"

"...In the worst-case scenario, we might have been warped into another dimension through those teleport traps."
Apparently Teleportation traps can send one to other dimensions

so like a mini Nature and Society

speaking of World items, i really want them to be elaborated upon. When it's described as they grant you "the protection of a world", I feel like there's a lot of potential to be had on what that means.

Planet level dura feels really worthless to me, overlord is all about hax, Id rather see more of their hax and hax resistance rather then focusing on ap/dura. Especially when it comes to ainz, heck throw him to tier 10 c and most of his matches are fine to stay as all of them are based on him haxing.

Back