• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk. VII

also apparently his soul absorb scales to 5 mil people, going by the profile

was the exact number ever stated?

or just "at least" 5 mil, as a guess?

I think it was based on the size of evileyes country being 5 mill but I could be wrong like i said in the past I dislike the evileye side story and have only read it twice.

Among the many races―the Rainbow-Eyes making up 90% of this comparison ― a nation of 5 million people was not too big. However, it was only because the surrounding countries were roughly the same size that a balance could be achieved.

So, if we take size to mean somewhat similar population too, then that's more than 5 mil

Mind manipulation page says that the potency is the amount of people as well as type of ability. The soul page does not.

i swear i've seen people talking about the potency of soul manip through how many people it worked on

Seemed more like a huge AoE that works on people below a certain level. Doesn't seem like the kinda thing he could focus to work on an opponent with better resistances.

Nah there's been discussion for a long time on how to judge the potency of soul hax, even a couple threads on iirc I think we use number of people but many aren't sure thats actually a good measuring stick as unlike mindhax you aren't dominating anything, your simply effecting souls and its argued if potency should really be judged in such a way. From what little I know its a contentious subject.

Shouldn't Shizu have resistance to Status Effects like Blindness?

Perhaps it was because he had been hurt and realized that he would lose if hedid not defeat Shizu first, but the henchman demon focused all its attacks onShizu. In addition, it kept casting ÒÇîBlindnessÒÇì spells on her, trying to disableher like it had Neia, but she resisted all of them, so they had no effect.

In addition, this spell also generated all kinds of negative status effects such as poisoning, blindness, deafness, and so on, but anything of the Evil Lord's level would be able to resist it with their raw statistics alone and the Pleiades' equipment ought to have made them immune to all these effects.

This gives them some resistances

And just in case someone tries to make the argument that AP = Hax resistance or whatever in Overlord from this, that's not what Ainz means

As you acquire Job and Racial classes, you gain resistances and immunities, as well as weaknesses. What Ainz is saying is that the Evil Lord has enough levels to have acquired a resistance to these effects already, just like how every high level player should have death resistance or immunity through either gear or Job/Racial levels

It's okay to add, I think people forgot poison resistance due to level. There is a difference between Climb and Brain

Ainz ffs why won't you name all the status effects so we can have more resistances

So yeah, i think Resistance to poison, blindness, and deafness should be for all the Pleiades, and anything Evil Lord's level or higher

Does that sound good?

Would it be worded like this?

Resistance to Perception Manipulation (Blindness and Deafness)?

As well as a resistance to poison of course

>notices Ainz doesn't have it either

guess who's getting more resistances boys

Back