• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the problems with the doppelgangers is that they don't have the health of Pleiades, so it's a bit hard to judge them taking spells and apply it to the actual Pleiades, especially since they were also buffed significantly by Aureole. From PA's character sheet, we can see doppelgangers don't copy Health, Mana, or Special
But their magical defense stat would still be lower than that of the Pleiades. It's also no guarantee that they have higher HP than them. I also find the boost from Aureole to be unlikely a few times boost.
I still want to know what the actual suggestions for mid-tiers and high-tiers and who they scale to should be.
Well, I guess I could try calcing Demi destroying a city wall, though I don't have much to work with. And there should be some generic rating for blowing away buildings, right?

I'm reading through it quickly, so i might make a mistake. Doppel Lupus took a Nuclear Blast, and 3 Reality Slashes before Ainz declared her out. Lupus is one of the higher levelled Pleiades, so that should be a somewhat decent metric for the others for how much they can take

Meteor Fall destroyed a section of the wall as well as the big command building behind it iirc

Ainz was in the city square, so there was likely buildings all around him.

And there was also this quote:

Crimson spheres and glowing spheres blossomed in the sky.
Each of these spells could probably destroy an entire city district by
themselves, and they were hurling them at each other in wild flurries.
However, they looked kind of cute from a distance.
Even so, that was an exchange of power within a realm that mankind could
never reach.

I could see like, 8-B for top tiers then

Worst comes to worst, the higher tier Pleiades like Lupus and Narberal just get a straight up "Unknown" due to a lack of feats for people on their level

Pleiades and those who can fight them should be mid-tiers, no?

Pleiades and those who can fight them should be mid-tiers, no?
Thing is there's a big level gap within the Pleiades
Entoma is 51, as well as Yuri, but Yuri is much stronger due to being a damage focused build. CZ is lower at 46, but is also hard dps. Solution is 57, Lupus 59 and Narberal 63.

A 5 level difference is heavily implied to be pretty one sided in favor of the higher levelled character iirc. The difference between Entoma and Narberal for example is a difference of 12 levels, so the Pleiades definitely aren't all comparable to each other, which makes scaling for the Pleiades even weirder

Last edited:
If nobody evaluates it soon, you can tell me to notify a few calc group members here.

Thank you.

Can somebody link to it here please?

The Low-End value of that calc doesn't match Wall level+, it should just be regular Wall level instead.

The arithmetic mean value of 9-B for AP is roughly 0.0025 Tons of TNT, while 0.43 kg of TNT (which is roughly 0.0004 Tons of TNT) is a little more than 6x below the mean value, which means the 9-B+ value should not apply and should be just regular 9-B instead.

Just saying.

Last edited:
Right, are people fine with Apeironaxim's suggestion of 8-B? Because I wouldn't be able to come up with anything better as what little feats the high tiers have are kinda incalculable.

My Overlord knowledge is limited to the anime, that said this looks ok; 9-B for low tiers, 8-B for high tiers, idk about the mid tiers though.

We can go with "At least 9-B, at most 8-B" for the mid tiers.

Now I'd like to get back to the issues of speed and lifting strength.

The supersonic rating for the fodder hinges entirely on Zenberu supposedly creating a sonic boom when swinging his halberd. I already expressed my disagreement with that interpretation because it just says that it produced a loud sound without any implication of it being a sonic boom, such a thing would at best warrant a "possibly" rating.

And now that I'm looking at it, I have no idea why this calc that puts Albedo's speed at mach 3 uses a timeframe of 0.00833 secs for blitzing some regular soldiers when that is straight up subsonic perception. Well, doesn't really matter because the Death Warrior cutting bullets from a machine gun is likely going to put them at roughtly the same speed.

But I do have a problem with the way speed is being scaled. I don't know why Ainz would scale to level 100 NPCs when he has struggled with the likes of Clementine:
Volume 2 said:
Just as Ainz was admiring Clementine, she took that strange stance she had assumed from just now. In response, Ainz raised his right-hand greatsword to meet the attack. This time, however, he did not thrust forth his left-hand greatsword.
Clementine snorted at Ainz’s stance and sprinted. She was so fast that even Ainz and his incredible dynamic vision could barely follow her. If she had not rushed straight at him, he might have lost track of her movements.
At the very least, only Ainz's attack speed is supersonic+ with his spells, but he himself shouldn't be capable of moving at these speeds. I'd think that this would also likely be true of people that don't have physical stats superior to that Death Warrior, like, say, Mare who's also a magic caster like Ainz.

And lastly, I still haven't received an explanation of how lifting this dragon would earn Ainz and co. Class 50, when you'd need to be able to lift a fully grown whale to get in this class.

I think that the conclusions so far seem to make sense.

At the very least, only Ainz's attack speed is supersonic+ with his spells, but he himself shouldn't be capable of moving at these speeds. I'd think that this would also likely be true of people that don't have physical stats superior to that Death Warrior, like, say, Mare who's also a magic caster like Ainz.
Mare is listed to have Agility very close to Shalltear's on their character sheets, as well as Phy Attack iirc. Mare is supposed to be pretty balanced stat wise iirc

I thought we didn't take those seriously. Mare's agility is actually higher than Shalltear's, which doesn't make sense to me.

Another thing I forgot to mention: I'm against scaling the fodder's lifting strength to Ainz because of the fact that he was easily able to crush Clementine without her being able to do anything to free herself from his grip.

So should we apply what has been accepted here?

We can apply the AP changes, yes, but I'd rather get the speed and lifting strength sorted out so that we can update the profiles in one go.

I still haven't received a good reason for why what Zenberu did would be a supersonic feat besides "well, I don't know what else that sound could have been other than a sonic boom", which sounds like an argument from ignorance. And the reason I got for why lifting Olasird'arc would be class 50 is "some staff member said so".

Can you summarise the arguments for what still needs to be discussed here in an easy to understand manner?

Speed
As pointed out already, the supersonic+ calc for Albedo is wrong, so character should be rescaled from that lv 35 Death Warrior slicing machine gun bullets, which would still put the characters at supersonic+ (machine gun bullets are from 890 to 1219 m/s). However, not all characters should scale. Ainz for instance gets outsped by Clementine who is weaker than a Death Warrior. Still, Ainz's attack speed would scale to supersonic+ because his spells can hit lv 100 NPC, but his general combat/movement speed isn't that high. I would assume this would extend to other mage characters that aren't physically impressive, like Mare, where their spell may scale to supersonic+ if they can hit high level character, but their normal speed likely doesn't scale just like with Ainz.

I disagree with the the supersonic rating for the fodders though. It's entirely based on Zenberu supposedly creating a sonic boom when he swung his halberd, but it's never actually stated that he did, people just assume he did because "he didn't hit anything, so that sound the halberd produced couldn't be anything else but a sonic boom" (we argued over this earlier in the thread, with the differing translations and all, but it never went anywhere). I maintain that whatever the right translation is, whether it be bang or "roaring sound" or something else, just assuming that sound was a sonic boom because you can't think of what else it could be is pretty much an argument from ignorance. If you were to look at both the manga and anime adaptation of that moment, you'll find no sonic boom occuring.

Lifting Strength
The class 50 lifting strength that the characters have comes from Ainz lifting this dragon, which doesn't make sense since the dragon is only a few meters tall and class 50 starts at 25 tons, a weight only ever reached by whales or longneck dinosaurs (out real life animals of course). It should go down to whatever it was before, or they should be rescaled to CZ's Class 25 she gets for breaking chains.

Okay. Your arguments seem to make sense to me.

So should we apply what has been accepted here?

I mean, no one seems to be addressing my points about speed, at all, but I guess I can apply the tier changes if this keeps up.

If you tell me which staff members that have commented here earlier, I can send them notifications.

I can see both points for speed. The idea of "guy swings his sword, a large boom happens" is what most rapresents sonic booms are like (on fiction). But without proper proof, I agree that it wouldn't have enough to stay.

Last edited:
I... Suppose? Most of these revisions are calc-based which definitely are not my expertise, but assuming that the calcs are wrong and that is true, then I see no reason not to accept.

It seems like the suggestions have been accepted then.

If we're saying Ainz's regular reaction/combat speed shouldn't be supersonic+, then we need another value to replace it

Ainz easily swats some arrows out of the air when he fights Foresight, so that could give something

Imina’s angry cry pierced the air, as did the arrows she launched at Ainz.
Using a special technique, she had launched three arrows at once, but Ainz
deftly knocked them from the sky with a bony hand.

Pretty sure this scene is in the anime as well, so it might be more readily calcable

Ah, nope.

We should probably get the feat Apeironaxim brough up calced, it should scale to people that have the strength of lv 30 warriors or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back