• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Official TLs do not trump the original Japanese text, Oppai is correct here.

I agree with everything on the OP and yeah, these calcs are pretty inflated.

I also don't think the lake freeze should be a valid feat to scale Ainz's other spells to considering that Overlord has demonstrated that tier is not necessarily a notation of physical power and is more used in the verse to compare similar spells that have higher tier variants.
Official content being trumped by fan content is a concept I shall never understand, then. If you'll excuse me, I'll stay outta manga threads. Seems like chaos to me.

But the translatons are pretty much identical. The only differences are too small and insignificant to use localization as an argument so all you have to hide by is the method. Considering how close they were it couldn’t be any different, (all of your claims could be applied to the official translation.) the only major differences really is that one of officiallly sanctioned, the other is a fan work.

Official content being trumped by fan content is a concept I shall never understand, then.
It's not an issue of "fan and official" so much as "japanese and english".

Japanese, as a language, has their own number of intricacies that tends to depend a lot on context, and a lot of it is just cut off post-translation due to matters of translating it into something understandable in english. For one, the languages just have a number of things that don't cross over very well at all. For another, these small details that clarify stuff for us are of no importance to official translators.

Plus, fans tend to do stuff out of personal interest and are more likely to take note of accuracy or some added context. Official translators are mostly just doing their job and those details aren't nearly as important or present in their minds, as long as it isn't "wrong".

I disagree on the issue of the sonic bomb with Oppai but yes, if he is using the raw which people can look up since they are providing the actual kanji, what they are saying should be trustworthy.

It seems like these changes have been accepted then.

I also disagree with Oppai on the Zenberu thing not being a sonic boom, but everything else seems fine

Heck, I was planning on bringing up another issue entirely with the Iguva calc anyway

Is somebody experienced willing to apply what has been accepted here?

I do not believe am alternative to the current stats was given? I agree they are wrong, though it should be discussed where they should now go.

Well yeah, no actual number was given for the AP. We can just remake the lake calc with new measurements, but thinking back on something Dargoo said, this may not actually scale to their normal attacks. First of all, this is a Super tier spell when Ainz usually uses 8th to 10th tier. Second, it looks like pure environmental destruction, and now that the Fallen Down calc is no longer considered valid, nothing else in Overlord even comes close these numbers.

If somebody comes up with feats to be calculated, I can call a few calc group members to help us out here.

"Correct. Even the strongest Powered Suits could only have the offensive capabilities equivalent to level eighty characters. However, that hinges on my knowledge on the Powered Suits being perfect. Hypothetically, if there were rarer or Artifact grade Powered Suits, it would be a completely different situation."

[...]

Nevermind Divine grade gear, even Legendary grade equipment matching a player’s strengths could outperform the Powered Suit. That was why when Powered Suit was introduced to Yggdrasil, Ainz and his friends, who were already at max level, were not interested.

[...]

Ainz was journeying through his memories when he realised. If Red Drop had a Powered Suit from Yggdrasil - the black sword of the leader of the other Adamantite ranked team, Blue Roses, could be of a similar power level. According to the intel they had gathered from their aides in the capital, the weapon she wielded was said to be powerful enough to level an entire city. Though that aide found the intel to be preposterous, it did originate from a member of the team itself. Ainz always thought that she was either lying to her teammates, or just making things up. But given what he knew now - perhaps, that intel was true.

ok so, even though we know Lakyus's city destroying statement is just a chuuni thing, Ainz doesn't
so taking Ainz's statement of Power Suits being at max equal to lvl 80 players
he then contemplates that after realizing there are Power Suits in New World, Lakyus's statement of her sword being able to level a city could be legit

i'm not sure this statement would be enough to keep the pure 7-B rating, but I feel like this could at least warrant a "Likely" or "Possibly"

The first calc is outright wrong. It assumes that the clouds reach all the way to the horizon, when it is very clearly stated that blue skies can still be seen in the distance. It would also be better if it used the formula for clouds expanding omnidirectionally from a center point, because that is what happens.

I'd bet that the cloud dispersion in the second one likely doesn't stretch all the way to the horizon either, seeing as what's seemingly the same spell being used in volume 10 only cleared up the clouds above the royal capital.

I also don't see this being anything more than environmental desstruction.

I don't see how this is different from other verses and characters scaling to storm creation and clearing done by magic

Uh, there are people from the NW that can survive Demi's [Meteor Fall], which would definitely not be the case if it was more powerful than even the most powerful nukes ever created in the real world.

Idk if i'm misunderstanding something, but how does people being able to survive an attack make it so it can't be powerful?

Because the people that can survive that attack have nowhere near the durability to survive High 7-A to 6-C AP, meaning that if they survive it, the attack doesn't actually have such a damage output. It's an antifeat.

who exactly was in that level range and supposedly survived a Meteor Fall?
The falling meteor slashed through the sky and hit the wall, where it burst into an explosion. A thunderous roar echoed all around. The massive shockwave flattened everything it touched and shattered the wall.
As the sand and dirt thrown up by the shockwave of the explosion begin falling back to earth, the dust slowly began to settle. What it revealed was the remains of the broken wall, blasted to smithereens, and drifting smoke.
After looking at the devastated fortifications, there was no need to think about what had happened to the soldiers stationed there.
Humans could not possibly survive such conditions.
Of course, Demiurge knew that some humans could endure such things. For instance, there were the fools who had stepped into the Great Underground Tomb of Nazarick, the holy land created by the Supreme Beings. However, he had done thorough research beforehand, and he had verified that no such humans existed here.

And later one of the guys (don't remember his name) from the nine colors turned out alive and tried attacking Demi.
Let me rephrase them.

Or they can survive the attack because some of them (not-fodder) have 6-C dura
Which is irrelevant because the point is that fodder can survive it.

The falling meteor slashed through the sky and hit the wall, where it burst into an explosion. A thunderous roar echoed all around. The massive shockwave flattened everything it touched and shattered the wall.
As the sand and dirt thrown up by the shockwave of the explosion begin falling back to earth, the dust slowly began to settle. What it revealed was the remains of the broken wall, blasted to smithereens, and drifting smoke.
After looking at the devastated fortifications, there was no need to think about what had happened to the soldiers stationed there.
Humans could not possibly survive such conditions.
Of course, Demiurge knew that some humans could endure such things. For instance, there were the fools who had stepped into the Great Underground Tomb of Nazarick, the holy land created by the Supreme Beings. However, he had done thorough research beforehand, and he had verified that no such humans existed here.

And later one of the guys (don't remember his name) from the nine colors turned out alive and tried attacking Demi.

Which is irrelevant because the point is that fodder can survive it.
You realize he's referring to the Players in YGGDRASIL who raided Nazarick, right?

The guy from the 9 Colors wasn't on the section of the wall he destroyed

So any clue what we're doing here? I guess we need to recheck the two cloud calcs, but feat wise we really don't have much else to my knowledge to scale top tiers to. No fodder ever survived meteor fall, or any high level spell afaik (Heck no fodder new worlders ever even survived evil lord wraths passive flame aura when he actually used the thing) Demiurge is very clearly referring to the human players of yggdrassil that entered the tomb during the invasion. Heck he even confirms no humans of that nature exist in the holy kingdom.

Its a pretty consistent thing that new worlders are obliterated by nazarick denizens without being to put up much of a fight. Even in a three v one entoma very nearly won against some of the strongest new worlders outside the dragon lords. So scaling between new world and nazaricks always been/is going to be a mess.

Honestly Im not sure what other feats we have other then the clouds and fallen down (And fallen down's crater has always been in question) We can recheck the lake feat with pixel scaled ice I guess? If it comes down to it the cloud calcs would be usable as justification, several prominent verses out their currently use magic induced cloud calcs to justify they're ratings so it would fall in line with our usual system. Even if Id prefer an alternative.

Anyone have any other ideas for prominent feats we can check/calc?

Last edited:
To my understanding, it was brought into question if create should scale to other spells, since it is non-vcvat oriented and the spells don't have to have comparable power behind them.

If it can be, it can be recalculated and should still be a good feat. Though, that'd depend on people who are knowledgeable of the verse to decide.

since it is non-vcvat oriented and the spells don't have to have comparable power behind them.
from my understanding it's extremely common practice to scale non-combat spells to combat spells (even if I disagree heavily with this practice), although there may be special circumstances in Overlord that makes scaling unfeasible.

I don't think that scaling Overlord lv 100s to that 6-C calc or whatever is a good idea, mainly because it will create scaling inconsistencies.

For instance, if the lv 100s are 6-C, then what are the Pleiades? On one side, if you upscale them from the low levels like we currently do, you make it out that they would get one-shot by lv 100s, which isn't the case as they (rather Doppelgängers with 90% of their stats) were able to tank attacks from Ainz in volume 13. And if you downscale them from the lv 100s you make it out that they can one-shot the low levels by looking at them, which is also not the case as Blue Rose was able to put a decent fight against Entoma. WIth this in mind, I don't think it's valid to scale Overlord character off of things like weather control or Creation.

We already have had this issue for a long time with the lower to higher tiers in overlord. As is our best feat is the cloud feats, though we'd need to recheck the calcs of course. As Ive said it's rather common practice to scale cloud feats to combat spells so our standards line up with other verses who do the same.

Being fair the doppel pliedaes were also buffed and only tanked a rather subpar high aoe low damage spell, ainz main focus was wrath as he negated entoma's ensemble entirely.

Could just give the Low tiers, the Adamantites, a "Possibly" rating of 6-C or whatever the cloud stuff comes out at

It sounds weird to give them such a high rating through possibly, but that's how scaling works. Even if it seems weird, if it works, it works. There are plenty of characters here who have high ratings when one might think they would be that high upon surface viewing, but regardless, they have that rating because that's how the feats and scaling lined up

Also Reality Slash wouldn't be much of an argument as much as the other spells. It's literally dura neg, no scaling should happen from it

Also Reality Slash wouldn't be much of an argument as much as the other spells. It's literally dura neg, no scaling should happen from it
How is it not an argument? It may ignore your magic defence, but it still deals damage like a normal spell and if you don't have the HP to tank it you'll die.

If anything it'd be an endurance feat for having high enough HP

It's dura neg, why would we scale dura to a dura negging attack?

It's not dura neg, it just ignores magic resistance. It does not get through your dura. If you have high dura like Shalltear, you can take a barrage of them, if you're like that monster from the bonus volume, you'll die in one hit.

It cleaved through the very fabric of space, and fresh blood fountained from Shalltear’s chest.
A hit from this powerful attack spell could disregard virtually any form of magical defense, but the damage dealt converted back into health and flowed back into her body, as though time itself had reversed to render the attack completely ineffective.

Fairly certain we treat cutting through space to be dura neg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back