• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Our Umineko/When They Cry Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. People accused me of being such an irrational "downplayer" when I said the exact same thing.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2063518#64

I'm not trying to be rude or arrogant because I do LIKE Umineko. But I played thegame, read the entire manga and seen the translated material for Tsubasa.

I really could not find legit proof of High 1-A Featherine or 1-A voyagers. The witch Lambdadelta even describes her world/the witch world as infinite dimensional and has said that Featherine mocks her world from a higher one.

I probably missed something so I just accept what others say.

The might Regulator said something about trianthology but no one is bringing information of that game to light

Can anyone elaborate on what Salutextm said?

@Salutextm I'm sure if you worked on a cosmology blog, possibly with help from other willing staff, that could go through review and get accepted.

@Sera

Salutextm was doubtful on the statistics of Umineko, asking for scans in the "Hajun vs Akuto Sai" thread (where Umineko was used as an exemple) when one of the fanmade charts was shown. It ended with Bobsican accusing Salutextm of being a downplayer with no basis whatsoever and calling DarkLK... it degenerated into this shit of a thread and then later on, him being warned by Ant for being supposedly "trolling" DarkLK

Informative. But I meant what he said about High 1-B Lambda.

Ah that. From his post, it's some kind of statement about how Lamda describes her world/the witch world as infinite dimensional.

It's probably better if he speaks of it. Since he read Umineko unlike me who got lazy to finish EP 5~8 (Ooof)

From what I can tell, according to Dark that infinite-dimensional statement isn't in the original Japanese, nor is it in most translations, but Dark hasn't supplied those translations, and Salute hasn't supplied any other translations that translate it into infinite-dimensional.

Yes, after Golovachev was deleted, Iapitus downgraded I/O and ALRF downgraded Demonbane I'm inclined to agree that the information presented seems strange at best and severe amounts of headcanon may even be involved. I think anyone else can see the pattern here.

Therefore, I'm thinking 1-B was fine, as they originally were until this (still unconfirmed) new information began being displayed in threads.

If Salut have proof of this "infinite dimensional" statement, i sure wouldn't mind High 1-B Umineko

I actually don't mind any tiering we implement for Umineko as long as we reach an agreement (If by any chance we get to see scans proving the legitimacy of 1-A, i sure as hell won't be against it)

And i was here thinking umineko was on CMs level. Guess i got so excited i let all of darklks scanless statements get the better of me.

Oh well. Now that ive read literally all of his RTs and indirectly became a umineko wanker myself, i guess i can only hope that he can back up his statements with hard evidence.

Im kinda worried, like i thought this verse was pretty insanely strong

Rip

I believe that the reason the issue has reached this point is because this wiki commonly works by electing members and staff to personally manage whole verses and it's honestly very difficult to put that kind of a burden on one person.

For example, Matthew is currently managing TES and Saint Seiya revisions, but he's focused moreso on TES and it's taking a while to get to Saint Seiya. I'm not degrading his work though, the blogs he's completed to help understanding on the verse are spectacular. However, Saint Seiya has become stagnated due to this.

This is a wiki level problem that needs to be resolved by allowing other people to share and participate in discussions.

For example, multiple people reached out to Dark on this initial thread that Ant made, but he was only confiding in Azathoth from what I can understand here.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1546786

That being said, I've read the complete Umineko VN and manga, and once again I'm available to help with scans or explanations as much as I know how. I've found several threads and messages on the wiki where Dark gave some information out on some of his thoughts. I can share them here if people would like more context into some of the ratings.

GalaxianAegis said:
I believe that the reason the issue has reached this point is because this wiki commonly works by electing members and staff to personally manage whole verses and it's honestly very difficult to put that kind of a burden on one person.

For example, Matthew is currently managing TES and Saint Seiya revisions, but he's focused moreso on TES and it's taking a while to get to Saint Seiya. I'm not degrading his work though, the blogs he's completed to help understanding on the verse are spectacular. However, Saint Seiya has become stagnated due to this.

This is a wiki level problem that needs to be resolved by allowing other people to share and participate in discussions.

For example, multiple people reached out to Dark on this initial thread that Ant made, but he was only confiding in Azathoth from what I can understand here.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1546786

That being said, I've read the complete Umineko VN and manga, and once again I'm available to help with scans or explanations as much as I know how. I've found several threads and messages on the wiki where Dark gave some information out on some of his thoughts. I can share them here if people would like more context into some of the ratings.
Well with all the chaos and possible downgrades, do you stil think umineko is 1-A? Im hopind Darklk defends his position

Naruto and Bleach literally depend on one single Staff member and both those members are incredibly busy to a point that we've had CRTs and discussions on hold for several months.

With the reveal of the dependency of Umineki on one staff, perhaps we should take another look at how we handle verses among staff and remove the whole issue of reliance to one staff member. At least have multiple staff per series to cover for another if there is a repeat of these series' lack of transparency and/or progress.

@IMade

Sorry to bump in here, but I don't think you quite get why this happens. We don't just assign a staff member responsibility of a verse and leave it that. The problem happens when only a few members are seen as knowledgeable enough about a verse and thus, every CRT relies on them. It's not something that can be fixed by "assigning" many staff members to a series. If only a few select members are knowledgeable about a verse, then we can't force people to handle CRTs about said verse.

But that's not really relevant here, since afaik, people beyond DarkLK are knowledgeable about Umineko.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
@IMade
Sorry to bump in here, but I don't think you quite get why this happens. We don't just assign a staff member responsibility of a verse and leave it that. The problem happens when only a few members are seen as knowledgeable enough about a verse and thus, every CRT relies on them.
Actually I don't think you realize the issue here. Both those series have multiple staff members knowledgeable on said series, yet they both still rely on only one sole staff member despite multiple knowledgeable staff members existing.

You can't understand Umineko cosmology by just reading Umineko. You need to read Higurashi. When They Cry cosmology is interconnected.

Regardless, how we treat verse revisions is not the topic here. Let's focus on Umineko here.

Small side question. How different is the Higurashi source material from the anime? because I've heard a lot of good things about Higurashi, and was considering watching that. I'm already reading Umineko, but if I watch the anime of Higurashi will that be sufficient understanding?

As far as I have understood there is new information in something called the 07th Expansion as well, the Umineko series spans several different mediums, including games, and it is far more reliable to read it in Japanese than in western translation in order to get the scaling right.

I really hope that DarkLK will be willing to collaborate, given that he has access to a great amount of this material.

Antvasima said:
I really hope that DarkLK will be willing to collaborate, given that he has access to a great amount of this material.
Who can I collaborate if nobody does anything? Here is the work pla I proposed. Azzy is busy and nobody else is trying to do anything either. How many times do I have to write that I personally agree only to help someone else, but I never intended to create some kind of respect thread by myself. I did not create or edit pages. Contrary to accusations, I even pretty rarely participate in the versus threads.

Okay. Understood. I did not mean any disrespect.

Anyway, I trust the judgements of Promestein, Sera EX, and ALRF, and hope that you will be willing to provide them with evidence if they talk with you via your message wall or private chat.

Here is what I can do:

• Provide additional information to a person who is already knowledgeable about When They Cry verse.
  • Answer individual questions.
  • Comment analytics and changes.
This is how I originally worked with TMR.

Until someone actually starts working with the verse, I can do nothing. I will not personally edit the pages and create respect threads. For me there is not much difference exactly where the work will take place. I have already said that I can work on the wiki if it is convenient to my interlocutor.

Okay. Thank you for the help. I hope that Promestein, Sera, and ALRF will be willing to work with you in this manner.

Well regarding Umineko cosmology, it seems to be blatantly comparable to Brian Greene's "simulated multiverse theory", which describes a hierarchy of universes/multiverses where all lower layers are contained within higher layers. Essentially, any given layer is projected from a higher layer, with the higher layer typically either existing above or allowing the existence of the layer beneath it. In Umineko's case, the layers have a reality-fiction difference between them.

That seems to be the case, yes.

It seems a few pals of mine saw this post (who happened to read umineko) and may come to try and defend its position.

All they ask is for 10 days to try and search for all their scans again.

I hope you guys are willing to give them time to see a few of their arguments

Well, Promestein, Sera, and ALRF have to investigate with help from DarkLK anyway.

Just remember that this wiki has strict standards for good reasonable behaviour, so they cannot expect to behave the same way here as in most other battleboard communities.

No one's stopping them from participating in any future revisions or making their own. What I want is feats and not an endless pool of speculatory and subjective statements. This is a problem with more verses than just Uminekob but I'll stay on topic here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back