• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Our Umineko/When They Cry Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Promestein

That is not my intention. I and DarkLK have continuously asked Azathoth to get started with this revision for 7-8 months now, but he has never found the time.

I am obviously fine with if you, Sera and ALRF are willing to talk with him about it instead. I am just saying that instantly starting a public thread about it before talking with him indepth does not seem like a good idea at all.

Rather than talk to DarkLK and ask for his approval at every step, they should proceed and revise the verse regardless of his involvement or not. We don't need him to do this.

I know it's not. And Azathoth has more important things to deal with.

But why should we drop this sacred burden on a few people's shoulders? Yeah, we can have some private discussions, but a thread should be made to discuss it with everyone. I don't think it should pretty much all be done privately.

@Matthew

Again, no offence intended towards Azathoth, but he is the one who has dragged out this revision for so long. DarkLK is not at all happy about the current sorry half-finished state of our Umineko pages that TheMightyRegulator left them in.

All that I am asking for is that the people who wish to revise the franchise discuss the issue with him first. That is all. I don't see why that is so bad that it warrants public accusations from you.

Again, some strange claims to me, as if I am preventing someone from doing a revision without me.

It's bad because you've been doing this for two years Ant and it hasn't gone anywhere. DarkLK is what's stopping Umineko Revisions from rightfully happening, not a force pushing them forward. We need to stop relying on someone who's so utterly unreliable for this task at hand. And you need to stop defending and excusing him at every turn.

People should revise Umineko without him. We don't need such elitism.

Alright people settle down. I frankly do not care about the semantics. I want results. We can wait for DarkLK and Azzy to respond. No one is to blame, let's stop acting like chickens with their heads cut off or we'll never get anything done.

@Promestein

Because you have to take it slowly and respectfully to efficiently collaborate with DarkLK going by my experience.

Yeah but the difference is that in the meantime, Azzy is still revising things. So he isn't just waiting. He is just busy

On the topic of "Only DarkLK and others as smart as him can do the revisions", the I/O revisions should be proof that this argument is false.

A6 didn't have time to do the revisions, so Iap took over and did a really good job.

Why can't we make the same thing with this one?

I'm not claiming anything like that or accusing anyone of anything, I just think the way we're handling the revisions is invariably going to be slow and inefficient and will inevitably lead to a lack of transparency, which I think is undesirable.

@Matthew

Tone down the antagonism and accusations please. I have consistently tried to be respectful towards you in this public discussion.

I am fine with if knowledgeable members are willing to help out with improving Umineko. I just think that they would greatly benefit from DarkLK's expertise.

@Sera

Azathoth has been missing for 11 days now. I hope that nothing bad has happened to him, but it seems unlikely that he suddenly shows up here.

CrimsonStarFallen said:
May i ask why does it need to be a staff member?
It doesn't.

Seriously, whenever a person who's meant to handle revisions and they don't do it after a long time for a number of reasons, we think "Oh well no one else can do it so we need to wait for them"

Which, let's be honest, unless being an admin automatically gives you more knowledge on a verse, there is zero difference in knowledge between an admin, and a normal user who likes/understands the verse.

Blaz Blue wasn't stopped by this, why Umineko

Demonbane wasn't stopped by this, and non mod handled both of these.

Well we'll have to proceed without him and assume good faith on his end.

@Promestein

Okay. Noted.

@Sera

I don't mind that. I just think that to be as thorough as possible, it would be very beneficial to ask DarkLK to help out with the evidence that he has available.

I think we should all slow down. DarkLK's input is appreciated and probably somewhat necessary for a good, complete revision, which can be handled with more transparency than Azzy's one-man crusade. Things can be discussed as they come up, rather than derail this thread into more arguing over the specifics and more accusations.

@Gargoyle/Schnee

I am just worried that the series that our tiering system is built around will get a very lacklustre revision, when it needs to be as thorough as possible.

What help, Ant and what evidence? At this point I honestly don't believe in DarkLK to handle Umineko revisions whatsoever unless you want to drag this for the next two years further, excusing it along the way...

Or we can let others handle it and it'll be over in a couple months tops I would guess.

You are also impeding revisions from progressing with your incomprehensible reluctance to let others do it without him.

We can ask DarkLK for input if required, I don't know why anyone would suggest otherwise. However, it can't be a one-man-deal as Prom said. Anyone with a lick of knowledge of the verse should be allowed to compile everything together like for any other verse.

Anyway, that is enough stressful chaos for me at the moment. I am very tired and have to go to bed.

Antvasima said:
@Gargoyle/Schnee
I am just worried that the series that our tiering system is built around will get a very lacklustre revision, when it needs to be as thorough as possible.
This isn't even true. Umineko uses a reality-fiction cosmology that only uses dimensions as a metaphor to explain it. Tiering System based on dimensions is based on Cthulhu Mythos.

Umineko is not some grand, transcendent, impossible verse apart from all others. It's a series about a murder mystery and lesbian loli psychopath witches.

Promestein said:
I think we should all slow down. DarkLK's input is appreciated and probably somewhat necessary for a good, complete revision, which can be handled with more transparency than Azzy's one-man crusade. Things can be discussed as they come up, rather than derail this thread into more arguing over the specifics and more accusations.
Agreed. Thank you.

Matthew Schroeder said:
This isn't even true. Umineko uses a reality-fiction cosmology that only uses dimensions as a metaphor to explain it. Tiering System based on dimensions is based on Cthulhu Mythos.

Umineko is not some grand, transcendent, impossible verse apart from all others. It's a series about a murder mystery and lesbian loli psychopath witches.
Well, I think that DarkLK based the hierarchy of the system on Umineko, rather than the Cthulhu mythos, but I may be mistaken.

Sera EX said:
One more time, let's stop acting like chickens with their heads cut off and actually be civil like we were at the beginning of this. Please.
Agreed. I have tried to be civil, but get frustrated by the accusations and stressed up situation.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I'm confident that any verse can be properly revised if handled by responsible, productive, helpful people who willingly talk and cooperate without being smug or arrogant about the issue at hand.
Since when have I been smug or arrogant? I have tried to calm down the situation in a polite manner.

@Matthew

You really need to calm down. Everyone is trying to be civil in this thread and move forward with this revision. You attacking DarkLK and Umineko does nothing to help and only sets us backwards as we wallow on uneeded topics.

DarkLK himself said above he's not stopping anyone from doing the revisions while Sera, Ant and Prom have agreed that they still would value some input from DarkLK since he is the most knowledgeable in the series. The only one that held us back was Azzy, but we can move one without him as DarkLK said he's not stopping anyone.

So let's calm down.

Antvasima said:
Since when have I been smug or arrogant? I have tried to calm down the situation in a polite manner.
Wasn't talking about you. I'm meaning that people are productive when they are helpful. That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back