• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Our rules regarding composite profiles (Staff only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, they'll be considered Tertiary Canon anyways as stated by the Cano page. And I'd assume he'd be deleted.

Well, if we are asking specific verses... what about myths? They are the composites of hundreds of stories told by different people who likely haven't read a tenth of the previous works on the gods, and nearly all deities have a timeline of them "transforming" from one god to another, with one personality to another.

Fascinating for histories, very much composite profiles by our standards.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
I'm not sure how you decide what contradictions are too extreme, since the nature of the SCP wiki means that just what storylines you view it in can create contradictions. Outliers not being included is a thing for every profile, and that includes composite ones, so I dont expect any kind of special treatment on this matter, obviously. Also, I know you are using the Clef thing as just an example, but from what I have learned from discussing with other SCP fans, the status quo around Clef seems to have changed to him being a reality warper himself, although I'm not that much of a fan of this.

What do you define as EC? Is that anything that sits within multiple canons, or things that sit outside of the SCP's many canons? Is it EC if it shows up in tails exclusively or is it EC if it just isn't outright spelled out in the page itself? Is stuff like finding hints in the source code EC?
Any contradictions that can't be resolved.

I feel like an outlier of "has Reality Warping in two stories" isn't the kind of thing that we usually actually discount as an outlier, especially for composite profiles. Composites get abilities that they've only shown once all the time, since they don't care about the consistent representation of a character's set of abilities, just about shoving them all into one page.

Extended Canon is anything that sits outside of Article/Original Canon. What is Article/Original Canon is explained on this page, but in short, it's everything written by the author, everything that two authors canonically scale to each other, and everything in a canon/series/collaboration the character was written for. Everything outside of that is Extended Canon.

We still need to start planning how to practically apply this.

TGOP, did you type that comment on the wrong thread?

Antvasima said:
We still need to start planning how to practically apply this.
Does anybody have some suggestions?

I think we should first edit the Alternative Canon and Composite Profiles profiles to just cover Alternate Canons and remove any mentions of Composites there, first. (Though I reckon merging it with Cano would be better)

Then we can add a rule against composite in the Editing Rules(?) page, (Also Cal showed an editing rule that justifies profiles we've discussed to remove).

Third step would be deletion of all the composite profiles which aren't justified, which'll be in the "Composite" category, right?

Well, yeah, but that way we can find most of them far more easily. Just by doing that, I found that Composite Mii existed.

Joaco0902 said:
Well, yeah, but that way we can find most of them far more easily. Just by doing that, I found that Composite Mii existed.
This category is already around, so a bot can just nuke all of them with no problem.

However, as said before, each page still has to be evaluated in case-per-case, as some still qualify to remain as they are.

^^ From my opinions, they would be deleted because composite profiles are only made from one single titular character from different canon. So, I think it is best to make separate profiles for each character's incarnation.

I found a list for the composite profiles here; while it does not listed all composite profiles, it should be helpful

Weird that garfields on there. He isn't a composite iirc. That was actually brought up when discussing some of his comic feats

Bobsican said:
This category is already around, so a bot can just nuke all of them with no problem.

However, as said before, each page still has to be evaluated in case-per-case, as some still qualify to remain as they are.
Yes, we should never mass-delete pages with bots, as it is far too uncontrolled and indiscriminate. Each page would have to be evaluated and removed one-by-one.

In my opinion, the films, as the original and most popular source material that exists in every single part of the series (excluding any reboots), should take precedence. Anything that directly contradicts their timeline and events, such as Jason vs. Leatherface and the Jason X Special/Jason vs. Jason x can be declared non-canon.

This is just my opinion, though, and there's no author statements about series canon. Take everything I said with a grain of salt.

Zark2099 said:
I think we should first edit the Alternative Canon and Composite Profiles profiles to just cover Alternate Canons and remove any mentions of Composites there, first. (Though I reckon merging it with Cano would be better)

Then we can add a rule against composite in the Editing Rules(?) page, (Also Cal showed an editing rule that justifies profiles we've discussed to remove).

Third step would be deletion of all the composite profiles which aren't justified, which'll be in the "Composite" category, right?
We should probably return to the main topic of rewriting the text instructions in appropriate pages.

Qawsedf234 said:
Jason Voorhees profile, while using extended canon like comics, isn't a composite. The reboot has it's own key and the original timeline is separated into his different forms. It would only really be a composite of we include video games or alt-universe novels into one key.

So what about a character who is represented by some items which everyone or at least some selected people can wield. Green Lantern, The Mask, even the Helmet of Fate (for Doctor Fate) fall into this category.

Composites are characters that take multiple characters that have the same identity, from one or more canoncs, and inflates them into one profile regardless off diferences.

Items that give powers are not composites as long as it's the exact same item giving those abilities. Anyone can get any of the powers the Mask gives, and anyone with the right emotions can use the multi colored DC rings at will. So they are not composites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back