• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man: Sage Centipede and Evil Ocean Water High 6-A Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've agreed to a "Likely" rating for them, and I don't think any other staff member has commented yet.
I agree with this, God was aware of the Tatsumaki vs. Psykos Orochi battle, watching from afar the whole time, and yet he saw Saitama as a greater threat than her, considering him to be the being that turned against him, sending Sage and EOW to deal with him specifically.

This is probably the reason why they have an Unknown level of threat instead of just Dragon.

I've agreed to a "Likely" rating for them, and I don't think any other staff member has commented yet.
But why just "likely"? Don't you agree that God witnessed Tatsumaki obliterating Psykorochi? Why would he send 2 beings weaker than Psykorochi to kill Saitama?

But why just "likely"? Don't you agree that God witnessed Tatsumaki obliterating Psykorochi? Why would he send 2 beings weaker than Psykorochi to kill Saitama?
"Likely" due to the lack of actual feats. Individually, it's possible for each of them to be inferior to Psykorochi and it's not like God sent them in for 1-on-1 duels with Saitama, but to tagteam him together.

How would 2 6-A beings be able to even last a nanosecond against someone who can effortlessly turn a nearly moon level character into paste? That doesn’t hold up in the slightest.

"Likely" due to the lack of actual feats. Individually, it's possible for each of them to be inferior to Psykorochi and it's not like God sent them in for 1-on-1 duels with Saitama, but to tagteam him together.
But that's just how scaling chains go, when a character lacks better feats but we know they are superior they just straight up scale above them. Case in point Psykorochi scaling above Orochi despite her Earth-Slicing feat being inferior to Orochi's Gaia Cannon.

How would 2 6-A beings be able to even last a nanosecond against someone who can effortlessly turn a nearly moon level character into paste? That doesn’t hold up in the slightest.
I didn't say they should be just 6-A.

I think the best rating for them both would be "At least 6-A, likely High 6-A".

I didn't say they should be just 6-A.

I think the best rating for them both would be "At least 6-A, likely High 6-A".
Me when I massively upscale from 6-A but somehow I am not capable of lasting against someone who can turn the nearly moon level character into paste

"Confidence scaling" isn't the best method ever for solid ratings.

Remember that Garou witnessed what Overgrown Rover was capable of, went in to attack him, and ended up not leaving a scratch on him. So much for his "confidence".

A "Likely" rating is fine for these two.

Even if for some inexplicable reason you cut their AP in half due to them being a tat team, they’d still be 2.34 exatons and still be high 6-A
even if you cut it 10 times I’m pretty sure that’s still high 6-A
Nobody was proposing a likely rating. It’s a full rating, that should just be the end of it. This shouldn’t even be a discussion.
Sage centipede: At least high 6-A
Evil ocean: at least high 6-A
"Confidence scaling" isn't the best method ever for solid ratings.

Remember that Garou witnessed what Overgrown Rover was capable of, went in to attack him, and ended up not leaving a scratch on him. So much for his "confidence".

A "Likely" rating is fine for these two.
Being proven wrong doesn’t affect the validity of confidence scaling. If someone witnesses a 7-B attack and is still confident, then the enemy pulling out a 7-A attack doesn’t stop them from scaling to 7-B
this has literally always been the case.

But it's not "confidence scaling" these two beings were explicitly sent to kill Saitama after God had witnessed Tatsumaki destroy Psykorochi. How is it vague enough to not grant a full rating?

Hell if it's that important they work in tandem then we can scale both to half, though that really doesn't make much sense since they would still be oneshot by Tatsumaki

Yeah but, didn't literal God create both SC and EOW?

Edit: in reference to Damage
Yeah Sage Centipede himself was formed from Orochi's remains at God's altar
aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwMzM3MTQzNzY3MzQlMkY5MjE2MTY5MjYxODUyMjYzNzAlMkZwYWdlXzQ0LnBuZw==
aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwMzI4MjA5NzM2MjglMkY5MjE2MTY5MzIyNTQ0MDQ2NjglMkZwYWdlXzQ1LnBuZw==

Nobody has to propose it for that to be what is accepted.

Currently there are two staff votes for it.
And currently two staff are completely wrong.
Sage centipede quite literally popped directly out of Orochi’s goo. I quite literally cannot comprehend how anything except a solid rating is justified here.

I also kind of don't understand why there can't be full scale, the rationale is more than solid enough to get full scale.

I mean, why would God trade a damn 5.68 Exatons monster for a measly continent-level pair with an AP difference greater than 1000x? God is not dumb.

Let's go over my arguments again so I don't have to type over and over again:

God himself empowered Psykorochi during their fusion as explained on this sequence:

Tatsumaki obliterated Psykorochi on a cellular level after getting serious. God undoubtedly witnessed this event.
aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwMzE2NTkxMzQ5ODYlMkY5MTcyNzk1ODA4MTE4NTM4NDQlMkZwXzE5LnBuZw==
aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwNDIyNTM5Njc0MjAlMkY5MTcyNzk2Mzg0NjY3NTY2MzglMkZwcF8xLnBuZw==

Later on, after Tatsumaki impales Orochi near God's altar, which very clearly lines up with the "worthy sacrifice" prophecy
aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwMzI4MjA5NzM2MjglMkY5MTcyODA4NTY0NTkwNzk3NDAlMkZwYWdlXzI3LnBuZw==
aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwNDA5MzY5Mzk1NTAlMkY5MTcyNzUzNzQ4MDk5Mjc3MjAlMkZwXzE4LnBuZw==

Much later on, while Garou is fighting Platinum Sperm and Flashy Flash we see what's going on underground:
Sage Centipede is formed from Orochi's remains while Evil Natural Water merges with the ocean

And when they both appear, Sage Centipede literally says this:
aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwMzYyNTE5MzA2NTclMkY5MzI2ODcyOTE5MzQxOTU3NTIlMkZwYWdlXzM5LnBuZw==
aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwMzU2MTQzNjM2NzglMkY5MzI2ODcyOTg2NTc2NDg2ODAlMkZwYWdlXzQwLnBuZw==

"Suffer divine retribution and destruction!"

Who the **** else but God sent them? And who is this "Abominable Fist that turned against God"? Garou and the name of Chapter 164 "The Abominable fist that turned against God" make it clear to us
aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwMzA5MjUxNDAwMzglMkY5Nzg5MDU0Mjc4Njc3NTA0MDAlMkYyMS5wbmc=
aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwMzAyNDU2NzA5OTIlMkY5Nzg5MDU0MzQzNTIxMjgwMDAlMkYyMi5wbmc=

God sent them both to kill Saitama, there is no reason they should be weaker than Psykorochi. They should pretty clearly be "At least High 6-A"

Last edited:
@Recon1511 Your arguments would a "Likely High 6-A" rating as far as I can tell by our current standards.

The "At least 6-A" part comes from the pair of them demonstrably having 6-A feats/calcs. This isn't a limitation, you guys. By having "At least" it shows they can be far stronger than that, which the "Likely High 6-A" bit explains roughly where they'd be. There's just not confirmation for a full rating.

@Recon1511 Your arguments would a "Likely High 6-A" rating as far as I can tell by our current standards.

The "At least 6-A" part comes from the pair of them demonstrably having 6-A feats/calcs. This isn't a limitation, you guys. By having "At least" it shows they can be far stronger than that, which the "Likely High 6-A" bit explains roughly where they'd be. There's just not confirmation for a full rating.
How about "High 6-A likely higher"? Because at the very least they should be as strong as Psykorochi...

How about "High 6-A likely higher"? Because at the very least they should be as strong as Psykorochi...
I think that "At least 6-A, likely High 6-A" is the best option, and Maverick seems to agree with me. You're welcome to get other staff input though.

I don't really understand your reasoning Damage, I'll just wait for other staff input no need to keep arguing.

It's not likely that they're stronger than Orochi, they are stronger than Orochi, and we've all agreed on that. A likely rating doesn't make sense to me at all.

It's not likely that they're stronger than Orochi, they are stronger than Orochi, and we've all agreed on that. A likely rating doesn't make sense to me at all.
Okay I'm a little confused here, by "stronger than Orochi" refer to both Psychorochi and Orochi, or just Orochi

Should be noted that out of the 2, Saitama attacked Evil ocean instead of Sage. I would assume it implied he was more of a threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back