• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I’m done arguing about that part.
I just wanna keep this from being the discussion that shuts off all OVA related scaling entirely.

I think we can use the OVA episodes as long as they don't contradict the manga. If there are episodes that appear to contradict the manga, then we simply don't use those episodes instead of completely treating all of the OVAs as non-canon.

This needs to be rewritten to MHS+, as I'm pretty sure we agreed we were gonna scale those characters listed here to Psykos' beam speed. I don't see why we should discard it

Is this good justification? From an interview with the writer of the OVAs. He says the OVAs are based off ONE's ideas and he approves them.
The Dragon Ball Z filler were also based on some of Toriyama's ideas, with Toriyama even providing character designs for some of them, but simply being based on the author's ideas means little to nothing. And, this Compus only declares that Genos and Amnesia was looked over and approved by ONE.

This needs to be rewritten to MHS+, as I'm pretty sure we agreed we were gonna scale those characters listed here to Psykos' beam speed. I don't see why we should discard it
They will all be MHS +. Genos beams are just an additional support to their speeds.

Armorchompy:

What are the conclusions here so far?

Neither Genos's nor Atomic's were accepted, moreover, it doesn't make sense for Genos's beam to be so often above Psykorochi's.

\(-,-)/

One feat. Three calcs. Different speed classes​

The Sea King leaps while the raindrops are slowed down. This feat has 3 versions of the calculation. @USklaverei, @El_Beyonder and mine.

My calculation:
It uses the distance from the manga, which was calculated by the USk in the first version of the old calculation. My calculation uses a timeframe from the anime to figure out how much the raindrops are slowed down.

I got a result of 44 Mach (High Hypersonic).

USk calculation:
He uses the timeframe from the anime like me, but now he takes the distance traveled by the Sea King from ANIME.

He got a result of 7 Machs (Hypersonic).

Beyonder calculation:
It uses the timeframe from the anime, but the distance from the manga. He seems to be using a different angular dimension method that gives him a little more than the manga's distance traveled.

He got a result of 50.45 Mach (High Hypersonic+).

Beyonder recently made a new version of this calculation.
He used a more reliable method, through the Pythagorean theorem, without the angular size and height of the frame.

He got a result of 63 Machs (High Hypersonic+).

Which one should use?

This is a VERY important feat. Because before we used my version and multiplied the speed by 1.5 times to find out the speed of the wet mold. Thus, we received High Hypersonic+. Then, USk made his own version. I was too lazy to argue, because it doesn't matter whose calculation will be accepted, because the dry Sea King already scales to Iaian. My calculation is only Mach 2 faster than Iaian. I thought it was pretty small, so it doesn't matter.

But as I found out, it seems that we cannot multiply the speed by 1.5 times, even if one character is much much faster than the other.

Fortunately, Beyonder made his own, better version than mine. And in it he got a clean High Hypersonic+ result.

So, many profiles depend on this calculation.

If Beyonder's version is accepted then this scales to:
Hydrated Deep Sea King, Sonic Pre-Training and Post-Training, Child Emperor and Brave Giant, Pig God, Watchdog Man, Genos Post-G4 and Post-Superfight, Metal Bat, Tanktop Master Pre-Monster Association Arc, Pri-Pri-Prisoner (Monster Association Arc), Human Garou, Vaccine Man (Both forms), Beefcake, Pluton (Only "possibly"), Kabuto (Base), Bakuzan, Elder Centipede, Homeless Emperor (only with energy spheres), Evil Natural Water, Fuhrer Ugly, Gums, Phoenix Man (Resurrection), Awakened Cockroach, Bug God (All forms), Royal Ripper, G5.

Only combat speed and reaction: Iaian, Okamaitachi, Bushidrill, Sweet Mask, possibly Spring Mustachio.

The Atomic Samurai once again proved that he is the fastest swordsman after Flash​

Calc.
He blitz the beam of the weakened Psykorochi and blinks the Psykorochi itself, which is quite close to the Sub-Relativistic (Mach 7200). So this feat fits into powerscaling.

Only scales to Atomic Samurai, Bang and Bomb.
We can't wait that long to discuss this. FASTER. These two things will end this discussion.

I'm mostly neutral on the three different speed calcs but if I had to pick, the first one from Darth seems best to me. The pythagoras method by Beyonder scales to the edge of the panel instead of actually scaling to the building itself. The viewpoint of the panel isn't good enough.

I'm mostly neutral on the three different speed calcs but if I had to pick, the first one from Darth seems best to me. The pythagoras method by Beyonder scales to the edge of the panel instead of actually scaling to the building itself. The viewpoint of the panel isn't good enough.
Thank you very much for the evaluations. It is very helpful.

The problem is: #39 and #40 happen concurrently. At the same time Saitama and King are discussing King's fraudulent past in his apartment, Sitch was holding a meeting at the Hero Association HQ with the criminals in which Garou slaughtered everybody. That would mean that Garou was a wanted criminal by the time of the OVA, and going out into the public surrounded by hundreds of people would automatically reveal his identity, but nobody seems to acknowledge the fact that Garou is a dangerous criminal who battled with the Hero Association and nearly murdered several hundred other criminals.

But hey, ONE supervised the production of the OVA, so I must be wrong, and there must be an answer to all of this.
Though I agree that the scaling shouldn’t be used (since Garou wasn’t going all out if he could still “kick it up a notch”), I feel a need to comment on the inconsistent timeline part. Garou wasn’t exactly in hiding at this point in the series, he was still going out in public, and aside from heroes no one seemed to notice. We see this several times, like when he met Saitama buying his wig, or when he went to confront Watchdog man, and no one ever seems to notice him but heroes, even if he’s got wounds or ripped clothes that make it obvious he’s been in a fight recently.

I have already explained above that my calculation above is an update of Darth's calculation, so now only this calculation should be taken. Although this calculation has the problem that the distance calculated with the angsizing does not make sense given the height of the building Sonic was in.

So I recalculated it to get a much more accurate distance than using Angsizing. I calculated it to the edge of the panel because clearly the roof of the building covers the other section of the street given the angle of the panel, however assuming 15 or 20 meters distance from the building which would be more correct would end up giving very equal results.

Last edited:
You need to properly structure a post that explains what has been rejected, accepted, and still needs to be decided, in an easily understood manner. Afterwards, I can call some calc group members here again.

You need to properly structure a post that explains what has been rejected, accepted, and still needs to be decided, in an easily understood manner. Afterwards, I can call some calc group members here again.
Everything that was last stated to be accepted in Darth's first post is still accepted. Sonic Speed Multiplication is rejected. Suiryu and Garou scaling is rejected. Orochi speed rejected. Atomic Samurai lightning cut accepted.

Okay. Perhaps you should all focus on applying what has been accepted then and not argue about what has been rejected?

If there are still issues to be decided, you can all focus on discussing them alone afterwards.

Okay. Perhaps you should all focus on applying what has been accepted then and not argue about what has been rejected?

If there are still issues to be decided, you can all focus on discussing them alone afterwards.
I suppose I can do so when I have the time (Tomorrow or so)

I do not remember. Sorry. Perhaps others can help us out in that regard?

Oh, I think all thats left is the whole deal with the raindrops and Deep Sea King. The only person I recall commenting on it was Damage, where he said that Darth's calc should be used. I think we need more input so we can wrap this up.

Okay. Can somebody please link to the calculations that still need to be compared and evaluated regarding which ones that we should use please? I can call on some calc group members after that.

Okay. Can somebody please link to the calculations that still need to be compared and evaluated regarding which ones that we should use please? I can call on some calc group members after that.
In addition to the calculation of the Sea King, there are no more such.

Darth, for convenience, can you edit what's accepted in the OP by listing them as acceptes for convenience? So I can also remember what to update

Yes, I need some help with making this discussion more organised. Otherwise nothing will happen here.

Just follow my earlier instructions please.

Wait, I noticed a sort of circular scaling chain for MHS+. So supposedly, Psykorochi is just MHS+, Drive Knight scales to Psykosjet who according to the OP, should also be MHS+ as Genos kept up with both Psykosjet and Psykorochi. Which leads to Nayn being MHS+, which leads to Orochi being MHS+ via being vastly superior to Nyan. Which leads to Psykorochi being MHS+ again via being superior to Orochi. So it becomes:

Pyskorochi (At least MHS+) > Orochi (At least MHS+) > Nyan (MHS+) = Drive Knight (MHS+) = Psykosjet (MHS+) = Genos (MHS+) = Psykorochi (MHS+)???

You see the problem here? It creates a circular chain, and it's better off to just scale all characters outside of Ten second Genos, Tatsumaki and Psykorochi to just MHS. It's incredibly odd how many dragon level characters would be in the same tier category as Orochi, who is implied to be far above the dragon tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back