• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can't understand that it is to show that a numerical increase in a graph doesn't 1 to 1 correlate in reality, than I think you should pay more attention to math class.
my brother in christ your graph uses peru as an axis, while one is quite literally stated to be exponential which means we at least have DEFINED AXISES (Y is AP and X is time) while another axis is countries, which unlike time does not move linearly as it doesn't really measure anything, it's less of a graph and more of a list

so no, due to the fact that the graph is exponential we know that your height graph is bullshit. height and countries are not comparable to AP and time in any way, it's offensive that I had to tell you this

Even the exponential growth Saitama had enough power to oneshot himself from the past in about 20 minutes.
"Even" implies that the Exponential Growth Saitama experienced against Garou is smaller than the natural growth he experiences everyday lmao are you even listening to yourself.

Of course he did. That was an extraordinary circumstance that will likely never repeat itself until Saitama fights God at the tail end of the series.

"Even" implies that the Exponential Growth Saitama experienced against Garou is smaller than the natural growth he experiences everyday lmao are you even listening to yourself.

Of course he did. That was an extraordinary circumstance that will likely never repeat itself until Saitama fights God at the tail end of the series.
ha,that's why i hate when this kind of things happen

i agree with everything EXCEPT

"Saitama passively grows in strength and can one-shot himself from the previous day[6] effortlessly"

Remove this shit. This is still presented as absolutely ambiguous in the actual audio drama and the current chapters do not confirm it. Saitama's explosive growth was due to the surge of emotions while fighting. It doesn't mean he doubles in strength passively every day.
Yeah actually, I agree with this

All that ill say is that the graph can only be used as a multiplier if the bottom line is equivalent to zero in strength or some specific value. If theres nothing to prove that then is shouldnt really be used.

All that ill say is that the graph can only be used as a multiplier if the bottom line is equivalent to zero in strength or some specific value. If theres nothing to prove that then is shouldnt really be used.
reverse burden of proof, considering that if it really wasn’t zero then it would be meaningless and murata would have just started them at that line
But the only possible reason it could be highlighted is because of it being zero, it’s got no significance other than that, and murata would want to make it easy for the reader to grasp obviously instead of secretly making it a wacky ass graph without telling the reader.

The main concern here seems to be the lack of y axis units, but the fact that the graph represent a multiplier instead of a basic amp means the units don’t matter
Perhaps 1 square is really 3 units? Doesn’t matter, two squares will still double it to end up at 6 units. The units could be bannanas, but 2 squares would still be two bananas therefore giving a timed two multiplier
something like this is something we all learned in middle school, I hope

Agree with everything but using graph to scale. And regarding VGS:
If Saitama's average rate of growth was so immense that he passively grows so much in power to effortlessly one-shot himself from the previous day, even when he's sitting on his ass doing nothing, then he would be growing massively in power with every passing minute and Garou would never get to push him to begin with.
What is this logic? Garou's pushing his limits because he's copying Saitama's full strength. I can't see how Saitama one-shotting his previous self day would imply he should one-shot his full power from seconds ago. It takes time, a day, for Saitama to one-shot himself from yesterday. "Minutes" of fight (which May be far less once we get the timeframe) won't affect in anything.
Again, the Audiobook dismisses Genos' Theory as nonsense when Saitama says that Machines are unreliable. The VGS produced a copy of Saitama based on Genos' DATA OF SAITAMA (and at that point, the strongest he had seen Saitama was when he punched the meteor).
HE ONE SHOT A SIMULATION OF SAITAMA BASED ON GENOS' DATA OF SAITAMA.

No. Shadow Saitama was produced by the Data the machine obtained by Saitama when he used it. It has nothing to do with Genos, who didn' even know Shadow Saitama was there to begin with.
The VGS was also incapable of reproducing Metal Bat's Fighting Spirit, so why the **** would it reproduce a Full-Power Saitama?
It can reproduce Saitama's power, as seen when Darkshine was defeated with one punch by Saitama.
Nevermind that the VGS BROKE after Saitama fought in it, meaning that even his casual display of power was too much for the computer to process.
Why do you say the machine was broken? The only thing to "confirm it" was the sound of explosion, but Saitama said he, in fact, one-shotted Shadow Saitama, so the machine should've contained his full strength.
What the **** would that mean for Gouketsu. Is Gouketsu gonna be 4-A since Genos thought Saitama couldn't handle him despite Saitama doubling or tripling in strength passively with each day?
It would just mean he's possibly unquantificably above 6-C, or that Genos overstimated too much Gouketsu.
Saitama himself previously thought he couldn't grow any stronger, meaning whatever growth he was experiencing prior to fighting Garou was unnoticeable even to him.
(As explained at the chapter) His rate of growth went unnoticed because no one was in par with his full power. It doesn't contradict the VGS growth, it's just Saitama not knowing his continue growth because he doesn't put any effort at any of his fight, such as how he thought he couldn't even comprehend martial arts despite him at first, yet he was copying Garou's strongest martial arts techniques with ease.
Except it isn't? The Exponential Growth made him able to one-shot his previous full power punch strength in just minutes. Meanwhile, his passive strength takes an entire day to do so. The difference is kinda clear

mind giving your reasons so that it’ll be easier to debate it with you?
It's not that deep

The statement says Saitama's growth was unnoticed until now, since nobody was strong enough (1) and that a surge of emotions made it soar exponentially, eventually making him dwarf Garou in the battle (2).

1 is about his every day power growth, that we don't know exactly by how much it powers him up, but it's there

2 is about that + the surge of emotions + facing someone actually strong enough = what we see against Garou, said explosive power growth is not Saitama's usual power growth

Saitama's feat of stomping someone that was comparable to him seconds ago depends on more than just his average Accelerated Development (That's quite literally the statement), you guys must prove that what we saw against Garou, on the level that was against him, can be done

- Without someone strong enough to push him

- Without a relevant surge of emotions

Two major factors of that fight

Thing is, I don't even see this as being that much important since on a VS Thread we are going to give Saitama a 4-A opponent that will match him and we know facing someone on his level is already quite the emotion for him, so it's not like his AD isn't broken or that it's not going to be relevant VS wise, it's just not passively on that level

Agree with everything but using graph to scale. And regarding VGS:

What is this logic? Garou's pushing his limits because he's copying Saitama's full strength. I can't see how Saitama one-shotting his previous self day would imply he should one-shot his full power from seconds ago. It takes time, a day, for Saitama to one-shot himself from yesterday. "Minutes" of fight (which May be far less once we get the timeframe) won't affect in anything.

No. Shadow Saitama was produced by the Data the machine obtained by Saitama when he used it. It has nothing to do with Genos, who didn' even know Shadow Saitama was there to begin with.

It can reproduce Saitama's power, as seen when Darkshine was defeated with one punch by Saitama.

Why do you say the machine was broken? The only thing to "confirm it" was the sound of explosion, but Saitama said he, in fact, one-shotted Shadow Saitama, so the machine should've contained his full strength.

It would just mean he's possibly unquantificably above 6-C, or that Genos overstimated too much Gouketsu.

(As explained at the chapter) His rate of growth went unnoticed because no one was in par with his full power. It doesn't contradict the VGS growth, it's just Saitama not knowing his continue growth because he doesn't put any effort at any of his fight, such as how he thought he couldn't even comprehend martial arts despite him at first, yet he was copying Garou's strongest martial arts techniques with ease.

Except it isn't? The Exponential Growth made him able to one-shot his previous full power punch strength in just minutes. Meanwhile, his passive strength takes an entire day to do so. The difference is kinda clear
I love how you implied that Saitama needed full power to one shot darkshine, but that point alone kinda completely invalidates you since without that bs point you have nothing to suggest it could replicate his strength

It's not that deep

The statement says Saitama's growth was unnoticed until now, since nobody was strong enough (1) and that a surge of emotions made it soar exponentially, eventually making him dwarf Garou in the battle (2).

1 is about his every day power growth, that we don't know exactly by how much it powers him up, but it's there

2 is about that + the surge of emotions + facing someone actually strong enough = what we see against Garou, said explosive power growth is not Saitama's usual power growth

Saitama's feat of stomping someone that was comparable to him seconds ago depends on more than just his average Accelerated Development (That's quite literally the statement), you guys must prove that what we saw against Garou, on the level that was against him, can be done

Thing is, I don't even see this as being that much important since on a VS Thread we are going to give Saitama a 4-A opponent that will match him and we know facing someone on his level is already quite the emotion for him, so it's not like his AD isn't broken, it's just not passively on that level
Oh it seems I an mistaken then, when I asked for your reasons I thought you were referring to it the graph’s 60 times (or higher) multiplier would be accepted to get him to the 9 times increase needed for 3-C

I already agree with Matt’s take on the passive growth entirely

Doesn´t saitama himself say that he would never lose to himself from yesterday in the VGS, wouldn´t this mean that saitama agrees he can one-shot himself from yesterday regardless of the actual strength of the simulation.
Well that doesn’t really mean one shot, it could quite literally be a 1% power increase per day (more likely than a one shot considering fighting monsters barely takes more exertion than standing still for him, so it wouldn’t push him to any kind of point of increasing power.

Actually, maybe we could make a post boros fight key for him now, since Boros pushed him to a serious punch, the same attack he used after garou killed genos
it’s not Boros wank tho since the moment Saitama went serious he did get one shot after all, but Saitama himself may have experienced growth after that

I love how you implied that Saitama needed full power to one shot darkshine, but that point alone kinda completely invalidates you since without that bs point you have nothing to suggest it could replicate his strength
I didn't. If the machine can replicate strength high enough to one-shot Darkshine, it means that Saitama is not weak. The only instance VGS couldn't replicate something (MB power increase), he couldn't use nothing of it (it just couldn't be used there). Meanwhile, Saitama's strength is considerable, since he could one-shot one of the most durable heroes and call it a day.

But we shouldn't prove that? Saitama's passive growth is nowhere near the growth he had on the fight against Garou. Just take in consideration the timeframe.

Saitama's passive growth allows him to one-shot his previous full power after 1 day.

Saitama's soaring growth allows him to one-shot his previous full power after some punches against someone who's replicating and "perfectioning" Saitama's previous punch strength.

If his passive growth could make him pass from 1 (his full power of yesterday) to 2 (his full power of today) in a day, his soaring growth can make him pass from 1 (his full power of his first full power punch) to 3 (a punch strong enough to one-shot his one-punch-ago self) and increasing (each time the gap between him and Garou was greater despite Garou copying and countering his Last punch with as much force) in a matter of minutes.

I wonder if Saitama can get a "Possibly BFR resistance" from that portal kicking away scene.
While it could be said he just kicked it too fast for it to take effect, he stood still for one panel, wich could also mean he was unaffected by the BFR and then kicked it away because the lights were annoying.
Any thoughts about this?

How about this image?

a8kMFTo.png
My guy this is fan made, there are better ones

This is literally tiktok garou

also my only gripes with this and I’ve said this before is that like

I think garou should just be flat out 4-a, he took genuinely serious blows from saitama even in his regular state. You trying to tell me someone with 5-a durability that was still tanking all of this shit could still keep going?

I think garou should just be flat out 4-a, he took genuinely serious blows from saitama even in his regular state. You trying to tell me someone with 5-a durability that was still tanking all of this shit could still keep going?
yeah, garou retains stats from mimicry is what we agreed on
that's a scaling thing that needs to be worked out, since it looks like the OP uses the outdated sandbox as reference, but we discussed a few new things after it was made

Base Garou is 4-A after copying 4-A power.

^

This. Let's be succinct here with this graph shit, people only want to use to wank Saitama in vs matches. It's a random graph with zero actual ways (that are legitimate.) to find said growth rate.
do you even know how multiplication works?
regardless of what units are used, it will still be doubled
seriously don't be a dumbass, you're gonna have to use more than just "wank wank wank wank wank wank wank" if you wanna be convincing

do you even know how multiplication works?
Let's not even go down this road pal.
regardless of what units are used, it will still be doubled
Going by what exactly? There aren't any stated figures for the growth rate.
seriously don't be a dumbass, you're gonna have to use more than just "wank wank wank wank wank wank wank" if you wanna be convincing.
If your gonna resort to the typical OPM reddit fan argument of insulting other's then I'd suggest you unfollow the thread. I said it's wank because it is wank made from fans who want upgrades with no real basis.

Maybe practice what you preach before trying to call people dumbasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back