• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
God has enough evidence to justify everything besides striking strength as far as I know. But if we want to hold off we can I guess.

Going by what exactly? There aren't any stated figures for the growth rate.
The graph of course
I created a helpful image showing off the exact logic with a simply look earlier in the thread. It uses 0 as a reference point, so regardless of units, as long as the difference between 0 and point A is double the difference between 0 and point B, that means B is twice as strong as A
this logic being repeated leads to the growth from the serious punch ^ 2 to the end of the fight being somewhere between 50 and 100 (I think it’s 64 but for the sake of this not turning into a debate about the exact value I’m using that)

No, that's quite literally you just projecting and reading shit that ain't even there.
Projecting would mean that I’ve done the whole “it’s wank” bit
and I’ve never used that as an argument, and you wouldn’t be able to find a situation where I have. Projecting is a term thrown around way too much honestly

his logic being repeated leads to the growth from the serious punch ^ 2 to the end of the fight being somewhere between 50 and 100 (I think it’s 64 but for the sake of this not turning into a debate about the exact value I’m using that)
For all we know the graph could just be in sets of 1 Saitama. So Saitama at the end of the graph is only 16 Saitama units higher than the starting point (which is a exponential growth pattern most charts like that can show).

It could also be a quadrillion Saitama. Its just vague without a hard Y-Axis constant that we can use. The most we can say is that Saitama is rated 16 lines above the base line or 15 above line 1 and Garou is rated 5 above the baseline or 4 above line 1

For all we know the graph could just be in sets of 1 Saitama. So Saitama at the end of the graph is only 16 Saitama units higher than the starting point.

It could also be a quadrillion Saitama. Its just vague without a hard Y-Axis constant that we can use.
This is directly debunked by the fact that they start off as less than 1 square to begin with, so a square being one Saitama is quite literally completely impossible

God has enough evidence to justify everything besides striking strength as far as I know. But if we want to hold off we can I guess.
That and his "in character fight strategy" I guess

But I actually believe he should have a profile, I saw many other profiles with less info than what we have for him

This is directly debunked by the fact that they start off as less than 1 square to begin with, s
The lines actually start in the negative X-Axis range and then only go higher after crossing that point. So we don't know if they actually start there or not.

The lines actually start in the negative X-Axis range and then only go higher after crossing that point. So we don't know if they actually start there or not.
The negative x axis range is before the fight, given that he has no growth until the serious punch^2, which is represented by the first dot

I think the graph should be used for some of the reasons listed already plus considering the fact that we know Garou himself is also capable of increasing his strength many times over in the course of a single fight shows Saitama’s growth far outpacing a superior Garou’s own growth.

The graph Murata added in I think just cements the fact that they’re are in fact increasing in strength many times over since that is the pure intent behind the graph.

By the way I know it’s unconventional but if anybody would be willing to discuss this partially in discord dms let me know, because this is going a bit too slowly for my taste, and it’s harder for me to argue with multiple people at once (especially with the likes system here, getting ratioed just feels like unnecessary stress and mob mentality)

I agree with what's currently proposed so far in the OP. Though I want to ask if Garou can see the Earth from where he is in space (likely still near Jupiter), could that be an indicator for his range with his Portals?

I'm basically fine with all the new upgrades. Only minor thing I have is in Saitama's Accelerated Development key, where it says that he grows stronger every day based on the VGS simulator. I'm more reluctant to accept that evidence since Saitama believed that the simulator was faulty and unreliable, and he also stated to King in the manga that he didn't believe that he could get any stronger than he already was. So while there's clear evidence of Accelerated Development during his fight with Garou, I don't think conclusions should be drawn to say he grows stronger every day.

Now I'm just thinking about whether it's even possible for anyone to be paired against Garou or Saitama. Seems like all of them are gonna be stomps...

I'm basically fine with everything. Only minor thing I have is in Saitama's Accelerated Development key, where it says that he grows stronger every day based on the VGS simulator. I'm more reluctant to accept that evidence since Saitama believed that the simulator was faulty and unreliable, and he also stated to King in the manga that he didn't believe that he could get any stronger than he already was. So while there's clear evidence of Accelerated Development during his fight with Garou, I don't think conclusions should be drawn to say he grows stronger every day.
Nah, he does grow stronger everyday. Narration confirms this.

16.png
17.png

Note it says "soars exponentially". It implies it was always growing, it just shot up massively due to the emotions he felt.

I just don't think its enough for him to one shot himself from yesterday without that last bit there.

I'll just cut out the middle man.

Though while I'm not 100% on the chart, I do think its good enough to say they should each easily upscale to the full value of the Serious Punch clash.
Oh 58 times is less than I expected, but more than the minimum I estimated at least
anyways since apparently someone already did the math, I think that shows that it is mathematically possible to find a multiplier from start to finish
of course I’d be arguing a “possibly 3-C” for future Saitama instead of an absolute due to the nature of the graph possibly just coming from Garou’s mind, less so due to the mechanics of it being accurate and more due to the reliability of the source
tho given Garou’s knowledge of energy I’d say he’s pretty reliable
though it would be funny to do the “at least 4-A likely far higher” again just to keep that trend going

I think it was just referring to how unbelievably strong he was in general, and no one could really compare his strength to anyone else due to that unfathomable strength.
Narration in that says:

His intense emotions are why he got so much stronger. He didn't "naturally" gain that level of boost.
I don't think so, it says his rate of growth was unnoticed, it was always growing, just that no one could tell due to him being so above everyone. It doesn't say "shot up again", it doesn't talk about his strength getting higher or anything to that effect. It specifically states his rate of growth. The part on his rate of growth and the soar exponentially are not two exclusive statements to each other. They talk about the same thing.

I'm not arguing he gets that level of boost always, just that he does get stronger passively to an unquantifiable level without those emotions.

Last edited:
I guess the only other problem I might have with the scaling is that Garou is only 4-A while in Saitama Mode, even though his regular form could withstand Serious Punches from Saitama. I don’t see why Saitama would hold back any more than he did before.

I don’t see why Saitama would hold back any more than he did before.
Well, he does explain it at the end. The kid said save Garou and not kill him. So he didn't kill him.

For the context of the thread if we are using the graph and it is accepted then Garou wouldn't change much but Saitama would get a 3-C rating unless he lost his physical boost for some reason.

Well, he does explain it at the end. The kid said save Garou and not kill him. So he didn't kill him.

For the context of the thread if we are using the graph and it is accepted then Garou wouldn't change much but Saitama would get a 3-C rating unless he lost his physical boost for some reason.
Garou wouldn't increase 18x? That would be enough for a 3-C too

I see. I don’t believe the graph should be used since it was most likely just to show a basic example of what Garou was trying to illustrate, but it makes sense that Saitama promised not to kill Garou.

Still, right now I’m just thinking about any characters that can be pitted against Saitama or Garou. Only characters I can think of with really strong RE and the same tiers are DBZ characters. However, Garou’s portals are annoying since he can just BFR any opponents. It’s just such a hassle…

Its actually super funny/sad, but Garou would be something like 1.00008x below baseline or something like that.

To do the math
  • 18.19047619 * 5.589497e+64 Joules = 1.0167561209257643e+66 Joules
  • Baseline 3-C = 1.053e+66 Joules
  • 1.053e+66 / 1.0167561209257643e+66 = 1.03564x below baseline 3-C
💀

But we have him at 5-a for the grb, this is literally after he copied saitama
He only copied Casual Saitama. He mentions this against Blast. You can even see in his "Saitama Mode" face. The first time he uses it he has the dumb casual face, after Saitama gets Serious he has the sharp serious face.

I can maybe see using the graph. But the doubling in strength thing should 100% not be used.
There's probably a mathematic equation that can show how many times stronger someone has to be to the point where even copying them at any given moment you'd still not be able to measure them the next.

There was no one left who could measure what level Saitama has reached
Well, this seems to tell me there should be at least a 8x multiplier gap but apparently, this isn't how we treat multipliers here so I guess this likely won't get past.

Also unrelated but right after this narrative statement, Saitama should've destroyed more than just the Gas on Jupiter lol.

Well, this seems to tell me there should be at least a 8x multiplier gap but apparently, this isn't how we treat multipliers here so I guess this likely won't get past.

Also unrelated but right after this narrative statement, Saitama should've destroyed more than just the Gas on Jupiter lol.
That’s kinda why I don’t like the 4-A feat. I mean, I’ve already accepted that it happened, but they should’ve gone to another solar system if that’s how powerful they both were.

Saitama should've destroyed more than just the Gas on Jupiter lol.
Well there's always that chance that Murata/ONE didn't intend for them to destroy any stars. In which case the sneeze would make more sense in that context.

Before someone jerks kneejerked triggered I'm not suggesting a 4-A change, but that would be the prime reason for the scale of the event regarding the sneeze.

Saitama does get stronger every day, just not a lot compared to the growth he gained during his fight with Garou. It was literally stated.

His rate of growth, which had gone unnoticed by anyone since there was nobody remotely on par with his strength suddenly began to soar exponentially due to an upsurge of emotion like none he had ever experienced.

-Saitama is always getting stronger. Nobody is noticed the difference (himself included) because he stomps them regardless
-Saitama's growth is much higher than usual now because an upsurge of emotions and because he's having an actual challenge

Ignoring this is either you choosing to ignore the manga or you just having bad reading comprehension 🗿

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back