• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man Multipliers

There are a view examples of multipliers that I think we can use for scaling.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Therefir/One-Punch_Man:_Battle_Suit

This feat was not done at full power.

https://prnt.sc/qq0d8b

Only the arm of the suit is powered up.

https://prnt.sc/qq0dkf

https://prnt.sc/qq0eah

We see here in two different situations when the suits are at full power they are fully hulked out.

Hammerhead even acknowledges he hasn't seen the full power of the suit at the time. I think 2x is a modest estimation although I think it should be more personally. Since it is a powered up arm vs a powered up body.

This would scale to Iaian and the other disciples since they fought the suits at full power. I believe DoS should also scale since she is capable of damaging the armor.

Also her power is stated to be hypnosis through pain so she is hurting them through their suits.

http://prntscr.com/qq0f8v

We had the Deep Sea King's rain empowered form to be around 2x as well since we upscaled him to baseline High 7-C from Genos's feat when it was just 51 KT (also factoring the 2 upgrades Genos got between his feat and his fight with Deep Sea King.)

http://prntscr.com/qq0gdm

Puri Puri Prisoner also has an explicitly stated multiplier and an exact one compared to the estimates above.

That seems fine, in my opinion, and Hammerhead is clearly far larger and stronger than his goons. Do-S never actually damaged the armour and likely only caused pain to the people wearing the suits.

Pri-Pri-Prisoner is circularly scaled to Deep Sea King in the first place, and when he went full power DSK implies it made little to no difference. However, he's stronger tha Hammerhead (Sonic hadn't seen his full strength and believed Saitama was a member of the Paradisers) while using less than half his power, since his sweater was still intact until he ripped it up while transforming. So I think we should scale him to that instead.

To be fair to Puri, he did damage his jaw at half power.

And Sea King was actually guarding vs his full power onslaught.

So Puri Puri Prisoner is above 1.18 KT with less than half his power.

So like a little over 2x that for his AP? So that makes him around 4 KT as a rough but modest estimation.

And post training he's above 200 KT with less than half of his power for curb stomping a monster that is equal to the Deep Sea King.

4 kilotons is a bit of a jump from 2.36. Now that I think about it, how about at most Large Town level?

2x is fine, in my opinion, but there should be more input.

Edit: Now that I think about it, the suits don't really increase their power two-fold, he's just using it with one arm, like a normal punch.

By "not at full power" I'm pretty sure he means he hasn't seen the suit fully buffed up instead of one arm. The AP should still remain the same. It's not like buffing up the entire suit is suddenly going to make the already buffed up parts even stronger.

I told you, that relies on circular scaling.

Oh yeah. I'll wait for confirmation on the whole at most thing.

Ok. Why'd he even be twice as powerful? There seems to be no evidence of this.

Well the scaling chain is

BoS Genos (113 KT)<Post HoE/Meteor Arc Genos<Dry Deep Sea King<Wet Deep Sea King<<<<Post G4 Genos

So what point would they reach 200 KT?

When they're explicitly twice as strong, such as overpowering a character using both arms with one.

As a note, I wouldn't put Genos below a Dry DSK. He was going to to toe with him with a missing arm and only lost when he body blocked for a child. They have very comparable speed and strength.

Speaking of durable faces and whatnot,

Shouldn`t genos get a Higher with his head rating on durability? Face ripper was able to damage his arms, but when he tried to hit his head it was undamaged and broke his knives. Later on mutated Fuhrer ugly also dismantles his body quite easily, but has trouble breaking his brain capsule.

Qawsedf234 said:
As a note, I wouldn't put Genos below a Dry DSK. He was going to to toe with him with a missing arm and only lost when he body blocked for a child. They have very comparable speed and strength.
Isn't there another upgrade between the meteor and the DSK arc? That's the only reason I put him above that version of Genos.

I don't believe so. At least outside of the standard minor cosmetic changes Genos usually gets.

So does anyone think there should still be any sort of multiplier between Sea King forms?

Like we had previously.

If nothing else I find Tets' point about PPP's multiplier to be interesting. Given what we've seen on panel, I would say he has a canonical 4x multiplier, with 25% reperesented by him being slim enough to wear a sweater, 50% represented by him buffing up to rip said sweater, and 100% represented by him buffing up enough to shred his prisoner uniform completely, or Angel Mode.

Would buff his MA Raid Arc self up to 455,648 Tons if it gets accepted.

25% is an assumption, though. It's just an unknown amount lower than 50.

I used 25% as a fair midpoint, since any amount below 50% could be 40% just as much as it could be 10%. So 25% is a balance between high and low. I'd say as well that his body appears to buff up to 50% about as much as it does when buffing up to 100%, from what I can tell.

That's still a made up number. Just under 50%. You can apply any logic, I could even say it's 10%.

Interestingly, in Chapter 105, he never actually loses his clothes by increasing his power. It's only damage taken during the fight with his former "comrades" and Nyan.

I know, but 25% at least gives equal measure to both high and low ends. Surely that's the most fair option available to us?

I've just checked the chapter, PPP doesn't actually increase his power by increasing his output to 50/100% (I don't think he's done that at all throughout the entire arc yet). The actual method presented in that chapter was a newly discovered tehcnique he dubbed Vibration Angel, in which his body takes accumulated battle damage and uses it to increase his base level power without having to increase his muscle mass.

Back