• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: Minor Pri-Pri-Prisoner additions, chapter 115.

KGiffoni

VS Battles
Retired
In chapter 115 we see PPP tanking 5 attacks from half-monster Garou (who is 7-B, possibly 7-A). We also see him using bristle armor to defend it.

https://********.org/chapter/695208/7

https://********.org/chapter/695208/8

Oh, there's also what could be interpreted as a fear manip (fear inducement) feat by Garou, we see PPP saying he can't get up. The illustration makes the reader interpret he can't get up by fear, on pages 8 and 9. You could also interpret it as him being too injured to stand up, but we only see injuries in his face.

KGiffoni said:
Oh, there's also what could be interpreted as a fear manip (fear inducement) feat by Garou, we see PPP saying he can't get up. The illustration makes the reader interpret he can't get up by fear, on pages 8 and 9. You could also interpret it as him being too injured to stand up, but we only see injuries in his face.
Amai Mask should have fear inducement too from his webcomic feat.

>Tanking

The five shots went through his hair armor and he was incapable of even moving due to the damage. That isn't tanking anything.

> Oh, there's also what could be interpreted as a fear manip (fear inducement) feat by Garou, we see PPP saying he can't get up

He says in the panel right before that he took severe damage from that attack rush. It has nothing to do with fear manipulation but being horribly damaged.

I will say that giving him a seperate defense rating with his hair armor should be fine though.

Oh, alright. I tought surviving an attack was equal to tanking it. But yeah, add that into his profile plus the Amai Mask fear inducement as well, please.

Tanking has various definitions I guess. But the one I've seen for the most part is the ability to easily recover from an attack.

For the defense rating just make sure that only the armor scales to Garou rather than PPP himself.

Yeah, something like this should be fine:

Durability: Town level+ | At least Large Town level (Survived an attack from Nyan, a Dragon-level threat monster); City level with bristle armor (took hits from half-moster Garou and survived)

It's cool to see verses where characters clearly develop their power as well as their personalities.

Is looking scary really fear inducement though? If so then yeah I guess he can.

If it can cause instant paralyzation it should be good enough to count as fear inducement, afaik. By instance, it's what Yujiro (from the Bakiverse) does, and it's counted as fear inducement.

This brings me a question, shouldn't Amai Mask have two keys? One for his "normal" self and one for his ""monster"" form or something?

Qawsedf234 said:
Is looking scary really fear inducement though? If so then yeah I guess he can.
The fear manip seems more like causing fear to other creatures by instinct, as the other idols couldn't even understand why their bodies started shivering out of sudden.

I'm holding of my comments about Puri Puri till I better know how strong is half monster Garou is at this point. Garou's current strength will be better scaled when he fights his next opponent, Darkshine. I don't know how much Murata is going to up scale the fight, considering how much he up scaled Child Emperor's fight as well as the rest of the S class.

I really am not sure what level of strength Puri Puri just took and continued to breath after that.

@Qawsedf

So what needs to be changed here?

Causing fear through instinct is more likely Social Influencing than fear manip, it's normally an exaggerated form of "this guys presence alone send shivers down the spine". Fear manipulation I believe is more a variation of actual empathic manipulation than just being a super intimidating person

I think that Andy makes sense in that regard.

Antvasima said:
@Qawsedf

So what needs to be changed here?
PPP's second key's durability gets a seperate rating for the hair armor that's 7-B.

Okay. That seems fine. Are you willing to apply it?

Thank you. Is there anything left to do here, or should we close this?

PPP is concluded, but Amai Mask still needs that fear inducement/social influencing.

As i said earlier, it's similar to what Yujiro does in the Bakiverse, people weaker than him get paralyzed by fear and it's considered fear inducement, even if the same doesn't happen to people on his level or close to it. I don't see why it shouldn't be considered fear inducement here, since it's pretty similar.

What chapter did it happen so I can reread it. Maybe I'm remembering it differently or something.

Correction! Actually, it's not listed as fear inducement. It's listed as Paralysis Inducement.

It goes like this: his aura causes those weaker than him to be frightned to the point they're paralyzed.

Fear manip is odd for me as a lot of characters get it by raw intimidation, making psycho faces, by acting scary, or by having a strong aura who freaks out those weaker than them.

The times where it`s given by a super power akin to empathic manip are actually pretty uncommon.

Several wrongs do not make a right. It should preferably strictly be given to characters that cause fear via supernatural means, as far as I am aware.

Back