• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: God Tier Speed Upgrade

Gah-lee man! That's some insane pixel scaling. Good work. If it's accepted (which it is), then I don't see why it shouldn't be added.

That's to be discussed in here, as the calc in general was accepted.

Currently, the 13 millisecond figure is accepted and being used for the old calc. However, due to the reasoning in the blog, the 1 millisecond timeframe may also work.

This is fine, but wasn't there a CRT that was gonna scale Garou and Saitama's speed to their shockwaves destroying the distant stars? Or was that rejected.

I believe that was rejected due to the shockwave having been vectored, which would have increased its speed by a lot (the same reason water in a hose would be faster if you were to obstruct part of its path with your thumb).

I agree. Also, I don't see the reason why we can't use the latter timeframe. If anything, it makes far more sense.

Because an inferior version of Garou used that timeframe for a feat. Ngl it's a bit iffy but I can see an argument for it.
It is a bit iffy. Really the calc could be treated as being a single second for being a 'brief timeframe' and it would be just as valid.

I'm also a bit iffy on the 13 millisecond timeframe based on the justification of it being a similar feat.

I feel like the 1 millisecond timeframe in that way, however, works better. We know that Saitama moved a greater distance than Garou (shown here). We also know that at up until after the constellation was made around Io, Saitama was moving far faster than Garou could perceive.

In a timeframe of 1 millisecond, Garou could use and combine all of his martial arts style, actively speed up, fight and clash with Platinum Sperm dozens of times, etc. Because of this, we know that before this panel, Saitama was moving around in a timeframe of at least 1 millisecond.

Just wanted to ask a silly question, if this scene got animated, and they take more timeframe then what's in manga, if that happens in future, would this feat will be recalculated again ?

Bumping this. Since grace is about to send in a couple of hours, I would just like to check in and see if the 1 ms timeframe is alright.

Bumping this. Since grace is about to send in a couple of hours, I would just like to check in and see if the 1 ms timeframe is alright.
Not in favor of that. There's not enough supporting evidence for Saitama moving the entire distance in just 1 ms.

Well, considering my post above, I don't think it's far fetched to say he did.
In a timeframe of 1 millisecond, Garou could use and combine all of his martial arts style, actively speed up, fight and clash with Platinum Sperm dozens of times, etc. Because of this, we know that before this panel, Saitama was moving around in a timeframe of at least 1 millisecond.

Garou being able to do all of that in a millisecond does not mean that Saitama absolutely had to traverse the entire 521948294.04804 meter distance in a millisecond. Saitama is repeatedly hitting Garou thousands of times here and overwhelming him. It's not that Garou is completely unable to react to the thousands of hits; it's that he's being hit again and again and again before he can eventually get a moment to recover.

Garou being repeatedly blitzed does not mean that the 1 millisecond assumption is a necessary one.

Garou being able to do all of that in a millisecond does not mean that Saitama absolutely had to traverse the entire 521948294.04804 meter distance in a millisecond. Saitama is repeatedly hitting Garou thousands of times here and overwhelming him. It's not that Garou is completely unable to react to the thousands of hits; it's that he's being hit again and again and again before he can eventually get a moment to recover.

Garou being repeatedly blitzed does not mean that the 1 millisecond assumption is a necessary one.
My point wasn't necessarily that Garou couldn't react. It was that he couldn't perceive/see Saitama due to his sheer speed. If Garou is capable of doing tens to hundreds of actions and see enemies moving around hundreds if not thousands of meters within 1 millisecond, it's not a stretch to say Saitama was moving all of that distance within that timeframe.

My point wasn't necessarily that Garou couldn't react. It was that he couldn't perceive/see Saitama due to his sheer speed. If Garou is capable of doing tens to hundreds of actions and see enemies moving around hundreds if not thousands of meters within 1 millisecond, it's not a stretch to say Saitama was moving all of that distance within that timeframe.
Yes, but he's not perceiving Saitama over the entire distance here is my point. Not being able to see Saitama moving hundreds or thousands of meters directly around him for each punch he delivers isn't the same thing as assuming the entire distance Saitama travelled was covered in just a millisecond.

Yes, but he's not perceiving Saitama over the entire distance here is my point. Not being able to see Saitama moving hundreds or thousands of meters directly around him for each punch he delivers isn't the same thing as assuming the entire distance Saitama travelled was covered in just a millisecond.
It is the same, though. If an earlier, slower Garou can perceive tons of movements in a millisecond, why would a millisecond not be usable for the timeframe of moving across a given distance so quickly that a faster Garou can’t perceive you?

Could you reword this? I'm not sure if I properly understand what you're trying to say here.

Could you reword this? I'm not sure if I properly understand what you're trying to say here.
I had a feeling I was wording it badly, haha. It's pretty late now but I'll try and reword my argument here tomorrow morning if nobody else does it by then.

Back