• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: Dragon Level Monsters Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threat levels are based on how much a single thing can impact the function or survivability of a group of people, a city, multiple cities or all of humanity. You can be a Dragon level threat by having some wide AoE ability or by being strong enough that you'll be able the threaten multiple cities.
That doesn't really talk about whether it needs to be one-shot or over time. It could be anything. So ONE saying that Beefcake could have become higher if he caused more damage lines up with it since he can be a threat to multiple cities if he runs around without constraints.

Precisely. Hence why the main argument for this thread has been debunked.

Anyway, as for this CRT specifically, I disagree with scaling all Dragon levels to the full value of the crater's DC. I thought I should make that clear.

Noted. Now it is three staff disagreements so far.

Just waiting on the others to respond to the counter-argument.

The quote from the author actually really works against the basis of this CRT.

Let's examine this, okay?:

What does ONE say will happen here?

Without Saitama's intervention, Marugori will continue to cause destruction and his Disaster level will be upgraded to Dragon level.

Is it stated that Marugori will increase in power? No.

All that is stated is that the damage done by him will increase.

Which means that Marugori would have been upgraded to a Dragon level threat while his Attack Potency is still 13.822 Megatons AKA City level.

Which means this argument that all Dragon level threats must inherently possess AP surpassing the total energy required to creater the crater... is wrong.
Ah oof. I suppose this makes sense.

Thank you for responding.

@Kachon123 There are now more staff disagreements than staff agreements. Are you okay for the changes to be reverted now?

Yea, I'm against this upgrade. The scaling based on threat level is rather iffy and not the best way to determine strength in the first place, as there are some monsters with Dragon level threats who get that rating based on their abilities rather than their actual strength, like Withered Sprout. The argument here is that Marugori would've been upgraded to Dragon level if Saitama hadn't intervened. A dragon-level threat specifically means that it's a monster that can threaten multiple cities, which is what would've happened had Saitama not intervened. We also don't know how well the other S-class heroes would've been able to handle Marugori. If he was easily defeated by some of the top-tier S-class heroes, then that would give more credence to the idea that most Dragon-level threats were stronger than him and that he really was only as strong as a regular Demon-level threat, but if it took a lot of effort from some S-class heroes to fight him, then it would show that he was a strong as most other Dragon-level threats.

Bottom-line, there's no real evidence that Marugori is much weaker than regular Dragon-level monsters or that other Dragon-level monsters would be capable of causing similar destruction.

Yea, I'm against this upgrade. The scaling based on threat level is rather iffy and not the best way to determine strength in the first place, as there are some monsters with Dragon level threats who get that rating based on their abilities rather than their actual strength, like Withered Sprout. The argument here is that Marugori would've been upgraded to Dragon level if Saitama hadn't intervened. A dragon-level threat specifically means that it's a monster that can threaten multiple cities, which is what would've happened had Saitama not intervened. We also don't know how well the other S-class heroes would've been able to handle Marugori. If he was easily defeated by some of the top-tier S-class heroes, then that would give more credence to the idea that most Dragon-level threats were stronger than him and that he really was only as strong as a regular Demon-level threat, but if it took a lot of effort from some S-class heroes to fight him, then it would show that he was a strong as most other Dragon-level threats.

Bottom-line, there's no real evidence that Marugori is much weaker than regular Dragon-level monsters or that other Dragon-level monsters would be capable of causing similar destruction.
Iirc Withered Sprout being a dragon level was an exageration by the Surly Brothers and the agreed disaster level by the HA was Tiger instead.

I must admit that AKM and Damage are making more sense here, especially with how all this lines up with the rankings considering overtime feats without much consideration for how long it took for those feats to be done (hence the "if Saitama hadn't intervened")

Everybody has chosen to completely ignore me so I’m just going to remind you that the original post is debunked, and I’ve been using better reasoning

Everybody has chosen to completely ignore me so I’m just going to remind you that the original post is debunked, and I’ve been using better reasoning
Your reasoning is not accepted for the same reason the OP's is not accepted.

I can’t tell if you people just didn’t read mine or are clueless about this, but I’d have you giving an actual counterargument before just saying I’m wrong

I can’t tell if you people just didn’t read mine or are clueless about this, but I’d have you giving an actual counterargument before just saying I’m wrong
I read though the whole thread once again before arriving at this conclusion. Dismissing anyone who disagrees with you as "clueless" or "not reading" isn't the best approach

I read though the whole thread once again before arriving at this conclusion. Dismissing anyone who disagrees with you as "clueless" or "not reading" isn't the best approach
I’m quite blatantly not being dismissive, I am asking for a counterargument like any reasonable person would, and as you are a reasonable person, you are obligated to give such a counterargument to my argument. If anything, the people who just made a chain calling me wrong are being dismissive, as they oppose my claim without giving a reason why.

The original post alone has been long debunked since damage first came, and I conceded that, but the other argument has nothing to do with the OP’s reasoning, so you have to actually explain what you think is an issue with what I said

For some it will be simple. Just scale Fuhrer Ugly to be > Amai Mask and Tank-Top Master, as an example.

The rest I'll look at case-by-case. For now though, I think there is more than enough staff disagreement, so I'll revert the changes that have been done already.

For some it will be simple. Just scale Fuhrer Ugly to be > Amai Mask and Tank-Top Master, as an example.

The rest I'll look at case-by-case. For now though, I think there is more than enough staff disagreement, so I'll revert the changes that have been done already.
The problem is that a lot of S classes scale to the dragon level monsters so if you remove disaster level scaling pretty much everyone except a few characters are left with no rating.

The problem is that a lot of S classes scale to the dragon level monsters so if you remove disaster level scaling pretty much everyone except a few characters are left with no rating.
Then we'll have some Unknowns, or characters who aren't noteworthy enough to have a profile.

I'll say that threat ratings that are given via being strong do exist somewhat. And I think those should still be usable to some extent.

Bakuzan is rated as a Dragon level by despite not causing any destruction, since Gouketsu recognized his strength right there as being Dragon level. Which means Dragon level threats are at least stronger than Choze (7-C+), as Bakuzan was recognized as a Dragon level threat in terms of power while Choze was not.

That was just an example.

This shouldn't auto scale to all Dragon levels. It depends on how they achieved their Dragon rating. The Monster Association's threat levels seem to be more power focused. So their Dragon levels should all be stronger than their own Demon levels. Bug God and Royal Ripper are inferior to any of the Cadres for example.

I don't think that would be an issue or hard to believe at all. The scaling isn't going to be decided here, but in a future CRT.

Apologies for derailing like this, just wanted to say that. I'll save any future discussion for the future CRT.

You’ve been warned about hounding people who disagree multiple times before, Ziller. You need to stop.

Anyway, I suppose Damage and AKM make sense, but if they intend to remove disaster level scaling, I hope they’ll have a solution for how to replace it as well.
I am not going to accept this as a valid warning in any capacity. All I am doing is asking for a counterargument, one which has not been given despite repeatedly directly requesting one, and absolutely nobody has brought up anything
I am not “hounding” people, I am being completely ignored for no reason. And you need to cut it out with this idea that I’m being aggressive, it’s just asking for reasoning, like everyone else does. That is it. In fact you have repeatedly ignored me as well while instantly resorting to an unjustifiable threat against me, and still have not provided the argument I asked for.

I'll say that threat ratings that are given via being strong do exist somewhat. And I think those should still be usable to some extent.

Bakuzan is rated as a Dragon level by despite not causing any destruction, since Gouketsu recognized his strength right there as being Dragon level. Which means Dragon level threats are at least stronger than Choze (7-C+), as Bakuzan was recognized as a Dragon level threat in terms of power while Choze was not.

This shouldn't auto scale to all Dragon levels. It depends on how they achieved their Dragon rating. The Monster Association's threat levels seem to be more power focused. So their Dragon levels should all be stronger than their own Demon levels. Bug God and Royal Ripper are inferior to any of the Cadres for example.

I don't think that would be an issue or hard to believe at all. The scaling isn't going to be decided here, but in a future CRT.

Apologies for derailing like this, just wanted to say that. I'll save any future discussion for the future CRT.
This is also something that I brought up as well. If the claim is that threat levels are based on the amount of destruction they’ve output, then characters who haven’t destroyed anything being defaulted to dragon level would mean that they scale above beefcake’s entire crater. Beefcake was demon level through his sheer power, and would have been bumped up to dragon based on the destruction he’s caused, so something dragon level by default would be 7-A through sheer power, but may go on to do tier 6 levels of damage to their surroundings over time

In my view any Disater Raring given by the MA is fine to use for strength scaling. Since it was explicitly mentioned by Psykos that is what she was basing her ratings on.

But HA Dragon level threats would have to be treated differently in some capacity.

But MA ratings are based on HA ones

In any case the best Demon level feat from the MA we have is the building bopper monster blowing up some buildings I think

In my view any Disater Raring given by the MA is fine to use for strength scaling. Since it was explicitly mentioned by Psykos that is what she was basing her ratings on.

But HA Dragon level threats would have to be treated differently in some capacity.
So again, we should scale monster association dragon levels above the beefcrater, since it’s not based on the destruction they cause but raw strength

So again, we should scale monster association dragon levels above the beefcrater, since it’s not based on the destruction they cause but raw strength
No. How many times do we have to tell you that's not how this works?

No. How many times do we have to tell you that's not how this works?
Until you can produce a counterargument that actually relates to mine. Saying something doesn’t work doesn’t mean it doesn’t work, for the past 5 hours all you’ve done is state your opinion at me expecting it to change what I think when you have completely dodged actually explaining why you claim I’m wrong. So I ask you again, what is your counterargument, will you actually explain what it is, or will you continue dismissing me completely

Dunno if this helps but Disaster ratings were stated to be based on aggression, destructive power and difficulty of extermination
Ok so this is a blessing and a curse for the agreeing side
1. Beefcake would have been raised to dragon level due to increased aggression via becoming more destructive, meaning his destructive power was not enough of a threat to be dragon
2. Because this does include difficulty of extermination and aggression, some of the dragon levels could just be really hard to get rid of (Sperm) insanely aggressive (Garou is a hero hunter and actively wants to fight the S class) and power (orochi)

So I’m gonna have to say that my previous logic no longer applies, the opposition wins
it’s really this simple to contribute to a counterpoint, take notes everyone

so how is shit gonna get scaled now
the verse has just been ruined thanks to threat level scaling being unviable, we literally have nothing else
everyone's gonna be shit tier, like 8-A or some shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back