• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: Dragon Level Monsters Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this blog, the crater Beefcake made in chapter 3 of One-Punch Man was calculated and accepted. Although the crater itself was found to be ~110 megatons (7-A), that value had to be divided by 8, as it took Beefcake 8 strikes to create it.

Since all of the damage caused by Beefcake while he was still alive was still not enough to grant him a Dragon level disaster level, all Dragon level monsters and characters comparable to them should scale above the full value of the crater.

I was going to disagree because I thought that his final feat never got a disaster level, but a OPM databook still ranks him as demon, so I agree.

I was going to disagree because I thought that his final feat never got a disaster level, but a OPM databook still ranks him as demon, so I agree.
Even if the databook didn't rank him as a demon, ONE quite literally stated that the damage caused by Beefcake wasn't enough to grant him a Dragon level disaster class.

In this blog, the crater Beefcake made in chapter 3 of One-Punch Man was calculated and accepted. Although the crater itself was found to be ~110 megatons (7-A), that value had to be divided by 8, as it took Beefcake 8 strikes to create it.

Since all of the damage caused by Beefcake while he was still alive was still not enough to grant him a Dragon level disaster level, all Dragon level monsters and characters comparable to them should scale above the full value of the crater.
Good job! I completely agree! Though it does say that Beefcake would have become a Dragon level threat if Saitama didn't intervene. Also do keep in mind that these Q&A's are full of contradictory information. A few lines down One says that a fight between Mob and Tastumaki would be close which is obviously not true.

Good job! I completely agree! Though it does say that Beefcake would have become a Dragon level threat if Saitama didn't intervene.
Because he would have caused more damage. The damage that he dealt while he was still alive wasn't enough to warrant Disaster Level Dragon
ONE: If Saitama wasn't there, the damage done by Marugori will increase and his disaster level will be upgraded to dragon

Since two staff have agreed, I consider this accepted. This can be closed and added (by someone else preferably as it's quite late at night for me and I'd rather get more than 4 hours of sleep tonight)

WDM isn't locked for autoconfirmed users.

Anyway, I've opened the others. You'll have to contact someone else to close them, since I'm off to bed now.

The guy was immediately killed after creating that crater so there wasn't time for his Disaster level to be re-evaluated.

Also, since when does 1 Dragon level Monster become the baseline level that all Dragon level Monsters are judged off? Golden Sperm was a Dragon level threat too; shall we scale all Dragon level threats to be equal to him?

I disagree with this upgrade. @Qawsedf234 What do you think?

The guy was immediately killed after creating that crater so there wasn't time for his Disaster level to be re-evaluated.

Also, since when does 1 Dragon level Monster become the baseline level that all Dragon level Monsters are judged off? Golden Sperm was a Dragon level threat too; shall we scale all Dragon level threats to be equal to him?

beefcake was demon level, that's the entire basis of the crt
had he done more, he would have been dragon, but that's blatantly not enough as shown by the literal author statement

Reactions: Sus

What? He was only considered demon during the time he was alive. He never did anything worthy of being called a dragon level threat when he was alive.

He only would have been re evaluated if he had stayed alive longer and caused further damage.

What? He was only considered demon during the time he was alive. He never did anything worthy of being called a dragon level threat when he was alive.

He only would have been re evaluated if he had stayed alive longer and caused further damage.
Yes, that's my point. He was immediately killed after creating the crater. For all we know he could have been rated Dragon level off of that feat alone but he was killed too quickly.

Yes, that's my point. He was immediately killed after creating the crater. For all we know he could have been rated Dragon level off of that feat alone but he was killed too quickly.
my brother in christ it's an author statement, the in-universe time constraints don't matter

my brother in christ it's an author statement, the in-universe time constraints don't matter
That statement doesn't say that the crater feat is not enough for him to be raised to Dragon level.

This CRT is taking an approach that is too overly simplistic.

It's saying Marugori's Crater Feat = Demon level

Dragon level > Demon level

Therefore all Dragon level monsters > Marugori's Crater Feat.

Which I consider to be highly suspect powerscaling that ignores any and all context.

I mean even post mortem he was still evaluated as Demon level so

That statement doesn't say that the crater feat is not enough for him to be raised to Dragon level.

This CRT is taking an approach that is too overly simplistic.

It's saying Marugori's Crater Feat = Demon level

Dragon level > Demon level

Therefore all Dragon level monsters > Marugori's Crater Feat.

Which I consider to be highly suspect powerscaling that ignores any and all context.
It specifically says that the damage needed to increase, not that they needed to wait longer to acccurately update

“Who would bother changing the disaster level of a dead monster?”

Don’t they literally have guidebooks to the heroes and monsters within the universe, the one Tareo has? Realistically stuff like that would be documented obviously. But again, it’s an author statement so this is just a derail tier argument.

Also, who says that a Dragon level monster could even re-create that crater in one attack?

Even if we accepted that a Demon level monster could create that amount of damage in eight hits... That doesn't prove that a Dragon level monster could do it in one hit.

This CRT requires some serious re-evaluation.

Also, who says that a Dragon level monster could even re-create that crater in one attack?

Even if we accepted that a Demon level monster could create that amount of damage in eight hits... That doesn't prove that a Dragon level monster could do it in one hit.

This CRT requires some serious re-evaluation.
Then make a crt to get rid of threat level scaling and ruin the verse
that issue is something to be brought up elsewhere, this is just a crt going with the system that’s currently being used, so make a separate downgrade crt to remove threat level scaling

Then make a crt to get rid of threat level scaling and ruin the verse
that issue is something to be brought up elsewhere, this is just a crt going with the system that’s currently being used, so make a separate downgrade crt to remove threat level scaling
This isn't about threat scaling; this is about the issue with this CRT specifically.

The logic that is being proposed here isn't supported by evidence.

"Because a Demon level threat monster did this attack with eight punches, a Dragon level threat should be able to do it one."

Hell no. That isn't supported anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back