• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: Dragon Level Monsters Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well saying this would just basically be saying get rid of threat level scaling, since any 8-B character can do 7-A damage over an extended period of time
Bingo. You have now realized the issue with this proposal.

Bingo. You have now realized the issue with this proposal.
And I think it’s nitpicky and stupid, and should be handled in another thread cause of the controversial implications
anyways we can still find 7-A characters on case by case basis depending on how fast they get ranked as dragon, and then just scale that shit
so the same thing, except it’s just gonna be more annoying to get the scans for
thanks

We can do another thread later on, that's fine. Important thing for now is that this thread is tackled first and the changes reverted.

Yes, that's my point. He was immediately killed after creating the crater. For all we know he could have been rated Dragon level off of that feat alone but he was killed too quickly.
In canon a monster's ratings has been changed after their death. Them dying doesn't mean anything, their rating can indeed change with an evaluation.

Such as Withered Sprout going from Wolf level to Tiger level after dying. While the HA can lie about Monster ratings to protect their image, I don't see how labeling Beefcake as a Dragon level threat would hurt their image in any way.

Especially when the statement we have says Beefcake didn't cause enough destruction to be rated Dragon level. Which means the crater isn't Dragon level worthy.

However I completely agree that it's highly suspect to say a Dragon level threat can do this in just one hit when this took multiple strikes. Especially since Beefcake is a Dragon level threat and the HA just doesn't know that he is Dragon level. This would imply he can perform the feat with one hit, despite him taking multiple hits.

Unless we're saying Beefcake was getting stronger? But I don't believe that has any support to it. Just that he would've caused more damage, not getting stronger.

I'll say the original 7-B scaling is better than the 7-A scaling.

Honestly I'm iffy with the threat level scaling in general, I mean it doesn't seem very reliable.

Threat level scaling is the only thing keeping this verse from becoming an incomprehensibly lowballed mess
this is the worst possible way that this crt could be going

Threat level scaling is the only thing keeping this verse from becoming an incomprehensibly lowballed mess
We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Imo we should ideally not use those for scaling and just have everyone scale to their own feats

I disagree with this upgrade. @Qawsedf234 What do you think?
Since Beefcake is such an early monster I feel like he usually sorta feel to the wayside.

But in terms of upscaling, if it should exist, it would need to be based on the guidebook crater numbers since that's what the HA canonically calculated it as.

Also, who says that a Dragon level monster could even re-create that crater in one attack?
Destructive Capacity =/= Attack Potency. You should know this Damage.

This is quite franky sad. Saying that dragon level monsters can't recreate that damage with a single attack is such a flawed reason to disagree.

Anyways, having 4 staff members agree and 1 disagree is still enough to have it go through.

True
the changes were applied before the opposition came, so it’d be best to just make a new thread, which would then be closed once I get enough time (and battery life) to find the necessary scans against it

Anyways, having 4 staff members agree and 1 disagree is still enough to have it go through.
The agreemments happened before I could even see the thread. The CRT was rushed through too quickly.

The agreemments happened before I could even see the thread. The CRT was rushed through too quickly.
Who says you have the final say? 4 staff members saw it and decided that it was okay to apply. You aren't the end-all-be-all. Just because you didn't see it, that doesn't mean that it's null.

Who says you have the final say? 4 staff members saw it and decided that it was okay to apply. You aren't the end-all-be-all. Just because you didn't see it, that doesn't mean that it's null.

A CRT getting rush through in 12 hours or so is not the end-all be-all either. And since most of the people agreeing haven't responded to or possibly haven't seen the counter-arguments yet, their votes cannot be held to be absolute.

Do you think it would be preferable if all of the changes were made and then undone afterwards, or if a potentially wrong thread was stopped in its tracks right now? Seems better not to waste more effort.

A CRT getting rush through in 12 hours or so is not the end-all be-all either. And since most of the people agreeing haven't responded to or possibly haven't seen the counter-arguments yet, their votes cannot be held to be absolute.

Do you think it would be preferable if all of the changes were made and then undone afterwards, or if a potentially wrong thread was stopped in its tracks right now? Seems better not to waste more effort.
Are you going to acknowledge my response to your attempt at a counter-argument, or are you just going to complain that the thread was "rushed through" despite it having multiple staff and non-staff opinions?

Are you going to acknowledge my response to your attempt at a counter-argument, or are you just going to complain that the thread was "rushed through" despite it having multiple staff and non-staff opinions?

I can do both.

I'll acknowledge your response soon; I just wanted to check with another Admin if it was okay to undo the applied edits so far.

just wanted to check with another Admin if it was okay to undo the applied edits so far.
That's an extremely dumb choice. 1 staff member can't overrule 4. That's just not how it works. Asking another admin wouldn't work either. You would have to reply to counter-arguments before even asking to overturn the CRT.

It is extremely self-centered and egotistical for you to think that you can do this without even addressing things said.

It is extremely self-centered and egotistical for you to think that you can do this without even addressing things said.

I don't think so; this is why staff exist, to moderate actions like this.

This is why, IIRC, there was a discussion rule proposed to ensure that CRT's stayed open 24 hours being applied, even if it recieved approval right away. So that other people would have the opportunity to see the thread (due to timezones and all) and have a chance to respond to it.

That's an extremely dumb choice. 1 staff member can't overrule 4. That's just not how it works. Asking another admin wouldn't work either. You would have to reply to counter-arguments before even asking to overturn the CRT.

And I have been responding to other people's post so far.

Good job! I completely agree! Though it does say that Beefcake would have become a Dragon level threat if Saitama didn't intervene. Also do keep in mind that these Q&A's are full of contradictory information. A few lines down One says that a fight between Mob and Tastumaki would be close which is obviously not true.
Well we did use the Mob and Tatsumaki comparison for a while, but we dropped it after the two series progressed more and they got vastly different levels of feats

This is why, IIRC, there was a discussion rule proposed to ensure that CRT's stayed open 24 hours being applied, even if it recieved approval right away. So that other people would have the opportunity to see the thread (due to timezones and all) and have a chance to respond to it.
Which is why this thread is still open?

I'd rather you actually respond to my counter than argue about wether to overturn the decision.

Which is why this thread is still open?

I'd rather you actually respond to my counter than argue about wether to overturn the decision.

Well your counter-argument is that "Destructive Capacity =/= Attack Potency."

But I don't see the relevance of that to this issue.

Your proposal is this:

"Since all of the damage caused by Beefcake while he was still alive was still not enough to grant him a Dragon level disaster level, all Dragon level monsters and characters comparable to them should scale above the full value of the crater."

But Beefcake produced that crater in multiple punches. No evidence has been presented that a Dragon level threat could recreate that with one attack.

If Beefcake doesn't scale to the full crater by himself, then something stronger than Beefcake doesn't necessarily scale to the full crater either.

No evidence has been presented that a Dragon level threat could recreate that with one attack.
This is the issue.

You're claiming that because a Dragon level threat doesn't have a feat on the scale of Beefcake's crater, they can't scale above it.

That's exactly AP =/= DC. They would have the AP, but not the same DC of the attack.

But Beefcake produced that crater in multiple punches. No evidence has been presented that a Dragon level threat could recreate that with one attack.

If Beefcake doesn't scale to the full crater by himself, then something stronger than Beefcake doesn't necessarily scale to the full crater either.
A 7-A crater not being enough to give Beefcake the Dragon level threat status is the important part. It’s not as if they’re paying attention to how many punches it took, they just see the crater. Essentially, it’s as if they see that 7-A crater itself and are like “a Dragon level threat could do better than that”

Oh yeah btw I support the upgrade

All damage Beefcake caused while alive = Not quite enough for him to be a dragon level threat

This is like saying Fuhrer Ugly (dragon level threat) can't scale above Vaccine Man's (demon level thread) 7-B explosion because he doesn't have any feats remotely near that scale.

This is the issue.

You're claiming that because a Dragon level threat doesn't have a feat on the scale of Beefcake's crater, they can't scale above it.

That's exactly AP =/= DC. They would have the AP, but not the same DC of the attack.
But that's precisely what you're arguing.

You're saying that "A 7-A crater isn't enough for a Mysterious Being to be rated Dragon level. This is because Dragon level Mysterious Beings can produce even bigger craters than the 7-A crater."

You can't say that destructive capacity has nothing to do with it when your entire argument is based on Destructive Capacity.

This is like saying Fuhrer Ugly (dragon level threat) can't scale above Vaccine Man's (demon level thread) 7-B explosion because he doesn't have any feats remotely near that scale.
I think the argument is more so that because a 7-B can cause 7-A damage over time, and beefcake would have been upgraded to dragon if he stayed alive, then dragon levels shouldn’t necessarily scale to the AP since they could have also reached that level of destruction through over time as opposed to doing so in 1 punch
but if we just have a scan of a monster being ranked dragon level before doing any damage, or being ranked dragon within a single punch, then the crt goes through regardless
so basically it’s just stalling, but 7-A is still completely valid

This is because Dragon level Mysterious Beings can produce even bigger craters than the 7-A crater.
This is a bit of a strawman because the argument is more that they’re stronger, not necessarily that they can make a bigger crater. Again with the whole AP =/= DC dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back