• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man CRT: Sun Blade Scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not really for the first proposal. If you take dozens of hit to over power one move that's a text book example of not full scaling to that attack. The second one makes sense but it relies on a lot of up scaling.

So if we're forced to have it all one way or have none of it, I'm solidly in the none of it camp. Death by a thousand cuts just means you don't have comparable AP.

I mean, if we go with the idea that you'd need to overpower the sphere's AP to even go through it, then every slash would be comparable, it's just that dispersing the ball took multiple.

overpower the sphere's AP
You don't. Zombieman's bullets and the A-Class heroes' blades could trigger the explosions on contact. They're not solid objects, they're orbs that explode when they hit something. Its why HE couldn't use them at close distances.

AS can cut the sphere, but he needed all those slashes to nullify the explosive blast. Which is why he can't fully scale.
Saitama death by a quintillion cuts via AS.
If something is able to scratch him, 100% yes. If you hit MCU Thanos with a quintillion 10 megaton sword swings Thanos is going to die.

The durability of the orb is completely irrelevant, the fact that AS was able to completely nullify the power and destructiveness of the sphere to the point its energy didn't affect the surroundings means only one thing: his attack carried equal or more power than HE's strongest energy sphere.

Dividing the power of HE's attack by 36 is completely ridiculous and should be deleted no matter what conclusion we reach here.

I'm not really for the first proposal. If you take dozens of hit to over power one move that's a text book example of not full scaling to that attack. The second one makes sense but it relies on a lot of up scaling.
It took Atomic Samurai many, many, many hits to "overpower" Psykos' beam. Does that mean we should divide the AP of the beam by the amount of hits it took? Obviously not. In the HE case, we see that Atomic Samurai is able to cut orb in half with one attack. We should use the same logic applied in the Psykos case in this, and scale Atomic Samurai to the orb.

The durability of the orb is completely irrelevant, the fact that AS was able to completely nullify the power and destructiveness of the sphere to the point its energy didn't affect the surroundings means only one thing: his attack carried equal or more power than HE's strongest energy sphere.

Dividing the power of HE's attack by 36 is completely ridiculous and should be deleted no matter what conclusion we reach here.
Can I count you as agreeing with Proposal 1? Or are you currently neutral?

Include me to the ones who agree with the upgrade of Atomic Samurai, Garou, Platinum Sperm, Flashy Flash, Gale Wind and Hellfire Flame.

Last edited:

I don't think anyone is objecting to that part.

It took Atomic Samurai many, many, many hits to "overpower" Psykos' beam. Does that mean we should divide the AP of the beam by the amount of hits it took? Obviously not. In the HE case, we see that Atomic Samurai is able to cut orb in half with one attack. We should use the same logic applied in the Psykos case in this, and scale Atomic Samurai to the orb.

I don't think we should scale Atomic Samurai to Psykos' laser there either.

And I've already explained why just slicing through the orb isn't good enough to scale Atomic Samurai to the full value.

I don't think we should scale Atomic Samurai to Psykos' laser there either.

And I've already explained why just slicing through the orb isn't good enough to scale Atomic Samurai to the full value.
Why not? He's clearly shown as superior to it here.

It took Atomic Samurai many, many, many hits to "overpower" Psykos' beam. Does that mean we should divide the AP of the beam by the amount of hits it took? Obviously not.
No, it means we should or we shouldn't scale to him to the full power of those beams.
n the HE case, we see that Atomic Samurai is able to cut orb in half with one attack.
It being cut in half doesn't mean he scales to its full explosive power, as its still there. It took dozens of slashes to nullify its explosion, which is what AS would have to scale to.
his attack carried equal or more power than HE's strongest energy sphere.
You're right.

The issue is that it took dozens of slashes for him to nullify it. Not one.

It being cut in half doesn't mean he scales to its full explosive power, as its still there. It took dozens of slashes to nullify its explosion, which is what AS would have to scale to.
What do you think we should do, since you're against dividing by 35.

Why are we assuming he needed multiple attacks to nullify it in the first place? AS always does things like this regardless of the enemy. Even though a single slice in half is usually good enough, he still takes the time to slice his enemies into tiny chunks.

I am not saying he should scale to the full yield or scale at all. But people are saying as if him needing multiple attacks is a 100% proven fact. It is a reasonable assumption to make since he used multiple attacks and we don't know how he would deal with a single one. And obviously we cannot assume he could nullify it with a single slash either.

I'm just not okay with people saying with 100% certainty that he truly needed all of those slashes to overpower that attack. I'd just assume the answer would be unknown.

Yes I'm nitpicking here.

What do you think we should do, since you're against dividing by 35.
What I said originally. Either proposal 2 or we just don't scale them to the orb at all.
Why are we assuming he needed multiple attacks to nullify it in the first place?
Because he took multiple strikes for him to do it. You can't just give him a feat when it took over 30 attacks to actually disperse it.
. But people are saying as if him needing multiple attacks is a 100% proven fact.
Because that's all we have to go off of. We don't give rating to people because of an completely unbacked possibility.

Why are we assuming he needed multiple attacks to nullify it in the first place?

I'm just going off of what we're shown and trying to avoid speculating further.

I wonder how many verses will get downgraded by this logic haha i don't see this getting accepted considering there is three stuff members who opposed to it.

The issue is that it took dozens of slashes for him to nullify it. Not one.
And what? AS doesn't have the special power to combine the power of all his slashes into one, they are all still individual slashes with the capacity of obliterating a High 7-A attack.
I don't think we should scale Atomic Samurai to Psykos' laser there either
Isn't she only 7-B? Going with the same logic used to divide AS' power, we could multiply the number of slashes AS performed to get the attack potency of Psykos' laser.

AS doesn't have the special power to combine the power of all his slashes into one

Depending on your interpretation of his Atomic Beeline Slash technique, he does technically.

And what? AS doesn't have the special power to combine the power of all his slashes into one, they are all still individual slashes with the capacity of obliterating a High 7-A attack.

An individual slash did not bust a High 7-A attack.

I wonder how many verses will get downgraded by this logic haha i don't see this getting accepted considering there is three stuff members who opposed to it.
Eh, staff members aren't everything. And there is Therfir and Armorchompy who agree with it, along with Matthew, who is a former staff.

And what?
It means that he wasn't outputting the same or greater amount of energy. If he did then one attack would be all he needed to destroy the orb, like with the Serious Punch or with Genos' clash against Psykos.

Eh, staff members aren't everything. And there is Therfir and Armorchompy who agree with it, along with Matthew, who is a former staff.

Technically speaking when it comes to a vote, staff members are what count here.

Because that's all we have to go off of. We don't give rating to people because of an completely unbacked possibility.
Yes but you didn't say that. You were talking like it was 100% proven.

I'm nitpicking but I really dislike when people talk about something like it's fact when it really isn't. Regardless of how reasonable it is, it's very annoying to me. But for the sake of discussion I'll drop this.

Proposal 2 relies on dividing the High 7-A feat by 35, just so you know.

Honestly if proposal 1 doesn’t get accepted I feel like we should also just ignore proposal 2. Like I just really don’t like the idea of downscaling from a feat via number of slashes. Like this form of downscaling just seems really stupid to me.

Like Rusty said earlier on this thread either they fully scale or they don’t scale at all are the best options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back