• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man CRT: Sun Blade Scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenks

He/Him
FC/OC VS Battles
Administrator
In this thread I will be going over two proposals that were brought up in the OPM discussion thread to fix the scaling of Atomic Samurai's Sun Blade.

Context: Currently, the Sun Blade is rated as 7-B (68.57 Megatons) scaling down from Homeless Emperor's High 7-A (2.4 Gigatons) attack, as he was able to slice it to pieces with 35 strikes.

Proposal 1​

The Sun Blade should be above the full attack potency of Homeless Emperor's energy sphere. Assuming that the Blade is 35x weaker than the attack it completely obliterated seems strange. Its very clear that the intent was to make the blade seem far more impressive. The current scaling seems to also suggest that someone with 7-B attack potency can obliterate a High 7-A entity if they hit it fast enough.

With this in mind, the Sun Blade should be upgraded to High 7-A.

Along with this, Golden Sperm should scale since he tanked ten consecutive strikes from the Sun Blade, forcing Atomic Samurai to use more power to cut his arm off. This would give everyone who scales to and above Golden Sperm a High 7-A rating.

Furthermore, entities such as Platinum Sperm, who are obviously far superior to Golden Sperm, should scale to baseline High 7-A+ (2.65 gigatons), since the gap is only 1.1x.

To Summarize:

• High 7-A (2.4 gigatons) - Homeless Emperor, Sun Blade, Golden Sperm
  • High 7-A+ (2.65 gigatons) - Platinum Sperm, Flashy Flash, Pre-Awakened Garou
  • Gale and Hellfire would downscale from Flash to High 7-A since they were both capable of damaging him. They don't scale fully as this was very minor damage and Flash was holding back.
  • Current Garou gains an "at least High 7-A+" rating since he one-shot Platinum Sperm after growing in speed and strength.

Proposal 2​

Golden Sperm's durability and attack potency should be upgraded to baseline 7-A, scaling far above the individual strikes from Atomic Samurai's Sun Blade (Source). And the Sun Blade should then scale above this since it was then able to slice his arm clean off.

This would give everyone who scales to and above Golden Sperm a baseline 7-A rating, scaling far above the 68 Megaton calculation of the Sun Blade's casual strikes.

The scaling would stay the same as Proposal 1, only the High 7-A/High 7-A+ ratings would be replaced by baseline 7-A.

Results
Proposal 1:
Proposal 2:
  • Agree (0):
  • Disagree (0):

Last edited:
I think High 7-A Sun Blade is fine but I disagree with High 7-A+, sure it's comparable to the energy ball but I doubt it's stronger considering it took many slashes to actually destroy it

I'm against GS scaling above the Sun Blade. The slashes that he blocked were not the same as the ones that hit the ball and they were aimed at the glass cannon HE so they might very well have been weaker. You could counter that with the fact that AS was in a bloodlusted rage but if you do that then Held-Back Sun Blade < GS < Sun Blade makes zero sense since AS wouldn't be holding back.

I'm also unsure about Ninja Bros scaling, he was holding back massively and while logically that wouldn't lower his durability with how clear it's made that he would stomp them, I think the scaling is dubious. I am neutral, not opposed, but they should be "At most High 7-A"

1. Atomic Samurai has no reason to assume Homeless Emperor has average human durability. Going all out is the best option.
2. Why would he hold back against HE? That makes zero sense. Even if he knew about his durability there is no reason to hold back.
3. Sun Blade scaling would still make sense since you could argue that its energy form probably drains more energy which is why he didn't use it. Or maybe it is hardened version is easier for AS to use

1. Atomic Samurai has no reason to assume Homeless Emperor has average huma durability.
2. Why would he hold back against HE? That makes zero sense. Even if he knew about his durability there is no reason to hold back.
Ok, so if he's not holding back, then why did he fail to cut GS, but then pulled it off afterwards?
3. Sun Blade scaling would still make sense since you could argue that its energy form probably drains more energy which is why he didn't use it. Or maybe it is hardened version is easier for AS to use
Speculation, and also this kinda supports my argument. But also I'm not opposed to High 7-A scaling to GS and those above him, I just disagree with GS upscaling, I think he should downscale

they were aimed at the glass cannon HE so they might very well have been weaker.
That wouldn’t be a strong argument. No one knows that HE has human level durability. Not even his “Allies”, King as usual snitched on himself yet caught HE.

I feel like an argument for AS pulling stuff off later is bc he became more “worthy”, as in the more worthy the more power u receive typa beat.

Ok, so if he's not holding back, then why did he fail to cut GS, but then pulled it off afterwards
My third point was explaining that. There can be a number of explanations. And the scene doesn't seem to imply he is holding back out of sudden.

Also, it was sun blade's energy form which cut Golden Sperm's arm while he blocked ones that cut down Homeless Emperor's ball. Both were from the hardened version of the sword.

Weird question about bang, shouldn’t he upscale/scale/downscale to atomic samurai cuz of the whole rival thing in that chapter specifically or am I tripping balls.

I feel like an argument for AS pulling stuff off later is bc he became more “worthy”, as in the more worthy the more power u receive typa beat.
Eeeeeh no I think that's speculation. I think it's more reasonable to say the individual slashes he threw at HE were slightly weaker because he was focusing on throwing out so many and did so in mid-air, while the one he cut off GS' arm with was pure power.
My third point was explaining that. There can be a number of explanations. And the scene doesn't seem to imply he is holding back out of sudden.
... Your point implies that he was not going all-out. AKA holding back. What's the difference?
Also, it was sun blade's energy form whivh cut Golden Sperm's arm while he blocked ones that cut down Homeless Emperor's ball
There is no "energy form", it's always energy, it just usually takes the shape of a sword.
@Armorchompy Even if the Sun Blade and Golden don’t upscale to High 7-A+, shouldn’t Flash, Platinum and Garou?
Probably. Definitely Platinum and Garou, idk about Flash.

Weird question about bang, shouldn’t he upscale/scale/downscale to atomic samurai cuz of the whole rival thing in that chapter specifically or am I tripping balls.
You could argue Bang scales to base AS I guess, AS is pretty cocky though so not the other way around.

Probably. Definitely Platinum and Garou, idk about Flash
Mkay. I think Flash should scale with them, cause he could harm Platinum even after he started losing his cool and he did take a lot of hits from both him and Garou.

And then Hellfire/Gale become baseline due to downscaling from harming a suppressed Flash.

Mkay. I think Flash should scale with them, cause he could harm Platinum even after he started losing his cool and he did take a lot of hits from both him and Garou.
I can see it but they are definitely superior to him and iirc PS doesn't grow in power in the fight. Since we don't know just how much stronger PS is compared to GS and that GS downscales from the Blade, you could argue that Flash is not too much above GS and does not upscale to High 7-A. This is pretty minor either way tho

Its very clear that the intent was to make the blade seem far more impressive.

The best thing about arguments about author intent is that anyone can just assume whatever they want.

I mean, he still sliced through it. I don't really know what the intent was but we don't stack AP like this, especially when every individual strike was able to go through it no problem.

I mean, he still sliced through it. I don't really know what the intent was but we don't stack AP like this, especially when every individual strike was able to go through it no problem.
Every strike going through it does not mean every strike is greater than the total energy of the ball.

Even if assumed the durability of the sphere worked like that, each strike is only passing through an extremely thin part of the volume of the entire sphere.

Meaning there's no way in Hell each slice of the blade is slicing through 2.4 Gigatons amount of energy.

So, I'm in disagreement with this CRT.

I can only agree to scaling to it, or not scaling to it.

I cannot agree with divided the blades AP based on the amount of slashes. I'm very positive that is a big no on this site, unless it was specifically explain to work like that.

Because that isn't how this works. (Does a energy sphere even have durability?)

I can only agree to scaling to it, or not scaling to it.

I cannot agree with divided the blades AP based on the amount of slashes. I'm very positive that is a big no on this site, unless it was specifically explain to work like that.

Because that isn't how this works. (Does a energy sphere even have durability?)
I can agree to removing the energy of the sphere divided by number of slashes method too.

Every strike going through it does not mean every strike is greater than the total energy of the ball.
Yeah, what I'm saying is it's comparable.
Even if assumed the durability of the sphere worked like that, each strike is only passing through an extremely thin part of the volume of the entire sphere.
But they're clearly affecting way more than that volume considering the ball was dispersed.

So basically

High 7-A+ (2.65 Gigatons): Platinum Sperm, Pre-Awakened Garou

Likely High 7-A+ (2.65 Gigatons): Flashy Flash

High 7-A (2.4 Gigatons): Homeless Emperor, Golden Sperm, Atomic Samurai w/ Sun Blade

At most High 7-A (1 Gigaton): Monster Form Gale Wind, Monster Form Hellfire Flame

So basically

High 7-A+ (2.65 Gigatons): Platinum Sperm, Pre-Awakened Garou

Likely High 7-A+ (2.65 Gigatons): Flashy Flash

High 7-A (2.4 Gigatons): Homeless Emperor, Golden Sperm, Atomic Samurai w/ Sun Blade

At most High 7-A (1 Gigaton): Monster Form Gale Wind, Monster Form Hellfire Flame
We could prolly just put Flash at 2.4 gigatons as long as we make it clear that he downscales from Plat and Garou.
no atleast? Cuz like they basically scale massively above
Why would they have an At least when the upscaling starts with them-

Eeeeeh no I think that's speculation. I think it's more reasonable to say the individual slashes he threw at HE were slightly weaker because he was focusing on throwing out so many and did so in mid-air, while the one he cut off GS' arm with was pure power.
Atomic Samurai was not really conscious about what happened. He said himself, that he was assimilated, or fused, with the blade. He was confused, asking about what happened, so it doesn't really make sense to say he held back, when it was the blade controlling him.

I just realized that I stopped getting notifications for the Homeless Emperor CRT last month and missed out on continuing the argument in that thread. That's annoying.

Atomic Samurai was not really conscious about what happened. He said himself, that he was assimilated, or fused, with the blade. He was confused, asking about what happened, so it doesn't really make sense to say he held back, when it was the blade controlling him.
I mean, holding back or not, clearly the final strike was stronger than the ones that he aimed at HE. So something must have happened.
I just realized that I stopped getting notifications for the Homeless Emperor CRT last month and missed out on continuing the argument in that thread. That's annoying.
Happens when you hit "mark as read" I think, pretty annoying.

We could prolly just put Flash at 2.4 gigatons as long as we make it clear that he downscales from Plat and Garou.

Why would they have an At least when the upscaling starts with them-
I mean he was able to trade blows pretty evenly and tank many attacks from them for a while so personally I think Likely High 7-A+ fits him more if only starting from Platinum Sperm does High 7-A+ exist.

I mean he was able to trade blows with and fight roughly evenly with them for a while so personally I think Likely High 7-A+ fits him more if only starting from Platinum Sperm does High 7-A+ exist.
I feel like just one or the other between High 7-A and High 7-A+ would be better (and the latter honestly makes more sense to me), but idrc.

But they're clearly affecting way more than that volume considering the ball was dispersed.

Yes, the combined effort of all of Atomic Samurai's swings managed to disperse the ball - but that does not make every attack with the Sun Blade comparable to the energy ball.

If the argument is "Atomic Samurai effortlessly sliced through the ball so he scales", that doesn't work because of the volume issue.

If the argument is "Atomic Samurai dispersed the ball so he scales", that doesn't work because it required multiple attacks to accomplish that.

I mean, holding back or not, clearly the final strike was stronger than the ones that he aimed at HE. So something must have happened.
Or he could've put more power into a single strike than he did with multiple hits. Either way, GS would scale above the sphere, as those same multi-hit attacks that completely dispelled the sphere did no damage to GS.

Yes, the combined effort of all of Atomic Samurai's swings managed to disperse the ball - but that does not make every attack with the Sun Blade comparable to the energy ball.

If the argument is "Atomic Samurai effortlessly sliced through the ball so he scales", that doesn't work because of the volume issue.

If the argument is "Atomic Samurai dispersed the ball so he scales", that doesn't work because it required multiple attacks to accomplish that.
I have a question. If Goku were to shoot a genkidama, and someone wielding a sword cut it in half, would that person scale? If so, then why shouldn't AS scale, as he was able to cut the orb in half with one move.

But the attacks aren't happening at the same time, just in quick succession. Unless every single attack managed to affect it individually, their AP would not stack to a level that could actually affect the ball.
Or he could've put more power into a single strike than he did with multiple hits. Either way, GS would scale above the sphere, as those same multi-hit attacks that completely dispelled the sphere did no damage to GS.
The slashes aimed at HE were not the same that destroyed the ball so there is no hard evidence they were not any weaker.

The slashes aimed at HE were not the same that destroyed the ball so there is no hard evidence they were not any weaker.
Do you have proof that they aren't the same? They were both a cut that made multiple cuts afterwards. They are clearly the same.

Do you have proof that they aren't the same? They were both a cut that made multiple cuts afterwards. They are clearly the same.
Not really. I mean, Atomic Samurai has like fifty different techniques that are hitting something with a sword and then it falling into a million pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back