• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece vs One Punch Man! Vs Battle Wiki Soccer Tier 7 Tournament - Round 1, Match 2

2997869a-f235-4a85-9448-74d9868f9310
b80553a9-806d-470e-8567-5f49436a4064

"Hero? No! We're Soccer Players! I love heroes, but I don't wanna be one! Do you know what heroes are? Say there is a soccer ball in front of your feet. Players will feel good by kicking it into a goal. But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the kicking!"

-Luffy

"I am willing to do anything to become a more powerful soccer player. However, I can't picture myself coming even close to attaining teacher's power."

-Genos

Annnnnd here we are folks! The time has come for us to continue the next generation of vs debating! The practice of vs soccer!
The previous match between Bleach and Mortal Kombat is giving us a great brain busting experience! Let's hope this next match will be just
as exciting! In the left corner, we have the adventurous pirates of the seven seas from One Piece! And in the right corner,
we have the strong and mighty heroes of One Punch Man! It's time to analyze these characters strengths,
abilities, and skills, to see who would win...a vs soccer game!

Tier: 7

Team One Piece:

Goalie:

Nico Robin

Forwards:

Vinsmoke Sanji
Issho (Fujitora)
Blueno
Donquixote Doflamingo

Mid-fielders:

Tony Tony Chopper
Monkey D. Luffy
Trafalgar Law

Defenders:

Charlotte Katakuri
Charlotte Cracker
Pica

Team One Punch Man:

Goalie:

Defenders:

Midfielders:

Forwards:

Team To Start Kickoff:

One Piece Team

Additional Rules:

-Both teams are in character
-No direct attacking allowed
-Winner: Whichever team is more likely to score more
points or has the better viable strategies, formations, etc.

Soccer Field Location:

Abandoned Trost District

f0039baf-1455-45d6-9052-9ad7423fdee7

Wish both teams the best of luck, and most of all, for everyone to have fun!!!

Team One Piece votes: 8 (KingTempest, Lou_change, Js250476, Kopsterhope07, Zackra1799, Joshpiece, Eminiteable and Beast_Zero_Gudako

Team One Punch Man votes:

Inconclusive:

Winner:

One Piece!

Last edited:
"Hero? No! We're Soccer Players! I love heroes, but I don't wanna be one! Do you know what heroes are? Say there is a soccer ball in front of your feet. Players will feel good by kicking it into a goal. But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the kicking!"
Yeah, this quote was beautiful.

Most of the OPM team is a bunch of hand to hand combatants, which is an issue.

Pica and Nico Robin can control the terrain all over and spawn limbs all over respectively. Worst case scenario, Pica Golem and Mil Fleur block everything that comes across the field. If it's on the ground, they take it. That simple. Robin could spawn her limbs on other people, so in the case that they even get the ball, Robin could smack it while they're dribbling by making a foot or hand on their limbs.
Cracker can summon his Cracker Soldiers with their wall of Busoshoku Biscuit shields, they aren't letting anything get by.
Katakuri can turn the terrain to Mochi and grab the ball or sink the opposing team if they get close to the goal.

So they have a solid defense, which is debatably one of the best tier 7 defenses of all.

Sanji, Issho, Blueno, Doflamingo, Luffy, Law, Cracker, Katakuri, and Pica all have Kenbunshoku Haki. It'll help them get around the field with the myriad of buildings that are here.

Chopper would be a great midfielder. He can take the ball and dig underground, stopping all his aboveground opponents from noticing his whereabouts. Pica and Law could edit the terrain so Chopper could move more efficiently.

Every position has 1 member with Future Sight (Luffy, Sanji, Katakuri), so in the case where the opposing team manages to take the ball, they'll notice and inform the others.

Sanji and Blueno can fly above everybody else. Another advantage.

Trafalgar Law can teleport characters who might be an issue. He can teleport the ball to other members, he can make unique combinations with the forwards, all hell would break loose.

Blueno would be a menace. He could take the ball and pop into air door where nobody could be able to sense him, then he'd be able to move the ball without anybody knowing. He can escape air door at the goal and kick it in before anybody finds out.

If they ever try to kick the ball hard, Luffy's rubber body reflects it back into their goal.

Doflamingo would be another line of defense. He could activate his Awakened Devil Fruit and turn the forward field to string, manuevering the ball.

Issho's gravity would easily toss their team backwards, toss the ball backwards, and so on.

In my opinion, this is an utter stomp against the One Punch Man team. I vote One Piece.

I’m trying my hardest to think of any way the Opm squad could do anything. I think this might just be a wash unless Genos can outmaneuver Sanji and Blueno in the sky but I don’t see that happening.

I vote for one piece.

Vote tis been added.

Why do I have the feeling it would be funny to see these guys launch tier 7 kicks and have a simple soccer ball break, like, several buildings apart xD.

By the way, the votes 6-0 in OP's favor so far. One more vote and I guess we skip grace and allow OP to go right on to Round 2.

Back