• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece - Speed Revision (Light-Speed Edition)

Move this to the Staff Board... absolutely nothing from regulars, please

I felt the need to bring this up due to many of the feats in the manga constantly bringing up "light-speed".

This thread is going to be a little rushed seeing as how I need to sleep, and I'd rather go into more elaboration in the comment section

Disclaimer: The only thing that i find concerning is how I've heard that these feats are considered "outliers" when that's ridiculous when none of these characters are actually even comparable to light-speed when taking these feats into account, however, they'd be considerably faster than their current MHS~MHS+ ratings.

Bringing up the Statements and existence of Light Speed in One Piece
Both Bartholomew Kuma and Kizaru have brought up the speed of their attacks being light-speed. Kuma stating that the air-pads being repelled from his attacks are light-speed, and Kizaru being, well... Light.

Not to mention how Foxy blatantly states that his Devil Fruit power allows him to create and manipulate Photons with his Noro Noro beam, and this is further supported when his beams are reflected directly off of mirrors and other reflective surfaces. And that the description of his fruit clarifies that he fires off a beam of light.

Reliability of these statements
Outside of some of Kizaru's beams exploding upon contact, he has displayed the use of real-light before. Many of his beams and most notably is Yata Mirror seem to be comprised of photons and reflect off of surfaces in most of his showings.

It's also clear how vast the gap in his actual travel and attack speed is when compared to the Supernova characters, who are capable of keeping up with CP9 members, the weakest and slowest of the bunch being able to react to lightning from close-range. Kizaru can near-blitz such characters like X-Drake, Hawkins and Apoo from dozens of meters away before they can even process what is happening.

In the case of Kuma, his movement when repelling himself and the air has been directly compared to "teleportation" by anyone who has seen it, when in reality, he is merely repelling himself and the air at incredibly high speeds that he merely vanishes from the sight of anyone who happens to be watching him. Out of everyone in Thriller Bark, the only one to notice his movement path was Zoro.

The Speed of the Supernova characters
While it has been made abundantly clear that they are vastly inferior in speed as compared to Kizaru's displayed speed, they are capable of actually seeing his movements, even if they can't actually react. This makes it evident that they are no where near comparable to light-speed in any sense when looking at all of these feats.

In terms of scaling, the best character to think about would be Zoro, who is capable of moving out of the way to avoid attacks from Kuma's air-pads while they are already mid-flight (though the second scan could be aim-dodging since we see Zoro moving before the pads are actually visible in one of the panels). At best, he'd probably be base-line Sub-Rel, but again, the Calc Group or I would have to see into this.

Rayleigh's Speed
While it had already been debated in the past that Kizaru could have been moving or not during the time Rayleigh leaped and slashed him, He could still react to the tunnel of light before it reached Zoro and co., and again, assuming Kizaru had moved (which seems to be the case given that he was off of the ground and his feet hit the ground in the next panel), Rayleigh would easily be within Sub-Relativistic+ speeds or higher.

Discussion About Future Calculations
Considering how there's many MANY statements in the plot regarding the use of photons and light-speed abilities, I believe that it is necessary to bring this topic up seeing as how One Piece speed in general is leaning on merely two calculations for MHS and MHS+ speeds, the latter being reliant solely on the size of the planet.

The way I see it, other then Foxy, Kizaru, and Kuma having specific abilities with Light-Speed, most of the cast would be somewhere between MHS+ and Sub-Rel+ speeds for Combat Speed, after calculations and evaluations of course.

I am fine with any punishment for commenting even though I'm a regular.

I am simply going to also add sanji's bros used a light attack and another used tachyon. Tachyon is regarded as FTL and they are not even top tier characters.
Tachyon One Piece
Tachyon is FTL

10 11
Shining Valkyrie is a light attack

Again I'm highly sorry for commenting/adding input.

However due to this I fully feel the verse is trying to establish at least light speed mid tiers and higher based on statements and abilities. NOT TO MENTION one piece has light toon force elements which at least to me allows more leeway for such.

I won't comment any further, just wanted to make sure these 2 scans were brought up.

@EcchoOtakuTM - having light in the name isn't really a justification for light-speed movement. In the case of Niji especially, his movement trail is more akin to that of lightning. I'd personally wait until there's some elaboration between these characters seeing as how there's still no evidence of either being even close to light-speed yet.

It's fine for you to comment here so long as you're bringing something to the table.

I asked Dragon to comment (he still did not answer me but hey)

• I totally agree with this, Firstly the fact that there are solid statements like kizaru or Kuma consistent without flowering language.
Secondly, the fact that the statements are coherent (Kizaru = light ect ...) and also Rayleight Blitz kizaru that uses a Lightspeed technique.

The only problem with this is the "Outlier" argument but I do not think this

Encore Bravo for this Cin thread

Since I'm seeing that this is considered fine by the staff, I think I can start going through all of the feats regarding dodging or moving with a beam on-panel.

I'll try to calc them myself, but a few of these cases (Zoro dodging Kuma's swift pad canon) seem to be aim-dodging.

Would the beams generated from the Pacifista and Kizaru (the one that explode upon contact) be considered light-speed, or not? I've heard arguments for both sides and I'm indifferent towards it.

I thought Zoro dodging Kuma's pad cannon was considered an outlier because its ridiculous for a near-death Zoro to be orders of magnitude faster than any feat up until the moment, even G2 luffy.

@PaChi2 - When was that even brought up as being an outlier? And why, exactly?

And besides, the only time he ever legitimately dodged the air-canon in the manga was right before the ability was revealed. The time after that is clearly aim-dodging.

And like I said in the thread, the 2 speed feats we currently have is either performed by low tier trash, even by pre time-skip standards (Kalifa), and the other is heavily reliant on the size of the One Piece planet. Meanwhile, we have several characters using light-speed attacks and even go as far as to state it.

Basically, the only speed feat pre time-skip we even use is from Kalifa, who, at the time, was nearly blitzed by Sanji even when he refused to hit her. It is within reason for Zoro and characters that scale to and above him to be MHS+ to Sub-Rel (depending how this calc goes)

I think that we can scale the strongest characters from Rayleigh blocking Kizaru and similar instances in any case.

I am uncertain about Kuma's attacks being lightspeed, or about scaling anybody able to evade Pacifista lasers, as they otherwise move much slower, so aim dodging is likely in effect.

Rayleight could be explained by High Level Haki usage. He just predicted that Kizaru would be there and kicked in the place.

@Ant - i'll disregard the Pacifista lasers and the lasers emitted by Kizaru that cause explosions since many argue that going against it being true-light speed.

All I'll be using are Kizaru's Yata Mirror, the Noro-beam, and Kuma's pad canon, which he had just stated to be air repelled at the speed of light. Everything else is too questionable to use.

Well, I am uncertain about if we can take Kuma's statement of lightspeed air at face value, but other than that I suppose that it should be fine.

Also Kizaru didn't actually move anywhere when Rayleigh intercepted him, this is further backed by the Anime versio of events which supports this. He merely began transforming when Rayleigh intercepted him.

As for the noro photons do i even need to explain why it'd be ridicilous to take that seriously.

@Ant - He has been with a scientist who is acknowledged as being 500 years more advanced than the rest of the world in technology and science in general and had been personally modified by him over the course of a few years, so for him to make a bold claim about his own attack being light-speed after the fact, I think it would be safe to assume that he isn't lying or exaggerating--at least for now.

@Tata - Do I need to explain why we don't consider the anime as canon here? And I'd like for you to debunk the Noro Photons instead of being unreasonably aggressive.

CinCameron20 said:
@Tata - Do I need to explain why we don't consider the anime as canon here? And I'd like for you to debunk the Noro Photons instead of being unreasonably aggressive.
The anime can be used as support of feats, hell we have feats based on anime showings that have been applied to certain characters

and Go outside and get hit by light, do you move in slow motion? Though Noro Photons may have the word Photon in their name and be reflected off mirrors, there's a big difference between the way they act and the way natural light acts.

Staff only, PLEASE and @Tata - The Noro Beam follows our guidelines for what would be considered a real beam of light. And it's just part of the ability that allows it to slow anything it touches.

also, as I just said. The Anime is considered non-canon here for a megaton of reasons. It isn't used as supporting any of the profiles, and if it is, i'd like to know about it so that I can correct that.

Guys, this is a staff only thread. If you weren't asked to comment here then don't comment, Kal explained this at the top. However I'll add that the anime is absolutely non canon and cannot be used to support feats. And the Noro Noro beams behaves exactly like light. If any staff member sees they they may delete it.

CinCameron20 said:
Staff only, PLEASE and @Tata - The Noro Beam follows our guidelines for what would be considered a real beam of light.
also, as I just said. The Anime is considered non-canon here for a megaton of reasons. It isn't used as supporting any of the profiles, and if it is, i'd like to know about it so that I can correct that.
Ok and

Allmight's Small city level feat was from the anime.

@Tata - This is not My Hero Academia. This is One Piece. Vast difference between how each is handled on the wiki.

@Heiler - All of the official translations are exactly the same. What are you talking about? A Photon is literally a particle... and radiation.

We should keep this to staff only.

Anyway, good point about Kuma.

Also, we tend to allow anime adaptions to be used as supporting evidence in terms of timespans for scenes that play out the exact same way in both canons.

@Ant - in the case of One Piece, the amount of contradictions between the anime and manga in terms of representation is a large pile.

It's basically impossible to trust the anime, especially in terms of using feats.

The example that's important for this thread: The Kizaru vs Rayleigh scene where it shows Kizaru having not moved yet in the anime vs the manga showing that he clearly came off of the ground and landed in the next panel. The anime showed that he just sat there and took a hit from Rayleigh without moving where the manga shows him moving out of the way to avoid having his head bisected.

Back