• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Scaling, Some Upgrades and Some Downgrades as I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Err. Aizen, Fujitora's meteor's are environmental destruction. It doesn't scale to anyone. The only reason he is 6-B in the first place is because he is scaled to Doflamingo. If Doflamingo isn't 6-B, no one is.

Well, we usually tend to count environmental destruction as regular attack potency.

That makes sense.

That would probably include admiral, fleet admirals sengoku and akainu, yonko and marco.

I want to point out that Sabo and Dragon should scale off Fujitora.

At least considering Sabo did fight Fujitora for a time being.

If that bothers you due to the fight being inconclusive, I am fine with adding possibly to the ranking they scale off of Fujitora. (Which I think is 6-B still).

If the calc comes back as country level doflamingo (I dont know if it will or will not, not a physics major), I think the previous scaling applies.

I also think we should revisit Whitebeards calc with the new size of the one piece world.

Since we are doing all these upgrades now.

KuuIchigo said:
Err. Aizen, Fujitora's meteor's are environmental destruction. It doesn't scale to anyone. The only reason he is 6-B in the first place is because he is scaled to Doflamingo. If Doflamingo isn't 6-B, no one is.
Meteor calc should still be 6-B to High 6-B last I checked.

@Kinikestsin environmental destruction =/= attack potency, her ice commander and chief affects the environment around them not the opponents themselves, that's the point of environmental destriuon, it's not designed for combat purpose. In the case of esdeath hers is based on prep and enchanting her ice powers.

As for fujitora his meteors don't come from his own physical strength but rather his ability to pull objects down via gravity manipulation. Meaning his natural AP is not scaled to his ability toPull meteors down.

Grudgeman1706 said:
@Kinikestsin environmental destruction =/= attack potency, her ice commander and chief affects the environment around them not the opponents themselves, that's the point of environmental destriuon, it's not designed for combat purpose. In the case of esdeath hers is based on prep and enchanting her ice powers.
As for fujitora his meteors don't come from his own physical strength but rather his ability to pull objects down via gravity manipulation. Meaning his natural AP is not scaled to his ability toPull meteors down.
Then why does Esdeath Profile say that phrase.

That needs to be fixed then.

Also, Ant himself said environmental destruction counts as ap.

So who is right?

@kinkiestsin, I hate to repeat myself but once again environmental destruction means it affects ONLY the environment, not the opponent thy are facing.

Esdeath 6-B rating is only really used for environmental range to help her boost her ice powers. Even than this requires her to have preptime. Again her NATURAL AP is not 6-B.

Edit: It appears someone forgot to write down environmental destruction on her profile. This probably confused you. My mistake,but my point still stands it's E.D.

Grudgeman1706 said:
@kinkiestsin, I hate to repeat myself but once again environmental destruction means it affects ONLY the environment, not the opponent thy are facing.
Esdeath 6-B rating is only really used for environmental range to help her boost her ice powers. Even than this requires her to have preptime. Again her NATURAL AP is not 6-B.
I am not saying it is, but my point being is why was that stated on your profile.

Then in that case, why not give fujitora the same treatment?

We can say the exact same thing for fujitora and esdeath.

I am not going to argue with it being one way or another, I am just saying there is at least one profile that says that environmental destruction counts in ap AT LEAST for the profile.

I see why you're confused. You're looking at the tiering and not the AP where it says Environmental destruction. I guess someone forgot to add it to the tiering.

KuuIchigo said:
I see why you're confused. You're looking at the tiering and not the AP where it says Environmental destruction. I guess someone forgot to add it to the tiering.
Maybe so, I could be confused and not understanding something.

But it is both in attack potency AND in tiering.

A could compromise could be 6-B environmental destruction or with prep time. (Considering a meteor takes a few minutes to fall out of the ground, that isnt strange or bizzare to say imo)

Well, Fujitora can use his meteorites to attack others, and use the same gravity powers to increase the force of his other attacks, so I do not see how it should not count as attack potency?

I am personally fine with scaling the highest tiers from Fujitora.

Antvasima said:
Well, Fujitora can use his meteorites to attack others, so I do not see how it should not count as attack potency?
Fujitora has no control over the meteor themselves, he merely brings down in the direction he uses his upward ability for. But once the meteor comes down he can't control what it does or the level of strength.

Example would be him bringin down the meteor to the birdcage but couldn't stop the damage it caused to the environment around him.

Well, to make the entire thing not go off the rails.

I think we can all agree on a few things.

One. The calc for Doflamingo's cage thing needs to be revisited.

Two. Fujitora is not 6-B even with meteors falling out of the sky, that Environmental Destruction and not AP.

I propose a compromise.

How about we say at least for Fujitora right now, we put 6-B with prep time/environmental destruction.

It will seem a little unfair to just not rank him because of one silly thing imo.

@Ant

I am fine with scaling Fujitora too and even doflamingo with the cage.

But I do think I will admit that Fujitora probably has a unique devil fruit that probably wont normally scale off of AP.

I mean, hurling giant rocks at your opponent generally speaking isnt indictive of his natural gravity powers.

Well, the energy and force behind his gravity powers should be of the same scale, no matter what he uses them for, so I think that we should count this as his general attack potency.

Antvasima said:
Well, the energy and force behind his gravity powers should be of the same scale, no matter what he uses them for, so I think that we should count this as his general attack potency.
Forgive me ant I should have said this instead. Yes the meteors will be 6-B but they will not scale to fujitora or anyone at all. It will treated as its own separate attack with own tier due to the fact it's kinetic energy derives from the earths escape velocity.

So to make clear, fujitora physical AP will be whatever he was before and be 6-B using meteorites from the sky.

Hmm. I am uncertain. Let's wait to see what CinCameron20 thinks.

An awful lot of profiles would have to be reverted if this is accepted, and in addition Whitebeard's feat may be much higher than we have given it credit for.

Antvasima said:
Hmm. I am uncertain. Let's wait to see what CinCameron20 thinks.
An awful lot of profiles would have to be reverted if this is accepted, and in addition Whitebeard's feat may be much higher than we have given it credit for.
Who is charge of all these calcs or do you not know?

Ant, Cin is the reason why this has happened. You are giving him too much freedom. An admin or staff member are usually suppose to be updating the profiles. And Cin isn't the only person who has read OP.

The calc group tends to decide these things together, depending on who are available at the time. They are rather disorganised, due to time constraints, and living in different parts of the world.

Antvasima said:
The calc group tends to decide these things together, depending on who are available at the time. They are rather disorganised, due to time constraints, and living in different parts of the world.
Do I need to request these calcs or is all of this good and done for?

As I mentioned earlier, the best available option is to start a new content revision thread that links to the two previous Whitebeard calculations, mention that the One Piece world is much larger than our own, and post notices on the message walls of all the calc group members, with links to the thread in question.

You can tell them all that I would appreciate help with evaluating this.

You can also inform DontTalk about the thread.

Antvasima said:
As I mentioned earlier, the best available option is to start a new content revision thread that links to the two previous Whitebeard calculations, mention that the One Piece world is much larger than our own, and post notices on the message walls of all the calc group members, with links to the thread in question.
You can tell them all that I would appreciate help with evaluating this.
Thanks man!

But as soon as I asked, I realized I had midterms I had to do lol.

So I am now going to take a break from this site.

Sorry for making you repeat yourself though.

@KinkiestSin I will see too the fixture of the calcs with Lina shields and even cincameron.

@Antvasima The One piece world calc had been dropped by dontalk,Lina Shields,and Cin Cameron. Theirs no point by in bringing that up anymore.

As for the whitebeard calc, aizen already provided you a calc done by OBD http://www.narutoforums.com/xfa-blog-entry/whitebeards-quakes-calculations-amp-assumptions.20978/ And we already discussed previously this is a theoretical calc that has no correlation with the Manga. White beard never shook the world in the first place. If we actually took this seriously, we would be a laughing stock in the vs community no offense.

I agree with Grudge. It has already been brought up. Also, why are we even talking about Whitebeard when the problem here is Doflamingo and Fujitora. Please stop ignoring the issues and trying to drag this out.

Well, I am just saying that Whitebeard's feat of causing an earthquake barely felt in distant countries does not seem like such an outlier anymore in combination with Fujitora's meteorite feat.

However, if everybody else think that we should revert the One Piece profiles to their previous values, I suppose that we have to do so. We should preferably wait for CinCameron20 to give input first however.

LordAizenSama said:
First of all I agree that the low 6-b ratings are wrong and need fixing.I think Kinkiest can handle that scaling
I have a issue with the birdcage scaling to the ap of the meteor aswell, the kinetic energy of the meteor was not stopped at all, which is neccessary to scale the birdcage to the meteorite. It only sliced it which requires alot less energy to do.

Again, that first whitebeard calc is debunked and the other one is absurd hyperbole. It assumes earth size One piece planet, which we do not accept. We accept the one piece planet as larger than our sun. So it's going to give insane results if we used that.
Ant, did you not read what Aizen wrote about it here regarding Whitebeard?

Well, I agree about the threads requiring much less energy to slice the meteorites, but am uncertain whether or not the highest tiers, such as the Yonkou and Admirals, should still scale from Fujitora's display of raw power.

In addition, in lack of knowing the exact intended size of the One Piece world, we might be able to use the Earth as a minimum template to the Whitebeard feat, for an "At least" rating.

WilliamShadow said:
RoyGundam said:
Continental Calc was not "debunked". It was counted as an outlier because no one else was nearly close enough to that level in One Piece.

But now we have Country level and higher folks
Nope Gwynbleiddd calculated it and it was accepted as large island you can ask Lord Aizen about it.
I think the problem was in the fact his earthquakes are different.
Except Gwyn's calculation is significantly flawed from what I can tell. Gwyn calculated the energy of a meteor impact that would produce a 10.9 magnitude earthquake, and conflated the distance to impact with the distance WB's quakes traveled. Whereas GodMovements calculation actually calculates the energy of the earthquake.

At the time GodMovements calculation was rejected as an outlier, but it no longer is.

@Grudgeman1706

You really should read the calculation because it's infact two calculations. In the first calculation GodMovement scales and uses the area of Marineford, which results in 1.17 petatons. It's the second calculation which is theoretical, resulting in 697 petatons.

LordAizenSama said:
It appears that the OP planet calculation was not accepted. However that theoertical calc is still nonsensical and unfounded. OP planet is still much larger than earths
Where was it not accepted? On the blog of the calculation it was accepted by both Lina and DontTalk...

Well, I will gladly accept the One Piece world being much larger than the Earth, but if it was truly intended to be larger than the Sun, it would be impossible for humans to travel between different parts of it by boat within their lifetimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back