• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Scaling, Some Upgrades and Some Downgrades as I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. It is important to keep this in mind in general however.

^There are several people who disagree with the current scaling of the characters , that's why the other thread was also linked here.

Has the bird cage durability been calculate at the OBD? I would like to see if there are other alternate calculations. A lot of people are feeling uncomfortable with the big tier jump which is understandable, since the yield for bird cage calc is higher than whitebeard's quakes which was calculated to be island level.

OBD might be a little harsh on luffy in general but ehh.

I am just going to leave this thread.

If the following scaling is accepted, can I do the honor of editing the profiles?

I am not going to lie, I am a giddy like a little kid lol.

But if this is not accepted and everyone goes back to previous scaling, that is fine too lol.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
On OBD he is City level, higher with Bird Cage.......Well they count BC as a higher defense but his AP is VERY low...... http://www.outskirtsbattledomewiki....s/591-character-profile-donquixote-doflamingo
So OBD does not count bird cage as physical durability. Interesting. Also there's a slight chance bird cage calc might be an outlier since Whitebeard (who was strongest man even at death) had only large island level feat. And Whitebeard is stronger than doflamingo by some distance.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Gwynbleiddd/Whitebeard's_Quakes_(calc)

Joseph619 said:
Dragonmasterxyz said:
On OBD he is City level, higher with Bird Cage.......Well they count BC as a higher defense but his AP is VERY low...... http://www.outskirtsbattledomewiki....s/591-character-profile-donquixote-doflamingo
So OBD does not count bird cage as physical durability. Interesting. Also there's a slight chance bird cage calc might be an outlier since Whitebeard (who was strongest man even at death) had only large island level feat. And Whitebeard is stronger than doflamingo by some distance.
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Gwynbleiddd/Whitebeard's_Quakes_(calc)
2 Things

Whitebeard is also old and he is not in his prime anymore.

Second was that was part of a secondary calc which had the max power of 6-A

Source:http://www.narutoforums.com/xfa-blog-entry/whitebeards-quakes-calculations-amp-assumptions.20978/

Well even old Whitebeard is the strongest man in the world. I think wiki reject the 6-A calc, that's why Gwynbleidd redone it. However I am not suggesting it's an outlier, One Piece is an ongoing manga and there's bound to be power creep and better feats post timeskip.

Didn't the Whitebeard calc get debunked?

Also I'm still very doubtful about scaling Birdcage to Doffy's AP and physical Durability. The technique is obvisouly stronger than his "normal" threads. The fact that many high profile characters couldn't do anything to it speaks for itself.

Joseph619 said:
Well even old Whitebeard is the strongest man in the world. I think wiki reject the 6-A calc, that's why Gwynbleidd redone it. However I am not suggesting it's an outlier, One Piece is an ongoing manga and there's bound to be power creep and better feats post timeskip.
Ant also said he might revisit this calc because of the new upgrades

and you brought up that large island level calc, which probably is now outdated considering the new scale of the world.

But that will be a seperate debate entirely.

ScarletFirefly said:
Also I'm still very doubtful about scaling Birdcage to Doffy's AP and physical Durability. The technique is obvisouly stronger than his "normal" threads. The fact that many high profile characters couldn't do anything to it speaks for itself.
Yes it got debunked. It's now up to the staff members who read One Piece to decide whether bird cage scales to normal durability of Doflamingo. I am fine with either.

Joseph619 said:
ScarletFirefly said:
Yes it got debunked. It's now up to the staff members who read One Piece to decide whether bird cage scales to normal durability of Doflamingo. I am fine with either.
Considering the new scale, a revisit is indeed necesarry but still.

@Firefly

And also, I dont think it is stronger then his normal threads.

It is part of his devil fruit and this didnt include his awakening which allows a more powerful boost to his ability.

It didn't get debunked, it said on the comments they discarded it as an outlier, if you're gonna use the obd as reference then wb should be small continent level because that's what they have him on there

Frozone54666 said:
It didn't get debunked, it said on the comments they discarded it as an outlier, if you're gonna use the obd as reference then wb should be small continent level because that's what they have him on there
I think the wiki did not like the method of the calc, although I don't remember the basis. You can ask Gwynbleidd and Donttalk since they rejected it.

But yes, the calc might have to be redone since the size of the planet has been rescaled

If we accept OBD, Then all the yonko's and admirals will be brought up to High 6-B

If we accept this controversial calc, 6-A, Possibly High 6-A

I honestly don't like either tbh.

I do think someone should revisit it.

Might as well do it now rather then later.

Yeah, as we're doing One Piece now lets get it over with altogether. Lina Shields might be interested to redo the Whitebeard calc with the new scaling

Birdcage>>>>>>>>>>>> Doffy's normal AP and physical Durability

so how does his AP and physical Durability get scal from that

Omimi said:
Birdcage>>>>>>>>>>>> Doffy's normal AP and physical Durability
so how does his AP and physical Durability get scal from that
Are you insinuating that his bird cage is weaker then his normal abilities or even just his awakening?

It just scales

Luffy's attack all scale well with one another and they stack with multiple punches/gears, why should we give special treatment to doflamingo?

All paramecias, especially those in the producer and metamorphsis class are fairly consistent with their power.

Joseph619 said:
Yeah, as we're doing One Piece now lets get it over with altogether. Lina Shields might be interested to redo the Whitebeard calc with the new scaling
Do you want me to ask Lina or do you wanna ask?

Maybe Cin also might be willing to do it.

KinkiestSins said:
Do you want me to ask Lina or do you wanna ask?
Maybe Cin also might be willing to do it.

You can ask her, I already took a lot of her time with my gurren lagann upgrades

Joseph619 said:
Frozone54666 said:
I think the wiki did not like the method of the calc, although I don't remember the basis. You can ask Gwynbleidd and Donttalk since they rejected it.
But yes, the calc might have to be redone since the size of the planet has been rescaled
The primary reason why the Continent level calc was discarded was because there were no feats nearly strong enough at the time. You can see that if you just scrolled down for the comments on the Page for Whitebeard's Quakes. However, now there are a bunch of Country level players so it should be consistent given that WB is the God Tier of One Piece verse

Omimi said:
i said Birdcage is stronger the his AP and physical Durability
No evidence or constiency with what we know about devil fruit shows that.

And that is not including his awakening, which is much 'stronger' then his normal abilities

The primary reason why the Continent level calc was discarded was because there were no feats nearly strong enough at the time. You can see that if you just scrolled down for the comments on the Page for Whitebeard's Quakes. However, now there are a bunch of Country level players so it should be consistent given that WB is the God Tier of One Piece verse
It still might be a good idea to revisit the calc.

Just for clarification sake.

KinkiestSins said:
The calc listed above is why. Doflamingos bird cage is a country level ap attack/technique.
Bird cage isn't a country level attack, it's just durable enough to tank an attack calc'd at country level, which according to cin should have the same strength as his normal threads do.

Yeah, why I phrased it that way lol. Paramecia Devil fruits usually are pretty consistent. Probably phrased badly in hindsight but in this post, it seems the consensus that he can also country bust as well.

So phrased badly without context. But not exactly 100% wrong. The only person who hasnt responded is Aizen and Dash, they havent gave their opinion yet.

Did that Whitebeard feat where he shakes the Earth actually happen? The above calc assumes that the OP planet itself is Earth-sized, except that we know that the OP planet has been calculated to be much bigger.

Unless we are directly shown that Whitebeard was able to shake the entirety of the world, we should not count Whitebeard's theoretical quake as a legitimate feat.

First of all I agree that the low 6-b ratings are wrong and need fixing.I think Kinkiest can handle that scaling

I have a issue with the birdcage scaling to the ap of the meteor aswell, the kinetic energy of the meteor was not stopped at all, which is neccessary to scale the birdcage to the meteorite. It only sliced it which requires alot less energy to do.

Again, that first whitebeard calc is debunked and the other one is absurd hyperbole. It assumes earth size One piece planet, which we do not accept. We accept the one piece planet as larger than our sun. So it's going to give insane results if we used that.

We accept the One Piece world as larger than our Sun? I thought that it was considerably larger, but that seems ridiculous. It would be completely impossible to travel from one part to another.

It appears that the OP planet calculation was not accepted. However that theoertical calc is still nonsensical and unfounded. OP planet is still much larger than earths

Just like Aizen, I also have a problem on how we deal with the birdcage calc. Speficially how the durability of the bird cage was scaled to the meteor even though the bird cage merely sliced through the meteor due to its extremely sharp and narrow space and thus did not stop the meteor but spread out its attack radius.

Me and Lina are fixing the calc right now so any changes should be momentarily halted until this is fixed.

So Aizen, lemme ask you.

Do you think we should scale to 6-B for relevant characters, since apparently the calc for the planet was not accepted.

I do think that the second statement is right and reasonable.

The second one, I agree kinda, but wouldn't that require another calc? Do you agree with the 6-B ranking or not?

I am a little lost.

What I would do is scale everyone we know 100% should scale to fujitora. So Whitebeard,other admirals,sengoku,garp,Kaidou etc etc.

People closer to the doflamingo level should wait until the factor I mentioned is made into a new calc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back