• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Scaling, Some Upgrades and Some Downgrades as I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather the ones who we firmly against this in the last thread come here as there opinion is a spark for all of this.

Just got back to read this.

If Sanji and Zoro are comparable to base luffy or gear 2nd/3rd luffy

They should all immediately be scaled to what that Luffy is currently at.

I mostly agree Cin, but I do the only thing I have to ask about your tiering is Chinjao.

I skimmed through and I am not sure personally where to place him at.

If Zoro and Sanji end up being low 6-b or 6-b, it should be to say that they are At Least High 7-A (Since they are comparable to base luffy), Likely 6-B.

Does that work with you Cin?

If you do agree with that, I can get started to changing the Mid and Upper Mid tiers if you want on their profile for their appropriate reasons.

KinkiestSins said:
If you do agree with that, I can get started to changing the Mid and Upper Mid tiers if you want on their profile for their appropriate reasons.
Wait for staff members, changing profiles back and forth won't help

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I still say wait for Aizen and Bluedash. That way this won't be brought up agai
I forgot about them lol, my bad. I got caffeine jitters and high.

College Student Problems.

@Kinkiest - Chinjao might have to be something like "At least 7-A, At most 6-B",

7-A for being stronger than the other Coliseum fighters and the executives, At most 6-B for the fact that he actually gave Luffy some sort of fight, and he did take a hit.

But i honestly think Chinjao should stay At least 7-A since he got whooped by Lao G.

Actually, I think Lao G stated that Chinjao had weakened, so we can probably scale Chinjao to At most 6-B with Lao G being downgraded.

CinCameron20 said:
@Kinkiest - Chinjao might have to be something like "At least 7-A, At most 6-B",
7-A for being stronger than the other Coliseum fighters and the executives, At most 6-B for the fact that he actually gave Luffy some sort of fight, and he did take a hit.

But i honestly think Chinjao should stay At least 7-A since he got whooped by Lao G.
Yeah, makes sense to me

I agree with Joseph619. Sanji and Zoro are clearly supposed to be at least comparable to base Luffy.

So I am keeping tally. Chinjao: At Least Mountain Level, At Most Country Level Zoro and Sanji: At least Large Mountain Level, Possibly Country Level Is that right so far Ant? I feel like I am forgetting someone.

I also think if there is any supernova pages out there, most of them should be labeled Unknown until further notice. Maybe Urogue can be upgraded to Possibly Country Level if he hasnt already.

It depends on what rating that base Luffy has received. I am not in-depth well-versed regarding this issue, as I have a lot of tasks to handle at once.

I understand, I went over this with Cin and if I remember, base luffy is high 7-A Which to be fair, makes sense since if we scale that to our new scaling Zoro far enough ahead of Pica that that rating makes sense and Sanji did beat up a weakened base Luffy. But tbh, Base Luffy could be much higher or lower for all i know. I dont do calcs, I am just a one piece fan in this context lol.

Well, then I think that Sanji and Zoro should likely scale from that.

I think it is due to fighting Fujitora on almost even footing.

No, it is likely not sufficiently out of the ordinary for that. Also, I do not think that his gear 4 form is a overwhelming power-up. He likely turns 4-5 times stronger or so at most.

Yes but we also downgraded characters based on the logic of "should and shouldn't be" not being a reasonable argument. As well as any said character who faced them without a transformation an outlier or PIS. And I still agree with Aizen's comment about the Bird Cage on the other thread I linked in which should be considered. I will link it once again.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/659695

Dragon you dont read one piece and you have said it yourself that you are biased against it so you better leave this to the mods who actaully read one piece and have knowledge of it instead of repeating the same thing over and over again.

Bepo4151 said:
Dragon you dont read one piece and you have said it yourself that you are biased against it so you better leave this to the mods who actaully read one piece and have knowledge of it instead of repeating the same thing over and over again.
Doesn't stop you from commenting on FT downgrades now does it? How about you shut up and let me comment where I want to comment. If I have an opinion on something whether it is out of bias or not, I am allowed to comment. People with bias against other franchises comment on downgrades for that verse all the time. I'm not different. I'm an opposition simple as that. I am going by context given to me which is all I need.

Anyway for your information my points were brought up by mods who read One Piece. LordAizenSama whose a former Admin, same with Kuuichigo and Bluedash.

There is a difference tho. I read Fairy Tail and you don't read One Piece. Again wait for Aizen and the others to comment.

Directly from the other thread.

"Most of the issues (or rather the most pressing issue out of several)) seem to stem from Doflamingos birdcage scaling to his normal attacks. This should not be the case at all.

Why would the birdcage be a threat at all if someone like Luffy can break his strings??? Its insane.

And again you are scaling people to feats to which they have no business scaling to. "They shouldnt be much weaker" is not a argument or proof for scaling just below the calc"

Bepo4151 said:
There is a difference tho. I read Fairy Tail and you don't read One Piece. Again wait for Aizen and the others to comment.
I've been saying that this entire time....Read my messages next time.

Guys tone it down please.

There are issues with OP character scaling that are also being discussed here. I've no idea why there are several threads about this, but whatever.

Zoro and sanji should be 6-b because base luffy is, Zoro already has shown he has an attack more powerful then luffy in gear 3 and sanji managed to hurt luffy, there's evidence no one can refute which is why my pica example was ignored

And I don't really care about chinjao and the irrelevant fodder in doffys crew

Actually, I have read all of One Piece, and think that the staff should try to be as unbiased as possible.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Again is it not PIS or an outlier for base Luffy?
dont know if its pis or not but

its not base luffy

its Gear 2nd+haki= red hawk

and red hawk its not base luffys attack

its 1 of his strongest attack in Gear 2nd with haki combine

Antvasima said:
Actually, I have read all of One Piece, and think that the staff should try to be as unbiased as possible.
I have been unbiased and have given reasonable arguments and I have indeed said that I may be wrong. Just because I don't like a series doesn't mean I cannot make a judgment based on what I've seen, correct?

However, I will say I've let my bias come through(And of corse some salt.) so what Bepo says is right. And I apologize. However, I still hold my position on the update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back