• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Scaling, Some Upgrades and Some Downgrades as I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antvasima said:
If we accept a planet larger than the Sun, we would also likely get a tier High 5-A Whitebeard, which seems preposterous.
One Piece is already confirmed to have spaceships, aliens, and space-pirates from Enel's cover-story where he went to the moon. Plus OP has two "star-esque" feats already, being Big Mom's homie that was called a sun and BB's black-holes.

Everybody on this site once agreed that High 4-C Toriko was preposterous too.

There is a significant upgrade for Don Chinjao's arctic-continent bust in the works also.

Well, we would need considerable amounts of further explicit evidence to accept a High 5-A scale for One Piece characters.

Agreed.

Given the existence of spaceships and space-pirates it's possible Big Mom's sun homie is a real star given the way her ability works. But beyond a doubt we need to wait and see.

DocAnimeTheory said:
Antvasima said:
If we accept a planet larger than the Sun, we would also likely get a tier High 5-A Whitebeard, which seems preposterous.
One Piece is already confirmed to have spaceships, aliens, and space-pirates from Enel's cover-story where he went to the moon. Plus OP has two "star-esque" feats already, being Big Mom's homie that was called a sun and BB's black-holes.
Everybody on this site once agreed that High 4-C Toriko was preposterous too.

There is a significant upgrade for Don Chinjao's arctic-continent bust in the works also.
Are you suggesting that one piece might eventually be upgraded in the tier 5 to 4 range in the future?

My fanboy screams at this, but my rational side goes "NO NO NO."

That said, I want to edit the scaling slightly when Chinjao's continent feat, doflamingos birdcage and the world of op has been done.

Since my opinion has been changed on some of them.

Mainly: Zoro, Sanji, Chinjao etc. Most of the characters in the 7-A range I listed might be placed higher.

As a comparison the Toriko verse god tier went from 5-A to at least 4-A. So it's not out of the question for OP to go from 6-A to High 5-A.

Until we get more feats that remotely approach that scale, yes it definitely is.

DocAnimeTheory said:
As a comparison the Toriko verse god tier went from 5-A to at least 4-A. So it's not out of the question for OP to go from 6-A to High 5-A.
That does make sense. I have not seen Toriko, but I did 'see' them getting upgraded from 5-A to High 4-C and then the gods got 4-A I am just a little skeptical, but I am going to give benefit of the doubt here.. That said, the big issues right now are bird cage, planet size and scaling atm..

Regardless, even if we wanted to calc the feat again, nothing suggests that WB's "quakes" reached to the ends of the world, or even the Grand Line, for that matter. Unless we get confirmation via character, or learn of the island that was affected by the power, calcing it is a pipe dream.

Nothing can solidify higher than 6-B at the moment due to the information provided from the verse being quite limited. We may see something insane sooner or later, especially now that we're just a couple chapters away before chaos ensues and we see a Yonko pissed off.

Well, as I mentioned earlier, I am fine with an "At least 6-B" rating for the most powerful characters.

I'm pretty sure Tsuru was alluding to the immense influence that Yonkou have across the One Piece world. They can literally do anything to anyone. And Sengoku talking about "the world" actually equates to the "World Government"

These statements are also coming from Sengoku and Tsuru, the two brightest in all of the marines. Hyperbole? Maybe. But I doubt they will just throw that out there because they want to be dramatic

That said, we need more feats to conclusively say he is in that range.

I'm sorry, but that is just too contradictory. You can't have a massive Planet and world encircling waves at the same time. I mean, the ******* Tsunami would probably end up being MHS+ to sub-Rel depending on the planetary size and assumed timeframe

...do you know what a tsunami does? It goes out to sea, and then comes back. It did not cross the entire world thats just pure wank and headcanon on your part. Any claim that whitebeard can destroy the world is clearly hyperbole.

I agree with Aizen. Please drop this immediately.

Also, if a tidal wave actually went around the world, that is just more evidence that the One Piece planet is not intended to be anywhere near the size of our Sun.

@Aizen So, which, if any, characters do you think should qualify for a 6-B rating?

Imo the god tiers only for now. That just being the Yonkou,Prime Garp and Roger. And maybe Mihawk aswell. They should be comparable to anything fujitora could do

Then the people on Fujitoras level and lower just need sorting out, somehow. It's a massive problem and im not sure how to deal with it

LordAizenSama said:
...do you know what a tsunami does? It goes out to sea, and then comes back. It did not cross the entire world thats just pure wank and headcanon on your part. Any claim that whitebeard can destroy the world is clearly hyperbole.
The discussion, with all due respect Is dead until we get the calcs in. I think this scaling is fine with minor adjustments, but you said yourself you didnt believe in a 6-B rating for the bird cage I can remove this thread since it seems like this discussion wont be going no where, I saved the crucial points anyway. Or Ant could close it I think this discussion is dead atm anyway.

LordAizenSama said:
Imo the god tiers only for now. That just being the Yonkou and Roger. And maybe Mihawk aswell. They should be comparable to anything fujitora could do
Then the people on Fujitoras level and lower just need sorting out, somehow. It's a massive problem and im not sure how to deal with it
I agree with this. Although Prime Garp and possibly Dragon should scale to god tier.

Could be tired and forgetting exactly what you said though Aizen btw, So If I am on a different channel with you, correct me now please.

LordAizenSama said:
...do you know what a tsunami does? It goes out to sea, and then comes back. It did not cross the entire world thats just pure wank and headcanon on your part.
Any claim that whitebeard can destroy the world is clearly hyperbole.
Hmm. You seem to be right. I thought the statements right after from Sengoku and Tsuru may have relevance to the feat. Which is why i said "possibly".

KinkiestSins said:
The discussion, with all due respect Is dead until we get the calcs in. I think this scaling is fine with minor adjustments, but you said yourself you didnt believe in a 6-B rating for the bird cage I can remove this thread since it seems like this discussion wont be going no where, I saved the crucial points anyway. Or Ant could close it I think this discussion is dead atm anyway.
Pretty much. Im against having the birdcage scale to the meteor. Fujitora himself may not even scale to his own feat but the god tiers above him probably should. And like you said that topic is dead in the water until we get a calc for that

@Aizen and Ant I request this thread to be closed. I will remake a much, much shorter thread when the new calcs in. I do agree though that the scaling with the yonko, mihawk and roger should apply. Maybe Dragon as well? Although he has no feats or even a scalable character too, so I am sure that might be inconclusive at best.

We shouldnt scale dragon to anyone, we know literally nothing about his powerlevel. He is "the most dangerous man in the world", but that is from the Tenryubito's point of view, which can lead to him knowing the truth about the phoneglyphs (of course, this is speculation, the point is not scaling him since it would be unreliable either way).

PaChi2 said:
We shouldnt scale dragon to anyone, we know literally nothing about his powerlevel. He is "the most dangerous man in the world", but that is from the Tenryubito's point of view, which can lead to him knowing the truth about the phoneglyphs (of course, this is speculation, the point is not scaling him since it would be unreliable either way).
A possibly 6-B ranking might fit. Since Sabo was able to fight Fujitora for a time, Dragon should indeed be stronger. It would be disingenuous imo to put him lower or even at Unknown. He should still be comparable to Fujitora in some capacity.

Okay. I will close this thread, since it is turning too long. When you create a continuation, please summarise the most important parts of the previous discussion in the first post, and also provide a link to this thread within it.

It is also probably best if I wait with closing this until after you have created a continuation thread, and linked to it in a post here.

If anyone brings up the "WB was stated to..." one more time, I will laugh.

If Fujitora is indeed going to be 6-B anyways, Base Luffy scales. He actually gave him a tough fight, and this is proven when Fujitora is sweating profusely and breathing heavily by the end of their confrontation.

Alright @Ant - the thread is getting pretty long. I'll look for the new thread.

@Aizen - I can revisit calculating the J/per second calc of Bird-Cage enclosing. I got something like Small Country+ or higher, but I did it wrong, obviously :#.

We should agree on the god tiers before we open the new thread.

They are Roger, the Yonko, Mihawk, Prime Garp, and possibly Dragon. Thoughts?

Sengoku is as strong as Garp, I think, and the admirals almost as strong.

What we saw in his marineford, it is impossible to say that old WB> admirals. WB attack from the back = very little damage. Retaliation Akainu = loss of half of his head. Even after that Akainu alone fought against the WB commanders. Other admirals, he even could not break through. Unknown the balance of power between wb and other yonko. Blackbeard was ready to fight with Garp and Sengoku, but later ran away from Akainu one. Kaido is probably the strong at the expense of immortality, he has 7 losses. BigMom is not impressive. I believe that at this point you need to consider them equal. Need more information.

Antvasima said:
Sengoku is as strong as Garp, I think, and the admirals almost as strong.
Sengoku pinned a bloodlusted Garp after Sakazuki killed Ace. Even though this was not Prime Garp, neither was it Prime Sengoku. So Sengoku should be roughly equal if not stronger than Garp.

Plus Sengoku, Sakazuki, and the other admirals should scale to Old WB from the War of the Best.

someone like Dragon is to be left as Unknown. Unlike Roger, Dragon has never been stated to fight any acclaimed character.

Dragon's chief-of-staff, Sabo, was able to fight on equal grounds with Issho. Which should speak quite a bit about the strength of Dragon, the most dangerous man in the world according to Sengoku.

Plus iirc Ivankov implied Dragon could invade Marinford, similar to WB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back