• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Question (The Navy and pirate fodders)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
I've been watching some one piece and I just gotta ask... Why do the Navy use guns and cannons against the very strong pirates? With their level of durability it shouldn't work at all and I see Pirates use guns on Admiral's and they go logia and let them pass through... Why? It shouldnt do anything. The do this a lot for some reason, dose the creator of One Piece not know the durability of his own characters or are these guns and bombs using special powder or something.

I mean they have these guys getting thrown through dozens of buildings creating massive craters and all that stuff yet they write the story as if they think guns still work... Unless... This might be a stretch but do you think One Piece characters are weak to bullets and grenades!.

LOL just kidding about that last part but seriously, why are they still using guns in this show.

One Piece characters are weak to guns and sharp attaks like knife etc. if i take shotgun aim to Shanks's head and shot-he will died:0

Ryop said:
One Piece characters are weak to guns and sharp attaks like knife etc. if i take shotgun aim to Shanks's head and shot-he will died:0
Thats just...

No.

Okay, the general reason is like in most military, it is all on who gets what weapons.

In most real world militarys, better guns are granted for those of higher rank.

Same concept applies here

You just cant give regular joe a df, six styles or haki because those are already rare/physically intesive abilities.

That is also why most captains and higher either are great haki users, have mastery of the six styles or a devil fruit.

They dont need a gun.

And to be fair, most regular criminals can be put down by a gun anyway. Hell, early one piece, guns were somewhat surious threat for even zoro who was going to die by a firing squad.

KinkiestSins said:
Ryop said:
Thats just...
No.

Okay, the general reason is like in most military, it is all on who gets what weapons.

In most real world militarys, better guns are granted for those of higher rank.

Same concept applies here

You just cant give regular joe a df, six styles or haki because those are already rare/physically intesive abilities.

That is also why most captains and higher either are great haki users, have mastery of the six styles or a devil fruit.

They dont need a gun.

And to be fair, most regular criminals can be put down by a gun anyway. Hell, early one piece, guns were somewhat surious threat for even zoro who was going to die by a firing squad.
That One Piece's logic and there are countless examples for that during the whole series,take it or leave it

Zoro is literally cannot cut through seastone which is only as hard as diamond..

What's that have anything to do with what I said? I don't remember claiming that Zoro was capable of cutting through sea stone.

Jesus ******* christ it turn out op fan in here was the same as op fan on my home country Forum who believes cutting something as hard as diamond was really ******* impressive and hard thing to do when you have a character who can cut a mountain.

Perhaps we should close this thread before it gets out of hand?

The navy and pirate fodder are obviously gonna use regular weapons to fight if they don't have devil fruits or haki which they don't, at the end of the day it's not up to the fodder to take out the big players the fodders objective is to take out other fodder, and secondly "level of durability" is irrelevant, one piece characters are still humans and their skin can be pierced by swords and guns, whitebeard the strongest man in the world was getting pierced by swords and damaged by cannons, it doesn't do any major damage but it still contributes and is better then nothing, there is also something called sea stone bullets which can hurt logias but their rarely used since the material is expensive and rare, if their were super humans in the real world a lot of people would still be using regular weapons so your questioning real life "logic" aswell

Of course the Navy guys can hurt them with guns, else there wouldn't be a sense of threat from the Navy at all. Animes don't make sense a lot of times for the sake of the story.

I never expected this thread to get a little wild. I know they shouldn't be able to hurt them but it is strange that they make them run in and fire and then the strong guys dodge the bullet like it was going to do something.

I really was just curious about why they send fodders to take on the pirates knowing they damn well can't do anything. Like a few days ago I watch the pirates go and try to save Ace and the Admirals where just watching Whiteboard destroy fodders even though they should have instantly jumped in.

I know this is done in many fiction especially anime but jeez. Anyway I was just wondering if they where using special bullets or something but it seems its the way its written.

This can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back