• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... Enel's tier (7C) isn't going to change, right? Can't we just downgrade "everyone" post-skypiea to something like "at least 7C (should be stronger than Enel)" until we have something better?
Slapping tier randomly isn't concrete enough, we should wait to have something better to replace with ratings with. From what I remember there's a few calcs from that saga that need to be discussed first.

Hmm... Enel's tier (7C) isn't going to change, right? Can't we just downgrade "everyone" post-skypiea to something like "at least 7C (should be stronger than Enel)" until we have something better?
Most of that would be baseless. Enel one/two shot most of his enemies with casual attacks. Saying anyone's stronger than Enel without a "strongest foe" statement is just headcanon.

Thriller Bark characters scale to Asgard Moria who is Small City level, so everyone post-skypiea wouldn't be 7-C

Never said to do it randomly, everyone in CP9 has a multiplier being applied on-top of scaling to Enel (except Kalifa) due to Blueno vs Skypiea Luffy, remove the multiplier, which was already invalidated, and we have their whole group being above Enel, if there are character that scale to L7B then they obviously aren't affected by this change, but Ashura and Doriki related ratings could be downgraded to 7C.

No one has debunked them, I'm waiting for Damage's counter
I thought we agreed on them being unuseable earlier in the thread?

The shadows can "multiply" a persons strength, but it is not necessarily a 100x, or a 1000x multiplier. Also, each shadow is different in strength, aren't they? You'd have to assume every single random shadow is as strong as Luffy or as strong as Moria if it is multiplying their level of strength.

Like, what is the evidence for the multiplier exactly? That Luffy and Moria got stronger? That alone isn't enough for a multiplier.

I thought we agreed on them being unuseable earlier in the thread?
We agreed on the incredibly inflated results to not be used.
The shadows can "multiply" a persons strength, but it is not necessarily a 100x, or a 1000x multiplier. Also, each shadow is different in strength, aren't they?
Shadows don't vary in strength. It's all based on the user.
0455-009.png

Like, what is the evidence for the multiplier exactly? That Luffy and Moria got stronger? That alone isn't enough for a multiplier.
Okay, let me try to argue in Moria's favor a bit.

Just like in the KHR thread, no author would say something is being multiplied by a small number like 1,2 and really treat it as a game changing power increase, so it is likely a 2x, Lola said it would multiply his power knowing that most only resist 2-3 shadows, if 2 shadows = 2x then Nighmare Luffy is 100x stronger, if 3 shadows = 2x then he is 66x stronger. If we go by the logic that every shadow adds to Luffy an amount equal to his base stats, 1 shadow would already be a 2x and thus it would end in a 101x, Moria can then be either a 1000x, 660x or 1010x.

Here it is, now i can agree with the multipliers, what about everyone else?
Stephen Paul's translation says
Lola: We can use Moria's powers to make you several times as strong as you are now!!

And they can only take 2 or 3.
Luffy took 100 shadows. Minimum it would be is 100 since several = at least 3. Most it would be is 150.
2 shadows for 3x means 1 shadow = 1.5x.
3 shadow for 3x means 1 shadow = 1x

x = number of shadows.

I'm advocating for the first one. Not because it has a higher value, but because the fact that even 2 rose people's powers is a lot. We see fodder people w/ strong shadows and their abilities are crazy. Lola wouldn't mention 2 if it didn't have much to do w/ the equation.

I'm against using Luffy's gatling with the golden ball as the basis for scaling here. I don't think we've ever done that for Luffy in all of One Piece.

Someone sum up the reasons why scaling to the golden ball would work and why it wouldn't work again please?

There's literally no way to call a town - large town level feat an outlier when they have small city feats down the line...

Someone sum up the reasons why scaling to the golden ball would work and why it wouldn't work again please?
The only reason why it is so high is because of the sheer mass of the golden ball in the first place. Something Luffy's fist ordinarily lacks. Some people don't believe this is an issue, but I do.

More importantly though, there's also the issue of it not just being the force of Luffy's attack the disrupts the cloud, but the fact that the golden ball is specified as being a conductor. Meaning it is possible that the feat simply couldn't have happened without the ball being present, meaning it is not just AP-based.

Look at it like this;

1) Luffy swings his arms around, but from the outside the clouds are still in their spherical shape.

2) Luffy's golden conductor discharges the electricity that is holding the clouds together in a sphere, and the whole thing collapses.

So it's possible that it isn't Luffy's swinging alone that is pushing the clouds back, but also the lack of Enel's electricity holding it together that is causing it to fall to pieces.

And as you mentioned, it is a gatling attack in regards of the cloud. So it's actually Luffy swinging his arms around in all directions possible dozens of times, not just a straight punch or one swing.

The only reason why it is so high is because of the sheer mass of the golden ball in the first place. Something Luffy's fist ordinarily lacks. Some people don't believe this is an issue, but I do.

And as you mentioned, it is a gatling attack in regards of the cloud. So it's actually Luffy swinging his arms around in all directions possible dozens of times, not just a straight punch or one swing.
Why not add a *next to his justification as "with golden ball" its not like its an outlier or breaks the scaling of pre timeskip. if it had an outcome of mountain or even high city level I would understand. but just like tempest said there's even small city feats down the line.

Why not add a *next to his justification as "with golden ball" its not like its an outlier or breaks the scaling of pre timeskip. if it had an outcome of mountain or even high city level I would understand. but just like tempest said there's even small city feats down the line.
We can, the problem is that no one would scale, even the multiplier via shadows wouldn't scale to anyone due to shadows not being used anymore, so we still need to find another way to tier them.

I still think the 7C downgrade is the best option, since it only changes CP9 and a few TB characters (i.e tiers that were previously based on multipliers), so we will be able to discuss Post-TS again, where most of the scaling problems are.

I said in the past that I'm fine with that option, but others didn't like it.

Are we going to discuss Marineford scaling at all?
I think we can jump MF, but anyway, Aokiji has that 419MTs calc so if we go to MF before post-TS i think most characters would get an "at least 419MTs" until we go to post-TS where there are better feats to scale the high and top tiers

Ace's passive feat was accepted (Thanks Damage!)

It's a 7-A+ to High 7-A calc.

So now the admirals have a different place to scale instead of 419 megatons. Thank God.

We're gonna have a separate thread for the God Tier scaling since this affects more than Marineford people. That on its own is a large topic. Unless you guys want to do it here, then we can.

Both are usable and accepted.

The first one is accounting for everything under a certain mountain, the second one is accounting for everything under the certain mountain + under the clouds (which I failed to account for previously).

Regardless, this scales to everyone who currently scales to Aokiji's 419 Megaton calc.

Last edited:
I said in the past that I'm fine with that option, but others didn't like it.
Luffy doesn't go into the average fight with a golden ball on his hand, especially since he can't melt it on there. It's like giving Oars "with Whitebeard's ship".

Need to wait for them to get accepted, after they do we'll make a CRT on Marineford stats.
I think most of them are accepted, no? Mitch said the H6C calc was good, Ugarik did the same in the 6B-H6B calcs.

But since it will have a thread of it's own, we need to finish this one ASAP.

Luffy doesn't go into the average fight with a golden ball on his hand, especially since he can't melt it on there. It's like giving Oars "with Whitebeard's ship".
We can add "with the golden ball" in his tiers/ap and put the golden ball as optional equipment.

I think most of them are accepted, no? Mitch said the H6C calc was good, Ugarik did the same in the 6B-H6B calcs.
Every single one except the newest one has been accepted (it hasn't been declined, it's just waiting for approval).
But since it will have a thread of it's own, we need to finish this one ASAP.
Agree
We can add "with the golden ball" in his tiers/ap and put the golden ball as optional equipment.
I can get by this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back