• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Oh shit, Giant Hands and Flaming Feet actually do be strong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean I was just following the keys that were previously listed as Sanji's Profile distinctly separates Late WCI and Dressrosa, but if you take issue with that, we can backscale a lot more people to Low 6-B, which I am also fine with as I don't believe the Yonko are as untouchable as we currently list them to be
My issue is that I don't think we should backscale half of the verse from the God Tiers, but if you do go down this path of scaling than there are way more characters that you have to include.

My issue is that I don't think we should backscale half of the verse from the God Tiers, but if you do go down this path of scaling than there are way more characters that you have to include.
Well then we include them, it's very clear from Oda himself that Gear 3rd Luffy and Diable Jambe scale to Big Mom, so yeah, I'll stop dancing around it and say it effects a decent amount of characters, a bunch of characters getting upgraded by this doesn't make it wrong

If characters have the feats that scales them to Gear 3rd Luffy and Diable Jambe Sanji, then they would scale

The verse's God Tiers are not currently built on actual feats for scaling. This is the scaling chain being presented:

Whitebeard’s Devil Fruit Attack Potency (12.64 Teratons) = Gol D. Roger’s Striking Strength
Gol D. Roger’s Striking Strength = Prime Whitebeard’s Striking Strength
Prime Whitebeard’s Striking Strength = Old Whitebeard's Striking Strength
Old Whitebeard's Striking Strength = 1-armed Shanks' Striking Strength
1-armed Shanks' Striking Strength = 2-handed Kaido Striking Strength
2-handed Kaido Striking Strength = 2-handed Big Mom's Striking Strength
1-handed Big Mom's Striking Strength = 6.32 Teratons
1-handed Big Mom's Striking Strength = Post-Timeskip Luffy's Gear 3 Striking Strength + Whole Cake Island Diable Jambe Sanji's Striking Strength = 3.16 Teratons each

Roger does not have actual feats of matching Whitebeard's Devil Fruit head-on. No actual Country level feats there.

Kaido does not have actual feats of matching Shanks. It's just being assumed that his two-handed swing in base form is equal to Shanks clashing with Old Whitebeard.

There are many assumptions at the root of this scaling chain for me to be totally comfortable with upgrading several more characters to this level.

We're proposing backscaling Whole Cake Island arc Luffy and Sanji to be 1/4 of Gol D. Roger and Prime Whitebeard, strongest pirates ever, because they had one clash with Big Mom when she was aiming for Reiju?

We have a lot more feats and actual fights for the majority of the Post-Timeskip characters who are much more consistently varying from City level to Mountain level. I think it is inconsistent for all of these characters to be Small Country level or Small Country level+.

Last edited:
You know with all the vsdebates where i went against one piece fans i forgot i am a fan of one piece.

I agree with the upgrade. It seems more consistent than what we have rn.

Either way they're gonna get nerfed to 7-B within 2 weeks
and then buffed to 5-B on the third week

We're proposing backscaling Whole Cake Island arc Luffy and Sanji to be 1/4 of Gol D. Roger and Prime Whitebeard, strongest pirates ever, because they had one clash with Big Mom when she was aiming for Reiju?
Yes... You're acting like that isn't consistent, in WCI, Luffy is directly fighting Yonko and Yonko Commanders, the immediate arc afterwards, Luffy and Sanji are fighting the Yonko and Yonko Commanders again, the Yonko are not untouchable Gods at all, Gear 3rd Luffy and Diable Sanji being Low 6-B is completely consistent, not to mention they're 6-B in Wano anyways

You seem to take issue with the gaps between characters being 1000x and then also take issue with backscaling characters from a single calc, so you have conflicting viewpoints here, you can't have your cake and eat it too, why you believe it makes sense for these guys to be 1000 of times weaker than the Yonko is beyond me when we clearly see even without getting stronger at the beginning of the timeskip, Gear 3rd and Gear 4th Luffy are doing well against Yonko and their Commanders

in WCI, Luffy is directly fighting Yonko and Yonko Commanders

Those Yonko Commanders are scaling from Luffy in the first place. They can't be used to support his rating.

the immediate arc afterwards, Luffy and Sanji are fighting the Yonko and Yonko Commanders again,

Which doesn't apply to the earlier versions of Luffy and Sanji.

the Yonko are not untouchable Gods at all

Sure. That's why I think they're a lot lower than their current rating.

You seem to take issue with the gaps between characters being 1000x and then also take issue with backscaling characters from a single calc, so you have conflicting viewpoints here, you can't have your cake and eat it too, why you believe it makes sense for these guys to be 1000 of times weaker than the Yonko is beyond me when we clearly see even without getting stronger at the beginning of the timeskip, Gear 3rd and Gear 4th Luffy are doing well against Yonko and their Commanders

I would much rather downgrade Big Mom's Striking Strength and rate Big Mom and Kaido on their actual feats in the arc than in scaling them to Shanks, Gol. D Roger and Whitebeard.

If we're talking about consistency then why is it that the highest calc in the entire verse is going to be used for the ratings of half the verse?

Last edited:
The verse's God Tiers are not currently built on actual feats for scaling. This is the scaling chain being presented:

Roger does not have actual feats of matching Whitebeard's Devil Fruit head-on. No actual Country level feats there.

Kaido does not have actual feats of matching Shanks. It's just being assumed that his two-handed swing in base form is equal to Shanks clashing with Old Whitebeard.

There are many assumptions at the root of this scaling chain for me to be totally comfortable with upgrading several more characters to this level.

We have a lot more feats and actual fights for the majority of the Post-Timeskip characters who are much more consistently varying from City level to Mountain level. I think it is inconsistent for all of these characters to be Small Country level or Small Country level+.
That's just your personal belief speaking, what do you mean that vast majority of the characters are consistently City level to mountain level? It's only thanks to downgrading Dressrosa to smaller and lower than a town that "it's consistent" despite the fact it's blatantly wrong and goes against Oda's intentions & words, but I guess it doesn't matter as long as it fits your narrative of City lvl Dressrosa which everyone disagrees, but wouldn't stop you from making that into reality anyways.

Your entire argument can be summed up to "It's too high, I don't like it", but if it were to be used to downplay more than 50+ characters you would be fine with it. Are we really going to discredit all these Gear 3 and Diablo Jambe feats because it upgrades too many characters? Sorry damage, I strongly disagree with you on this.

That's just your personal belief speaking, what do you mean that vast majority of the characters are consistently City level to mountain level? It's only thanks to downgrading Dressrosa to smaller and lower than a town that "it's consistent" despite the fact it's blatantly wrong and goes against Oda's intentions & words, but I guess it doesn't matter as long as it fits your narrative of City lvl Dressrosa which everyone disagrees, but wouldn't stop you from making that into reality anyways.

Sounds like you're injecting a few of your own personal beliefs here.

Your entire argument can be summed up to "It's too high, I don't like it", but if it were to be used to downplay more than 50+ characters you would be fine with it. Are we really going to discredit all these Gear 3 and Diablo Jambe feats because it upgrades too many characters? Sorry damage, I strongly disagree with you on this.

We discredit feats all the time for consistency and scaling issues.

It's definitely more consistent than what we have currently. And narratively makes sense.

Though I'm not quite sure what Damage is trying to say. Why isn't this valid?

What concerns me is that I provide proof from Oda himself that Luffy and Sanji are near the Yonko as early as Dressrosa and instead of scaling Luffy and Sanji to them, Damage suggest downgrading the Yonko in their entirety to 1000 of times weaker than Whitebeard, which makes zero sense at all considering that so many people fought and matched Whitebeard in Marineford, not to mention them having many statements and evidence that make them on the same level as Whitebeard and Roger...

Luffy and the rest downscaling from Yonko: is consistent

Damage: no
Consistency doesn't just mean; "Luffy has a feat of punching Big Mom's punch. No antifeats for Gear 3 exist."

It also means seeing what other characters scale to, how strong the calcs are from other characters scaling to them. There are a lot more calcs that suggest the power of many of the characters scaling here is a lot lower than Low 6-B. So if we have many calcs versus one much bigger calc... how is the one bigger calc consistent?

Sounds like you're injecting a few of your own personal beliefs here.

We discredit feats all the time for consistency and scaling issues.
Non-existent Scaling issues you mean. Discrediting feats without an apparent reason doesn't always works here, Damage. Surely, you are aware that this is an indexing wiki & debate wiki, if you like it or not, we are not going to discredit these feats.

I agree that the current justification for Kaido scaling to Shanks is inaccurate, but even then if you remove that there's still plenty of scaling that still puts both Big Mom and Kaido at that value.
I would much rather downgrade Big Mom's Striking Strength and rate Big Mom and Kaido on their actual feats in the arc than in scaling them to Shanks, Gol. D Roger and Whitebeard.
So I don't agree with this.

Non-existent Scaling issues you mean. Discrediting feats without an apparent reason doesn't always works here, Damage. Surely, you are aware that this is an indexing wiki & debate wiki, if you like it or not, we are not going to discredit these feats.
The scaling issues would be a lot clearer if everyone who is actually being proposed to be upgraded was displayed in the OP.

We're talking about an upgrade from Mountain level (where the characters should be instead of the current Large Mountain level on the profiles due to the CRT not being opened yet) to Small Country level for several characters.

If all of these supposedly Small Country level characters have more consistent feats & calcs around Mountain level, then why would I be happy about upgrading them all to Small Country level?

This is like backscaling Roshi's Moon level feat in Dragon Ball to say that every early Dragon Ball character is Multi-Continent to Moon level.

I want to see how far you'll take this backscaling. Please list every character that is going to be upgraded to Small Country level or Small Country level+.

I want to see how far you'll take this backscaling. Please list every character that is going to be upgraded to Small Country level or Small Country level+.
Before that, we need to agree Gear 3rd Luffy and Diable Jambe Sanji scale to Big Mom in a capacity

Like they flat out do from Oda himself, it’s not “Well the validity of them scaling depends on whether or not this effects a lot of characters”

The validity is that they scale and anyone else who backscales is just a biproduct, I only wanted to scale Late WCI Sanji to this, but now you’re saying there is no Late WCI Sanji and it effects everyone

So yeah, you aren’t actually refuting anything I’m saying, what needs to be settled first is that we agree Gear 3rd Luffy and Diable Jambe Sanji scale to Big Mom

It's like every time I open this wiki people got new opinions on scaling.

We've discussed this already in the last scaling CRT.

Early Timeskip Sanji and Late WCI Sanji are 2 completely different people miles apart in AP

So yeah, you aren’t actually refuting anything I’m saying, what needs to be settled first is that we agree Gear 3rd Luffy and Diable Jambe Sanji scale to Big Mom

A lot of the contents of the OP aren't something that needs refuting.

Saying "Gear 3 Luffy fought Katakuri and Cracker who are Yonkou Commanders so these aren't anti-feats" isn't something that can be addressed really... These characters are getting their scaling from Luffy in the first place.

The Wano portion I did address.

The actual issue though, which is "Do we upgrade all of these characters based on the feat" is a bit different to "Did the feat actually happen?"

Yes, the feat happened. Luffy and Sanji hit Big Mom as she went to punch to hit Reiju. Agreeing the feat exists though does not mean automatically agreeing to upgrading the characters plus everyone else scaling to them.

My issue is whether it is truly consistent or fitting with the rest of the characters if we upgrade them to Low 6-B. To make a proper judgement of that, I need to see everyone who this is being suggested to apply to.

This CRT serves one purpose, to make sure we acknowledge that Gear 3rd Luffy and Sanji scale to Big Mom

Any scaling afterwards can be decided in the main Post-TS CRT, there's no way I'm letting this feat get negged just because it upgrades a bunch of character

The CRT can't just serve two characters though given that it is proposing to upgrade multiple characters. If it is accepted that the feat exists for scaling the two of them, but we don't change everybody's ratings until we start the full Post-Timeskip scaling thread which looks at all of the calcs affecting all of the characters as a whole, then that's fine.

I'm not agreeing though to upgrading the characters right away based just on the existence of the feat itself.

The CRT can't just serve two characters though given that it is proposing to upgrade multiple characters. If it is accepted that the feat exists for scaling the two of them, but we don't change everybody's ratings until we start the full Post-Timeskip scaling thread which looks at all of the calcs affecting all of the characters as a whole, then that's fine.

I'm not agreeing though to upgrading the characters right away based just on the existence of the feat itself.
I don't plan to apply changes yet, I know for a fact that there's more to be said

All this CRT is made to do is conclude without a shadow of a doubt that Gear 3rd Luffy and Late WCI Diable Jambe Sanji scale to 1/4 of Big Mom, it is directly supported by Oda's exact words that is what needs to be used, anyone else thats scales to these two is a mere biproduct that wouldn't not change that scaling

My issue is whether it is truly consistent or fitting with the rest of the characters if we upgrade them to Low 6-B.
Okay

I wanted to NOT implement this in all actuality because I liked the consistency we had and I don't like higher tiers for the sake of higher tiers, but the arguments I'm seeing are annoying me and irritating my soul.

I didn't want to initially support this CRT. In fact I was supposed to be the one to drop it, but I didn't like it because it didn't feel right.

Now I don't care. @DemonGodMitchAubin, gg

Feats of Others Scaling to Higher Tiers​

X Drake, Urouge, Hawkins, and Apoo all surviving and staying conscious from attacks (kicks specifically) from Kizaru.

Jinbe with Fishman Karate and most likely Busoshoku blocking a punch from Akainu

Jinbe taking a sword strike from Big Mom (with Napoleon and Prometheus) w/Shark Skin Busoshoku Koka and required her to apply more force to her strike.

Marineford Crocodile, who's around the level of Doffy, taking a Jozu tackle

Doflamingo being able to hold Jozu down with his strings

Doflamingo surviving Aokiji's passive ice freeze

Luffy and Sanji countering a punch from Big Mom

Gear 4th Luffy requiring Big Mom to use Busoshoku Koka to block his punch instead of just casually noselling his attack

Castle Bege taking several hits from Big Mom

Reiju (despite of her fire resistance) taking a hit from Big Mom

Judge surviving a thunderbolt from Big Mom and getting up to fight again later for the rest of the arc

Everybody here scales to (or someone scales to them) in AP or Durability. Proof?

Proof​

How many people scale to Doflamingo? Law and Hawkins (who backscales from Kizaru), and Zoro scales from Hawkins and Issho scales above/to Zoro.

Jinbe's fishman Karate around the range of others in the verse like Luffy.

Judge who directly scales to Sanji since Sanji can bruise him with a haki infused kick.

Urouge who lost to Cracker and is comparable/superior to Snack.

A Method of Scaling​

I'll copy and paste from my old scaling document

Now a slight issue would be that one of their forms are just ridiculously high compared to their other forms, which is an easy fix.

We already get a comparison to the strength gaps in power.

In chapter 837, we are given Gear 3rd Luffy being blocked and overpowered by a Biscuit Soldier with 3 arms.
In chapter 836, we see base Luffy intercept an angered Biscuit Soldier with 1 arm, then wounds him with a kick.

So basically
1 Armed Biscuit Soldier ~ Base Luffy
3 Armed Biscuit Soldier > Gear 3rd Luffy

Via this CRT, we are given information that combined attacks or attacks with multiple limbs are linear amps when it comes to One Piece, which means that 2 arms = 2x the force, and it’s shown to be that unless contradicted.

So 3 limbed Biscuit Soldier ~ 3x 1 limbed biscuit soldier.

This fixes the previous issue of a huge strength gap between the forms.

So since we keep pushing this agenda of ignoring feats or letting people have a random key or form that is a billion times stronger than anything else they can produce, here is the consistency that everyone wanted.

Okay

I wanted to NOT implement this in all actuality because I liked the consistency we had and I don't like higher tiers for the sake of higher tiers, but the arguments I'm seeing are annoying me and irritating my soul.

I didn't want to initially support this CRT. In fact I was supposed to be the one to drop it, but I didn't like it because it didn't feel right.

Now I don't care. @DemonGodMitchAubin, gg

Feats of Others Scaling to Higher Tiers​

X Drake, Urouge, Hawkins, and Apoo all surviving and staying conscious from attacks (kicks specifically) from Kizaru.

Jinbe with Fishman Karate and most likely Busoshoku blocking a punch from Akainu

Jinbe taking a sword strike from Big Mom (with Napoleon and Prometheus) w/Shark Skin Busoshoku Koka and required her to apply more force to her strike.

Marineford Crocodile, who's around the level of Doffy, taking a Jozu tackle

Doflamingo being able to hold Jozu down with his strings

Doflamingo surviving Aokiji's passive ice freeze

Luffy and Sanji countering a punch from Big Mom

Gear 4th Luffy requiring Big Mom to use Busoshoku Koka to block his punch instead of just casually noselling his attack

Castle Bege taking several hits from Big Mom

Reiju (despite of her fire resistance) taking a hit from Big Mom

Judge surviving a thunderbolt from Big Mom and getting up to fight again later for the rest of the arc

Everybody here scales to (or someone scales to them) in AP or Durability. Proof?

Proof​

How many people scale to Doflamingo? Law and Hawkins (who backscales from Kizaru), and Zoro scales from Hawkins and Issho scales above/to Zoro.

Jinbe's fishman Karate around the range of others in the verse like Luffy.

Judge who directly scales to Sanji since Sanji can bruise him with a haki infused kick.

Urouge who lost to Cracker and is comparable/superior to Snack.

A Method of Scaling​

I'll copy and paste from my old scaling document

So since we keep pushing this agenda of ignoring feats or letting people have a random key or form that is a billion times stronger than anything else they can produce, here is the consistency that everyone wanted.
I love you King 😘

Forgive me for having a shred of doubt in my heart when I see proposals that will radically change the entire verse and make even more characters all end up scaling to the highest calc in the verse.

Some people don't have a problem with that, and that's fine. Everyone sees things differently. But I'm allowed to have reservations against drastic proposals when the majority of calcs and feats (the non-powerscaling kind of feats) don't necessarily agree with the conclusion being proposed.

You're not not allowed to disagree. I never insinuated that.

I'm just saying that the disagreeal was the conduit for me reverting back to agreeing
I don't see how wanting to look at all of the calcs together as a whole instead of automatically agreeing to the upgrades would make you change your mind.

I don't see how wanting to look at all of the calcs together as a whole instead of automatically agreeing to the upgrades would make you change your mind.
It's not that

It's the lack of information (not dissing anyone, just saying there's a lot that's unannounced) of feats and narrative in the story that shows that there isn't much of a gap.

Me withholding that information isn't fair to the OP, especially when there's truth in the OP

Forgive me for having a shred of doubt in my heart when I see proposals that will radically change the entire verse and make even more characters all end up scaling to the highest calc in the verse.
OH SO? WHENEVER IT'S AN UPGRADE THEN IT IS A BIG ISSUE? Honestly, Damage. I really want you to look at your own Dressrosa CTR/Revision and say that again, because your CTR is radically changing more than 60% of One piece characters.

OH SO? WHENEVER IT'S AN UPGRADE THEN IT IS A BIG ISSUE? Honestly, Damage. I really want you to look at your own Dressrosa CTR/Revision and say that again, because your CTR is radically changing more than 60% of One piece characters.
That's because the majority of CRT's I've come across are almost always upgrades. Hence when I act as the Devil's Advocate, the majority of the time it is going to be against upgrades.

If somebody proposed changing Luffy to Town level, you can bet I'll be taking an issue with that too.

That's because the majority of CRT's I've come across are almost always upgrades. Hence when I act as the Devil's Advocate, the majority of the time it is going to be against upgrades.

If somebody proposed changing Luffy to Town level, you can bet I'll be taking an issue with that too.
Then don't use that argument if you are doing exactly the same thing. Honestly, I can't believe what you are saying.

You are misunderstanding me here, neither sides are fine, but ever heard of the phrase "practice what you preach" if your only argument for disagreeing with the OP is "big changes" then don't act surprised that people are getting irritated at your low-ball ideology.

Then don't use that argument if you are doing exactly the same thing. Honestly, I can't believe what you are saying.

You are misunderstanding me here, neither sides are fine, but ever heard of the phrase "practice what you preach" if your only argument for disagreeing with the OP is "big changes" then don't act surprised that people are getting irritated at your low-ball ideology.
Big changes aren't the issue. Big changes that aren't supported by all of the other Post-Timeskip calcs thus far is a bit of an issue to me.

If Whitebeard's calc was Continent level, would you be okay with all of the Post-Timeskip characters being 1/4 of Continent level?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back