• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece High 7-A Revision

Hmm, I think there should be some better way of trying to scale Burgess' durability than scaling him directly to Ace and Sengoku.

In both cases he was hit only by a fraction of their total energy output due to the widespread nature of their attacks.

Damage3245 said:
Hmm, I think there should be some better way of trying to scale Burgess' durability than scaling him directly to Ace and Sengoku.
In both cases he was hit only by a fraction of their total energy output due to the widespread nature of their attacks.
Yes I do agree. I was surprisd you didn't bring this up before given you have been vocal about such feats in the past (Where attacks are absorped by multiple characters).

@Dr. Fix; to be fair I completely missed the Jesus Burgress thread, and only just paid more attention to the actual feats being listed on his profile.

Like with calculating the durability from an explosion, I'm sure we could calculate Jesus Burgess' surface area and find his durability that way. There is precedent.

Also it presents a fairly glaring circle error

Issho gets scaling from Sabo who gets it from Jesus who gets it from Katakuri (Can't wrap my head around that) who gets it from Gear 4, who gets it from Multiplying Gear 3, which gets it from Issho.

It starts and ends with the same character. Issho cannot be high 7-A because he'd only get that from himself being 7-A.

I think those three should stay at just 7-A. Even if Jesus is half the value of Issho he still gets the same tier and therefore isn't one-shot material.

That's really more of an anti-feat for BB if anything and an outlier given over powered Ace. Assuming of course they got hit by same amount of energy.

FYI not sure if Ace's and Sabo's attacks are equal given we do not treat Gura Teach as equal. to Whitebeard

Teach suffers more damage thanks to his fruit. Don't use the outlier argument as it has any meaning. I'm sick of hearing the same BS.

So? Nobody is treating them as equals in that regard anyway.

The pain is amplified, yes. But you can't feel pain from what's essentially unable to hurt you.

You'd need to prove Teach's pain amplification is around thousands or millions of times worthy to say the actual result is totally negligible.

Damage3245 said:
But the only way would be that. Burguess presented the same feats of durability as Teach himself. The only problem I see with this is in fact the confusion this can cause when scaling for Fujitora. Btw, the thread is still open, you can go there and try to comment something

It isn't stated how much the pain is amplified that Blackbeard experiences, but yes, he does feel more pain than usual.

@Ryuga21; since this thread is handling the ratings for all these characters going forward I would prefer to discuss it here for now.

He took an attack from whitebeard without dying so I think it's safe to say his pain intake isn't so high that we can't scale Burgess.

@Eminiteable; the issue is that Burgess isn't scaling to Blackbeard's durability. He's scaling to AOE attacks from other characters.

@Antvasima, from what I can tell most of the new proposed ratings are fine, there's just some discussion on scaling left for a few characters.

I'll let you know once we've reached a conclusion.

^^We're not even close to a conclusion.

@Damage has multiple irregularities in his list

Before that we're waiting on his response to the existing list.

Perhaps before all that we have to sort out the mistake that was Jesus upgrade.

@Dr. Fix; what existing list do you mean?

And yes, I do agree that the most suitable step first is to fix Jesus Burgess.

Perhaps the best rating for him, and those that scale to him, would be "At least 7-A"?

Considering he has two feats to put him at High 7-A, I disagree with that.

The AoE argument is pointless as Teach took roughly the same amount and were damaged in both instances.

What's the reason to scale him to 7-A again?

@Damage this one of course

I'm still not clear on whether that implies 499 or 999 megatons. Perhaps a more senior staff member would know the answer?

Either way I don't think that fits for Jesus given he backscales from Sabo, who in turn is <=Issho (420 megatons).

I thought you meant some kind of list like I have in the sandbox.

And I'm pretty sure all "At least 7-A" means it is not higher than the range of what 7-A covers.

But I'm fine with either 7-A or at least 7-A.

The argument that Teach means he must have had High 7-A durability doesn't stack up because the reason Teach has High 7-A durability in the first place is tanking attacks from Ace.

Damage3245 said:
@Antvasima, from what I can tell most of the new proposed ratings are fine, there's just some discussion on scaling left for a few characters.

I'll let you know once we've reached a conclusion.
Okay. I will unfollow this thread then.

@The Calaca; sorry for not replying sooner.

The point Dr. Fix and I are trying to make, I think, is that because Teach and Burgess were only hit by a small portion of Ace's attack when he used the Fire Fist, then they shouldn't scale necessarily to his full AP.

Likewise for them being hit by a widespread shockwave attack from Sengoku.

At least 7-A would be a better rating for him.

@Dr. Fix; what other problems do you have with the proposals?

Said attacks were still able to hurt them despite the AoE. At least 7-A is a stretch that doesn't give any clear place to put the characters at.

@Calaca; he'd be scaling to Fujitora's 7-A calc, through scaling to Sabo.

@Damage I am still waiting on you to comment on my list. I have more than a few queries on yours but thought you were going to comment first. That would probably fix at least a handful of my queries anyway.

@Dr. Fix; it might be simpler if you presented your issues here.

Bear in mind that most of what I've posted in the sandbox is just the existing justifications that have been updated for the new value of the calc - so I'm not strongly attached to most of those ratings.

@Dr. Fix; Can you repost each of your points in your list here please? Might make it quicker if you just summarize them.

@The Calaca; Issho is above Sabo, I agree. But we currently scale Sabo to Fujitora, so are you saying that's wrong?

Dr.Fix said:
@Damage this one of course
I'm still not clear on whether that implies 499 or 999 megatons. Perhaps a more senior staff member would know the answer?

Either way I don't think that fits for Jesus given he backscales from Sabo, who in turn is <=Issho (420 megatons).
Pretty easy to follow.

@Dr. Fix; please, just post them here.

@The Calaca; but Burgess downscaling from Aokiji and Akainu is okay?

Since Ace gets his scaling from Aokiji & Akainu.

@Dr. Fix; why can't you just post your points in this thread? Please, do me a favor.

With @Cin giving up on his calc @Damage's goes through and Issho is no longer high 7-A. This means anyone who scaled to him also gets dropped down.

Doflamingo: No more high 7-A Issho means he scales to Sanji, Law, Luffy, Kuza , and 7-A Issho. All of the characters here except Luffy in gear 4 are 7-A so pretty clear he goes down to 7-A as well.

Luffy: We currently scale base luffy to Sanji but that doesn't make much sense anymore. I suggest Luffy in gears 1-3 gets just 7-A because Gear 3 is <=> Issho while base should not be so far below that via Sanji and Gear 2 in between. It is also important to note that Zoro out did Gear 2 against the dragon in Punk Hazard and Sanji parralelled Gear 3 Luffy in WCI.

This also means Gear 4 gets baseline high 7-A as a minimum via "several times" (Assumig he scales fully to Pica )

Officers:

I'm not sure if Cracker and Smoothie should get high 7-A given Luffy is base line. I'm open to suggestions but I recommend "At least 7-A, possibly high 7-A" for them both.

This probably extends to other top three officers in any top organization: Ace, Jack, etc.

First Officers:

Katakuri did better than Cracker in terms of matching Luffy's power. For him I would consider "likely" instead of "possibly". Keep in mind I'm not sure if we're counting Haki these days or not in calculations. If not the above fits, if we are then I would suggest plain "high 7-A".

This would probably extend to other first officers as well: Rayleigh, Benn, Kizaru, etc.

Others:

Crocodile scales to Duffy, Jinbei scales to Ace, and I might be missing a few others. Should be fairly straight forward if the profiles are up to date in scaling.

Cheers,

Dr. Fix; thanks. Looks like most of your scaling points seem to be fine. The most contentious point would seem to be Cracker & Smoothie's scaling.

I don't think Smoothie has much going for her, but Cracker does have his feat of cutting through Luffy's G4 arm.

I also don't think that Luffy's base state in Dressrosa should also be considered 7-A though. I think we should leave his feat of hurting Sanji in the Whole Cake Island key.

Yes I remember making a note about your placement of Smoothie.

EDIT:

Smoothie: I don't know why she got a "likely". No one else did. I get she doesn't have much in feats but the same is said about most everyone else. Either remove it from hers or apply it to a great many others.

Luffy's WCI key and ratings are from the end of the arc (aka after Katakuri). Anything before that upgrade belongs to Dressrosa key.

Sans the current discussion about Cracker and other officers of his level, Fix's list is fine.

Back