• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Film RED

Shanks finally shut down the belief that Admirals match Emperors, I should have never doubted the man's responsibility!

You sound too fussy about the situation, I have repeatedly referred specifically to Shanks, His fighting style and abilities.
I’m not fussy, I’m just saving y’all from hopium. and the atrocious one piece upgrades flying around suddenly

The scan of the abilities being canon for _______ character.
IMG_20220725_102530.jpg

Um…thanks for the scan but literally it says that it might reveal canon information about shanks pertaining to the story not specifically about abilities…thanks tho.
Shanks Canon information can be mean anything including his Ability and Past. it's obvious you're nitpicking on that...anyway you're wellcome

Yeah it can mean anything, therefore u can’t assume one thing. So yes, I’m nitpicking at a vague statement.
It's not Vague whatever is showing in the movie that related to Shanks and another Canon character is a Canon information apart from Uta things.
Because the storyline is not Canon then what else needs to be questioned besides Shanks' past and his abilities Because Oda focuses on that?

He was but being involved doesn’t change anything…
What's wrong with you, The original script changed due to Oda's intervention, revised it and said that this movie is very important because it involves Shanks. Oda even asked the director to be replaced with one who has never worked on a One Piece movie.
You don't understand such a simple thing? Storylines and things related to Uta are not Canon, but information apart from that is Canon.

I don't think I'll bother you on this matter anymore.

Shimizu suggests through Oda we
might find out some things about
Shanks and that we will get to know
more about his secrets
non-canon to the timeline, but
canon information reveals may be
featured).
Idk man, I’m just not ass pulling. Just reading it, we’ll get canon information about shanks’ secrets, you know, his personality, mind process, stuff that he knows that no one else knows, teasers, etc. like how would an ability displayed by multiple people be a “secret” canon ability.

Wait- you're arguing Oda is going to create a literal new ability that's movie-exclusive for the first time ever? And not just-- you know, adapt what his character already is into this setting, like every other time?

Wait- you're arguing Oda is going to create a literal new ability that's movie-exclusive for the first time ever? And not just-- you know, adapt what his character already is into this setting, like every other time?
Well I mean if it’s never been revealed then yes it technically is new. And if it’s not adapted into canon, then yes again. And without proof that it’s canon rather than “odas more involved and he talks about shanks stuff”, then yes for the 3rd time.

This takes me back to Pirate Warriors 2- didn't he do Shanks' entire fighting style there and Haoshoku coating was revealed there? Everyone just thought it was cool Bushoshoku glows

This takes me back to Pirate Warriors 2- didn't he do Shanks' entire fighting style there and Haoshoku coating was revealed there? Everyone just thought it was cool Bushoshoku glows
do we take that fighting style as canon even? 😳 Cuz even recently people were like “shanks was finally a confirmed swordsman, mihawk neg diffs”…and it was a haki vs swordsmen debate.(he’s obv gonna be both) and I mean the coated haoshoku was actually implemented. (spammed often atp)

do we take that fighting style as canon even? 😳 Cuz even recently people were like “shanks was finally a confirmed swordsman, mihawk neg diffs”…and it was a haki vs swordsmen debate.(he’s obv gonna be both) and I mean the coated haoshoku was actually implemented. (spammed often atp)
Idc about Hawkeye vs Shanks, but his fighting style in the game is written by Oda, and it showed COC coating years and years before the anime. Idk why "Oda writing this doesn't mean it's accurate" it's an argument tbh.
Then again he'll take action in canon soon as well so it won't be long before we find out

Idc about Hawkeye vs Shanks, but his fighting style in the game is written by Oda, and it showed COC coating years and years before the anime. Idk why "Oda writing this doesn't mean it's accurate" it's an argument tbh.
Then again he'll take action in canon soon as well so it won't be long before we find out
well imo and how I think stuff would be treated on the wiki, more involvement=/=“more” canon. I do hope shanks gets a fight sometime soon(probs won’t or oda will offscreen it).

Pirate Warriors 3+4 actaully, he wasn't playable in 2. Was Oda really involved in his moveset? That Red Haki Lightning & Mafia Costume were looking really 🔥
strongstyleshanks.jpg

Q0pCj8R.jpg

If there is a good calc can it be accepted as canon since the characters' abilities will be made canon?

Pirate Warriors 3+4 actaully, he wasn't playable in 2. Was Oda really involved in his moveset? That Red Haki Lightning & Mafia Costume were looking really 🔥
strongstyleshanks.jpg

Q0pCj8R.jpg
Can slowing time make reminds me for an Old theory that Shanks can manipulate Space and Time via Haki so he can arrived at Marineford earlier to stop the War even though he had just fought Kaido in the New world.

If there any Planetary Feats then It's still calculable for the non Canon scaling because the story is non Canon mean the fight is never happened, Just like the stampede.
But would the power of those calcs still scale to canon characters or no?

If there any Planetary Feats then It's still calculable for the non Canon scaling because the story is non Canon mean the fight is never happened, Just like the stampede.
Oda ain't doing anything "planetary" (on his planet) until the final saga's last battles. World destruction comes with BB as far as we know and how much he boasts about it

Back