• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Film RED

So we can include a few feats linked to Shanks in movie? I thought there are important feats for Shanks one, possible to scaled others, from RED's spoilers. Hao users should have to get a new upgrade to resist mind manipulation depends how Uta use her power which seem to be mind manipulation, then Shanks and Katakuri can resist it even thought Luffy still cant resist it
Yeah only fighting style and abilties considering Oda approve that and got involved in directing this film with Shimizu( Film Red Director) spesific about the Ability stuff. Idk if the power scaling can works but Ability and skills indeed can be use.

Edit : Shimizu is a Producer not Director

Last edited:
Question, you said autistic screeching phrasing

what does that mean?
Somebody used the term "autistic screeching" above, which is technically a rather bigoted concept used against people like myself, as more severe autistic people that mostly live inside of their own heads can get mentally overexerted by too much sensory input and start screaming at times because their social communication skills are bad.

I am personally not particularly sensitive about low-level offensive terms like this, and try to not help the whole oversensitive cancel culture society that has developed in the western world, but others might be, including Fandom, and it doesn't hurt to try to be polite.

Somebody used the term "autistic screeching" above, which is technically a rather bigoted concept used against people like myself, as more severe autistic people that mostly live inside of their own heads can get mentally overexerted by too much sensory input and start screaming at times because their social communication skills are bad.

I am personally not particularly sensitive about low-level offensive terms like this, and try to not help the whole oversensitive cancel culture society that has developed in the western world, but others might be, including Fandom, and it doesn't hurt to try to be polite.
I apologize for this.

I am also highly functioning autistic, but I shouldn't have made such an inappropriate joke.

I'll change the post.

Oh ok, understandable

I thought you were saying somebody was calling me autistic or something 😅 which is why I asked

Director Shimizu said One Piece Film: RED is Non-canon, the film's story has no connection with the Manga plot. But there is some new Canon information used in this film and it has been approved by Oda.

In other words, Uta's character and the film's story are completely unrelated to the manga. So if you want to force it, it won't fit. But later there will be new things that are revealed in this film, such as Shanks' past, fighting style, etc. which will be shown briefly in this film and it is Canon.

This isn't really new, we've seen how Strong World includes Canon's character as the main villain. A legendary pirate who was able to match the power of Roger in the past, namely Shiki. Some new information about Shiki was revealed in Strong World, his background, fighting style and this is still Canon.

However, the Strong World story cannot be linked to the Manga. Yes, roughly speaking, when pirates without Haki mastery can win against pirates who are able to fight alone against 2 Marine legends at once.
Question, can you show the source for this?

... Now the question is- although Feats aren't usable, are pre-existing abilities writen by Goda himself allowed to be expanded upon as canon even though they're in a non-canon source?
It's not like Oda ever added haki stuff that isn't canonically doable

... Now the question is- although Feats aren't usable, are pre-existing abilities writen by Goda himself allowed to be expanded upon as canon even though they're in a non-canon source?
It's not like Oda ever added haki stuff that isn't canonically doable
Oda make it as accurate as possible because some Major characters is involved, The Movie have nothing to do with Canon Timeline but Ability stuff is suppose to be Canon due to Oda who's got involved writing the script.
This movie will be a movie where Oda interferes more than the previous movie (Strong World) because it is related to the Major Character like Shiki and now Shanks.

Oda make it as accurate as possible because some Major characters is involved, The Movie have nothing to do with Canon Timeline but Ability stuff is suppose to be Canon due to Oda who's got involved writing the script.
This movie will be a movie where Oda interferes more than the previous movie (Strong World) because it is related to the Major Character like Shiki and now Shanks.
Is that even how it works…more involvement=/=more canon, oda could simply be fulfilling his fanfic fantasies.

Is that even how it works…more involvement=/=more canon, oda could simply be fulfilling his fanfic fantasies.
Of course, because Oda does focus on several things in this film, Oda's Fanfic fantasies is a non-Canon Character like Uta. if we think that Uta's Devil Fruit can be scaled to Kenbun then I'm neutral about that. Because what makes Oda involved is very much because Shanks appears in the film several times, there may also be fighting scenes, so that's what Oda pays attention to.
This is like the Strong World Movie where Oda is involved in Building Shiki's Character including the Feats he shows.

Of course, because Oda does focus on several things in this film, Oda's Fanfic fantasies is a non-Canon Character like Uta. if we think that Uta's Devil Fruit can be scaled to Kenbun then I'm neutral about that. Because what makes Oda involved is very much because Shanks appears in the film several times, there may also be fighting scenes, so that's what Oda pays attention to.
This is like the Strong World Movie where Oda is involved in Building Shiki's Character including the Feats he shows.
Strong world in itself is canon.

I guess we could make a case where abilities in the movie are scaleable to canon, but we need a shit ton of evidence

There ain’t scaling issues in strong world, y’all just don’t know scaling

Well there’s a distinct difference between a canon movie compared to a non canon move with more involvement. We’ll have to get evidence on the abilities being canon.

I guess we could make a case where abilities in the movie are scaleable to canon, but we need a shit ton of evidence
In this case I read a thing about "Shanks' abilities are written by the author" so at the very least that's one if we can find a source

In this case I read a thing about "Shanks' abilities are written by the author" so at the very least that's one if we can find a source
Yeah I think I read that too. Shanks boutta make admiral fanboys have a temper tantrum, no-diffing a vice admiral like that..

Admiral agenda got Kanabo'd by Yamato first and now Shanks. The admiral=yonko crowd are getting sweaty
Plus the newest admiral deadass had to whip out their strongest form for incomplete, base form scabbards. Even worse, I don't think Shinobu even has haki or a sword like the other scabbards, just a fruit,though admittedly that fruit seems to hard counter Aramaki.

Well there’s a distinct difference between a canon movie compared to a non canon move with more involvement. We’ll have to get evidence on the abilities being canon.
The Producer who stated the Ability Stuff is being Canon and He Compared two movie that have Oda involved so much. He explained that some characters will have Canon things like background and power/abilities Just like Shiki.

The Producer who stated the Ability Stuff is being Canon and He Compared two movie that have Oda involved so much. He explained that some characters will have Canon things like background and power/abilities Just like Shiki.
Hello hypnosis resistance and cross-dimensional sensory

All I know is that the Canon part of Strong World is in the character (Shiki, including his background and strengths/abilities) while for the story, I don't know that it's Canon but this movie itself can fit into the timeline so it could be canon (arguably).

All I know is that the Canon part of Strong World is in the character (Shiki, including his background and strengths/abilities) while for the story, I don't know that it's Canon but this movie itself can fit into the timeline so it could be canon (arguably).
We accept it as canon as of rn

For those who don't know, actually this film was planned to focus on Shanks and his past but Oda refused and wanted a female figure to be the main antagonist. Oda's involvement regarding Shanks is because Shanks will also appear in the Manga (showing his abilities) at the same time as the Movie (Oda's Prediction)

For those who don't know, actually this film was planned to focus on Shanks and his past but Oda refused and wanted a female figure to be the main antagonist. Oda's involvement regarding Shanks is because Shanks will also appear in the Manga (showing his abilities) at the same time as the Movie (Oda's Prediction)
Shanks fans... Y'all might be eating good for once..

Well if that is the case and we know which characters abilities are canon then yes, but we can’t assume without specifically knowing what abilities.

Well if that is the case and we know which characters abilities are canon then yes, but we can’t assume without specifically knowing what abilities.
You sound too fussy about the situation, I have repeatedly referred specifically to Shanks, His fighting style and abilities.

Back