• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

How it feels when I'm talking to someone and they unironically say shit like "Shanks/Issho/etc. aren't swordsmen"

If anything, Fujitora's a little too much of a swordsman. I don't get why none of the other Admirals are carrying around Meito, or other weapons they can use with their powers, I'm pretty sure you can transform your weapon when you do the Logia thing.

Last edited:
If anything, Fujitora's a little too much of a swordsman
main-qimg-4d61e131d255aa50573522ad5366d218-lq

Lmao people are so weird.

If anything, Fujitora's a little too much of a swordsman. I don't get why none of the other Admirals are carrying around Meito, or other weapons they can use with their powers, I'm pretty sure you can transform your weapon when you do the Logia thing.
Also, I'm pretty sure some people using guns in One Piece are incredibly fast for some reason, so if Kizaru shot people, there's a chance it'd go faster than his light bullets.

There is a chance Aramaki is carrying a black blade, but one:
We don't know if he forged it himself, it just happens to be colored black, or he stole it
Two: The anime and multiple figurines have it as white
Three: Wario (I just wanted to say this one because I randomly thought of him while typing this).

There is a chance Aramaki is carrying a black blade, but one:
We don't know if he forged it himself, it just happens to be colored black, or he stole it
Two: The anime and multiple figurines have it as white
Three: Wario (I just wanted to say this one because I randomly thought of him while typing this).
That's true... interesting stuff.

Hot Take: Unless he has some kind of special secret ability, which is likely, or he just only pulled out his Haki mid-match, which is possible, I don't think Blackbeard beat Ace one-on-one. Bro had to be saved from Law Post-Timeskip, despite having 2 DFs and having become stronger.

Hot Take: Unless he has some kind of special secret ability, which is likely, or he just only pulled out his Haki mid-match, which is possible, I don't think Blackbeard beat Ace one-on-one. Bro had to be saved from Law Post-Timeskip, despite having 2 DFs and having become stronger.
It's possible both were using Haki during the whole fight. BB is cocky, but not stupid. I have a hard time believing he wouldn't use Haki against Ace.
Also I don't think he could nearly snap Ace's neck with just raw physical strength (unless he's got half Buccaneer genes like I suspect, since Kuma could launch Saturn into buildings with one punch, which shows they have a lot of strength).

It's possible both were using Haki during the whole fight. BB is cocky, but not stupid. I have a hard time believing he wouldn't use Haki against Ace.
I know, that's what I'm saying. If he was using Haki up to that point, and that was him with Haki, I don't think he could've won.
Also I don't think he could nearly snap Ace's neck with just raw physical strength (unless he's got half Buccaneer genes like I suspect, since Kuma could launch Saturn into buildings with one punch, which shows they have a lot of strength).
Well, that was the force of Ace slamming into him combined with that.

And considering I'm 75% sure he's Rocks' son, so I do think he's got solid physical power.

BB's VA must be getting paid more due to him appearing way more recently because the way he says Kurouzu here sounds immaculate

Though, that aside, the animation for it is a little weird. It should have sucked Law in almost immediately.

BB's VA must be getting paid more due to him appearing way more recently because the way he says Kurouzu here sounds immaculate

Though, that aside, the animation for it is a little weird. It should have sucked Law in almost immediately.

not the capcut 💀

Y'know, it's a shame no one really talks about Zoro shattering King's Armament coated sword. That was a pretty good feat considering how good King's Armament is (it could match Zoro's CoA and ACoA Ittoryu and Santoryu moves, for example).

Do y'all think Im-sama's DF will be even more overpowered than the Ope Ope, Soul Soul and Model Nika (or any other strong DF)?

If yes, what y'all think it can do in addition to what we have seen?

Do y'all think Im-sama's DF will be even more overpowered than the Ope Ope, Soul Soul and Model Nika (or any other strong DF)?

If yes, what y'all think it can do in addition to what we have seen?
I still don't know whether or not the Elders and Im are actually human. There's a chance Im is an Umibozu, which is a solid theory with some basis behind it.

I still don't know whether or not the Elders and Im are actually human. There's a chance Im is an Umibozu, which is a solid theory with some basis behind it.
It feels in line with the WG to have the game rigged from the start and Im to have a devil fruit or at least something to either complety invalidate a portion of the power system(and probably to an even greater extent than Blackbeard) or have an incredibly easy win con vs DF users.

It feels in line with the WG to have the game rigged from the start and Im to have a devil fruit or at least something to either complety invalidate a portion of the power system(and probably to an even greater extent than Blackbeard) or have an incredibly easy win con vs DF users.
The Umibozu would have a wincon. It's a massive sea Yokai that is known for drowning people. Also, notably, they can shapeshift into humans in some myths, where they would sometimes challenge people to contests or pretend to require help, then kill them. Yet another thing is that they sometimes could control storms.

There are also legends that seeing an Umibozu and living grants one a long life, implying they could have some power over the human lifespan.

They're known for demanding tributes from sailors and then killing the people anyway, but also for wiping out villages that dididn'provide a tribute to gods. They're also described as former dragon deities in some stories.

They also are weak to tobacco smoke, which would be pretty ironic if Smoker ended up as an Admiral or something and the theory were true.

There are also a different type a spirit that is very similar to like, a corrupted version of a Klaubattermann, and they're kind of Umibozu-esque, which would also be cool.

But anyway, my primary reason for the theory is another legend I read about. It's said in many legends that they would just appear for a small amount of time outside a village. In certain stories, if you tried to go to sea, the Umibozu would rise up to face you, akin to the Lord of the Coast. It would then ask if you feared it, and if you said you weren't, essentially defying it, it would kill you. If you said you were afraid, essentially submitting, it would spare you, and tell you to go home. However, if you said "there's nothing as fearsome as navigating the world," which is the thing Luffy wants, the greatest adventure, that was the only thing that could "defeat" it, making it go away.

Back