• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

Earlier, I said Brook didn't really get to shine in Onigashima, then I watched the dub of the scene where him and Franky jump Big Mom, and that was incredible.

Rokugan.

Haki gg.

True, but Lucci can recover. That said, his main advantage is that he know what she can do, she doesn't know what he can do.
Rokougan's AP is unknown except it could hurt Atlas, but Atlas' durability <<< Big Mom's anyway
He could use Haki, that's true, but like I said, he'd be preoccupied with hitting BM and get hit by the Homies as soon as that happens, as we saw with Law, Kidd, and Killer.
If he survives getting burnt by Prometheus/Hera then he'd probably learn to start guarding himself with Armament to negate the damage though.
And I know Lucci can recover, but eventually he's gonna get hit from something he can't recover from.
Like what if she hits him with something that actually vaporizes his organs, like she did to Ulti?
Ulti was an Ancient Zoan and couldn't regen that part of her stomach. I doubt Lucci will be able to.
Not to mention her endurance is much better than his. She wouldn't get knocked out by a G5 punch with no Haki in it, for example, she'd need a lot of Star Gun level moves for that.
He'd go down way before she did.

Rokougan's AP is unknown except it could hurt Atlas, but Atlas' durability <<< Big Mom's anyway
It's duraneg
He could use Haki, that's true, but like I said, he'd be preoccupied with hitting BM and get hit by the Homies as soon as that happens, as we saw with Law, Kidd, and Killer.
His Haki is better than theirs iirc.
If he survives getting burnt by Prometheus/Hera then he'd probably learn to start guarding himself with Armament to negate the damage though.
And I know Lucci can recover, but eventually he's gonna get hit from something he can't recover from.
Like what if she hits him with something that actually vaporizes his organs, like she did to Ulti?
Ulti was an Ancient Zoan and couldn't regen that part of her stomach. I doubt Lucci will be able to.
Not to mention her endurance is much better than his. She wouldn't get knocked out by a G5 punch with no Haki in it, for example, she'd need a lot of Star Gun level moves for that.
He'd go down way before she did.
Yeah, Homie Fusions would hurt.

It's duraneg
I know.
However, it still couldn't do jack shit to the Seraphim, so I don't think it'd do much of anything to Big Mom.
His Haki is better than theirs iirc.
Well Killer and Kidd have no Haki feats, so Lucci's Haki would be better by default, but that's not my point.
My point is that Lucci wouldn't guard with Haki at first because he'd try to attack Big Mom and be too focused on that to realize that the Homies are about to burn him to oblivion.

Also even if Rokougan can hurt Big Mom, it really wouldn't matter, since she could endure taking the full force of a shockwave pulsing through her head and organs.
And that's, as I said before, one of the biggest issues.
Her endurance is the best in the verse, tied with Whitebeard, Kaidou, and maybe BB.

Also off topic but I'm bullying the shit out of Doffy wankers on Worstgen right now.
It's pretty funny, they're trying to argue stuff like "Crocodile never got retconned, he just magically went from being rocked by Alabasta Luffy in their final fight to enduring hits from Jozu and clashing with Doflamingo "

I’ma need to see how lucci and poor is going before I decide whether big mom sits on lucci or he could taker her on. ;)

Also off topic but I'm bullying the shit out of Doffy wankers on Worstgen right now.
It's pretty funny, they're trying to argue stuff like "Crocodile never got retconned, he just magically went from being rocked by Alabasta Luffy in their final fight to enduring hits from Jozu and clashing with Doflamingo "
Wasn't really a retcon, he was stronger. Characters get better over time, even without training, if they're in a harsh environment.

Again this still doesn't explain how he got much better endurance, AP, etc.
I see it the same way Zoro trained by walking around shirtless on Drum Island. If your body is subjected to extreme conditions, it will adapt. The strongest fighters adapt. Plus, I feel like DFs can probably get amped through some kind of mental training, and his body is under the effect of that Devil Fruit, which seems to be far superior to regular sand in multiple ways.

I see it the same way Zoro trained by walking around shirtless on Drum Island. If your body is subjected to extreme conditions, it will adapt. The strongest fighters adapt. Plus, I feel like DFs can probably get amped through some kind of mental training, and his body is under the effect of that Devil Fruit, which seems to be far superior to regular sand in multiple ways.
Wait, no, scratch all this, him and Moria were weaker because they had Post-Yonkou Stress Disorder, and he hit his peak again because he reignited his flame, while Moria won't do that for a while, if ever.

I get your point but I'm just saying it makes no sense for him to jump from getting that ass clapped by Alabasta Luffy to withstanding hits from Jozu and what not, even if he did do a little training in Impel Down.

Franky yee, brook.. Nah
I just really like that smooth tone he has going, and his singing is fun.
But do you watch dub instead of sub or did you just wanna hear their scene in dub?
I typically watch dub, if it's out, when I want to watch. I know it's not as accurate of a translation or whatever, but I've already read the manga and the manga's better. Plus, I can do other stuff while watching dub, because I don't have to read every word, so multitasking is alright, and I can draw.

Also even if you could somehow manage to convince me that Croc wasn't retconned, you can't prove retcons themselves aren't a thing in OP, because there's shit like this:
never-trust-oda-and-his-silhouettes-v0-pd77c58rhye91.png

So unless you (you doesn't mean SlendVeny in this case, but just who ever thinks retcons don't exist and all that for the sake of the Doffy agenda) think Kaidou and Big Mom still look like this it's pretty obvious that characters actually can be retconned in One Piece.

I get your point but I'm just saying it makes no sense for him to jump from getting that ass clapped by Alabasta Luffy to withstanding hits from Jozu and what not, even if he did do a little training in Impel Down.
Fair, I suppose. Wasn't he also said to have Haki in a Databook? I think MoL showed a scan once that said he used it against Doffy or Mihawk, idk which.

Fair, I suppose. Wasn't he also said to have Haki in a Databook? I think MoL showed a scan once that said he used it against Doffy or Mihawk, idk which.
It's certainly possible.
Haki is dependent on will power iirc, so he could have definitely regained the ability to use it during Marineford, as he was much more confident.

Also even if you could somehow manage to convince me that Croc wasn't retconned, you can't prove retcons themselves aren't a thing in OP, because there's shit like this:
never-trust-oda-and-his-silhouettes-v0-pd77c58rhye91.png

So unless you (you doesn't mean SlendVeny in this case, but just who ever thinks retcons don't exist and all that for the sake of the Doffy agenda) think Kaidou and Big Mom still look like this it's pretty obvious that characters actually can be retconned in One Piece.
There are obviously retcons, Roger doesn't have giant nose hairs anymore. I'm thinking Croc just kinda lost his way and had an easy time re-igniting his power once he got the spirit back, so to speak. Maybe a retcon, but I think it could reasonably be supported by the story. Willpower is a warrior's greatest weapon.

Kinda funny that most people say Alabasta and Reverie instead of Arabasta and Levely, even though those are the official translations iirc.

Is it based on people growing up with dubs and such saying "Alabasta," or just that those ones sound better?

I typically watch dub, if it's out, when I want to watch. I know it's not as accurate of a translation or whatever, but I've already read the manga and the manga's better. Plus, I can do other stuff while watching dub, because I don't have to read every word, so multitasking is alright, and I can draw.
mmm 🤔

yee no way can I multi-tasking watching op, or even any anime... They deserve (kinda) my full attention 😤 especially one piece of all things... That deserves even more... So much that I'm letting my instinct guide me!!! (my instinct has been making me wait for years 🙉😅)

mmm 🤔

yee no way can I multi-tasking watching op, or even any anime... They deserve (kinda) my full attention 😤 especially one piece of all things... That deserves even more... So much that I'm letting my instinct guide me!!! (my instinct has been making me wait for years 🙉😅)
I can't focus on one thing at a time. I'm like Luffy, except instead of rubber powers, I got depression.

Is it based on people growing up with dubs and such saying "Alabasta," or just that those ones sound better?
If I remember correctly it's the Japanese language not really being able to have an L sound or something? Or maybe something to do with conversion

Tho alabasta and reverie sound and look much better in English tho

There are obviously retcons, Roger doesn't have giant nose hairs anymore.
And Luffy also has another brother now that was only at most lightly hinted at in his original backstory with Ace.
Kinda funny that most people say Alabasta and Reverie instead of Arabasta and Levely, even though those are the official translations iirc.

Alabasta sounds better
Levely sounds better than Reverie but I feel weird saying Levely now

Back